Waiting for restitution/reparation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dourbest
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dourbest

Guest
If one tells a lie, or steals,is it required that restitution/reparation is done immediately, or can it wait? Does one even have to do these things for salvation if it was a long time ago and would do more harm than good?
 
If you’ve made a mess of things, you owe it to the people you’ve hurt to put it all to rights ASAP.
 
Even if A) It was very small
B) It was a long time ago(I’m scrupulous sort of and I’ve heard to let it go)
C) Doing it ASAP would be much harder and overall worse
 
Even if A) It was very small
B) It was a long time ago(I’m scrupulous sort of and I’ve heard to let it go)
C) Doing it ASAP would be much harder and overall worse
Recipe for disaster.
  1. Small thing.
  2. Long ago.
  3. Possibly forgotten by the “agrieved.”
  4. Feeds your OCD/scripulosity.
 
You seem to be talking about a specific act that you’re worried about. In that case, I’d say it sounds like the kind of question that it would be better to discuss with a priest, rather than a bunch of anonymous commenters on an internet forum.
 
Uhhh more like a few, but I am generally also pretty curious about waiting
 
For lying though, as in lying that happened months or years ago that doesn’t really currently negatively affect them? Can I wait for a better time to tell them? And I plan on it for the confessor part.
 
Yeah my confessor once told me something like say it when I;m sure I should, so I think it is judgement based
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top