WARNING: The Most Holy Family Monastery

• Thread starter Thread starter Xenon-135
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xenon-135

I recently viewed a video tape that was focused on creationism and provided supporing evidence of it against evolution.

The video was produced by The Most Holy Family Monastery in New York state.

When I visited their website, I was shocked!!!

www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com

We truly need to formulate an attack, and address an apologia against this organizaion.

I wonder how many more nuts like these are out there floating about!

GGGRRRRR!!

I noticed the photo of JPII in the chair with the upside down cross.
Peter was crucified upside down.

Of course if you were weak in the history of your faith, you might fall for this old fundy argument.

Mark

This line from their web page tells me everything I need to know about this group.

*“It is no exaggeration to state that Mother Theresa of Calcutta was one of the greatest apostates in history.” *

These guys are way out there.

40.png
bamark:
I noticed the photo of JPII in the chair with the upside down cross.
Peter was crucified upside down.

Of course if you were weak in the history of your faith, you might fall for this old fundy argument.

Mark
I wonder if these people realize that the upside-down cross is official symbol of St. Peter?

These folks already have thier poision tapes in various parishes and monasteries around the us. The catch is that most of the external media is only a subtle display of their true character. Once they gain the confidence, then they stick in their heresy. Parishes, like mine, who are strapped for funds, probably subscribed to the video tape I viewed because it was “free”.

Everyone, please be vigilant of these efforts to undermine the Church.

Oh, and by then way Apologia, thanks for the offer of the address, but isn’t it:
Apologia
Pro Vita
Sua

:rolleyes:

…you wouldn’t have happened to actually know Scott Hahn, would ya? I recall he used to be the minister of a church in VA. Just wondering.

40.png
Xenon-135:
Oh, and by then way Apologia, thanks for the offer of the address, but isn’t it:
Apologia
Pro Vita
Sua

:rolleyes:

…you wouldn’t have happened to actually know Scott Hahn, would ya? I recall he used to be the minister of a church in VA. Just wondering.
Ummm, let me check my drivers license…nope, that isn’t my address. Sorry. And unfortunately, I don’t know Scott Hahn, I do know Scott LaFrance though 😃 .

I hope that people who go to their site will automatically see it for what it’s for; sedevacantism.

It’s interesting that they have a rebuttal to Thomas Sparks on an article he posted on sedevacantists, since I think last year (may have to find it again) he announced that he was becoming one (unless he’s changed his mind).

Alright Amanda. I have never heard of that term sedevacantism.

Please, I need a crash coarse on this. I guess I should do a friggin Google search, but that’s sometimes more difficult than anything. Google can often be a propaganda machine its self.

Hope to hear from you soon Amanda.

Sedevacantists are those who believe that the papal chair is currently empty and that Pope John Paul II is not the pope at all, but an anti-Pope. However, I think that this site goes so far as to call him the anti-Christ.

Here’s an article from This Rock about them.

catholic.com/thisrock/2000/0003fea1.asp

I’ll try to formulate a much better answer.

Here’s a quote by meglin in the Apologetics forum from the thread ***Would I Be Welcome Here… IF * ** that explains it.
40.png
meglin:
Sedevacantists are those who claim that that the “Conciliar popes”, that is to say Pope John XXIII and his successors, were heretics and therefore forfeited the papacy. Although they do hold to the definition of the papacy as taught by the Catholic Church but openly Proclaim that Pope John Paul II is not Pope as they belief him to be a heretic and thus to have lost his seat as Pope . Thus they claim that we have no pope and that therefore the Holy See is vacant, sedes (seat) - vacante (vacant), which is why such people are referred to as “sedevacantists”.
Hope that helps.

Are they para military or something?

The guys I saw on the tape looked like marines in priest attire.

I get the impression that they are like a skinhead version of SSPX.

I hope I can one day be an apostate the level of Mother Theresa of Calcutta!! If we had a few more “leave” like that, how much better will the world be

40.png
Xenon-135:
Are they para military or something?

The guys I saw on the tape looked like marines in priest attire.

I get the impression that they are like a skinhead version of SSPX.
It seems to me, from their writings, that they are very fanatical in their beliefs.

Para-military or not, I wouldn’t know. I didn’t see any pictures of them on their site, and have never seen the video.

40.png
ralphinal:
I hope I can one day be an apostate the level of Mother Theresa of Calcutta!! If we had a few more “leave” like that, how much better will the world be
I don’t quite understand what you mean here. :confused:

Most Holy Family Monastery seems to be pretty much a one-man operation. That one man is Michael Dimond, age 31. In 1995, when he was only 22, he succeeded the recently-deceased founder of the monastery.

That alone should be grounds for pause. Have you ever heard of a legitimate monastery that would select as leader someone who was too young to rent a car?

In fact Most Holy Family Monastery is not a real monastery and is not a real Benedictine foundation. Dimond puts “O.S.B.” after his name, but he is in no way associated with the Order of St. Benedict.

His web site hovers around the 2,000,000 mark in the rankings of all web sites–that is, there are 2,000,000 other sites that are visited more frequently than his is. (Over the last week catholic.com has been around 7,800 in the rankings.) That Dimond’s site ranks so low should be a comfort: Almost no one visits his site, which means not many people are being injured by it.

Not that I would expect much injury to come from it even if the site were ranked high. The reason is that Dimond’s positions are just, well, goofy. It isn’t just that he is a sedevacantist. It is that he has excommunicated everyone else on the Catholic right.

He thinks that the groups and publications that normally come to mind when one hears the phrase “extreme Traditionalists” (such as “The Remnant” and “Catholic Family News”) are themselves awash in liberal heresy.

Feel free to visit his site and see for yourself. I’m not worried that anyone at the forums will succumb to Dimond’s arguments, but it might be good for you to see what happens when bad logic is joined with hysterical claims.

(Besides, you’d give him a thrill: It wouldn’t take many visitors to bring his site’s ranking up to 1,900,000 for a week.)

40.png
AmandaPS:
I don’t quite understand what you mean here. :confused:
Sorry for the confusion. What I mean by that is that Mother was one of the greatest example of living God’s calling in modern times. If more of us Catholics would follow her lead, the world would be better off. It makes me sick to think that people who call themselves Catholics or Christians feel that she was evil while they live in comfort and ease.

Thanks for the clarification. I feel she was one of the best examples of Catholic charity that we’ve had lately.

40.png
Apologia100:
I wonder if these people realize that the upside-down cross is official symbol of St. Peter?
I doubt it. But, if they do, it’s conveniently omitted.
Like the verses in Jeremiah 44 (16-19) concerning the “Queen of Heaven”.

That one is a fundy favorite. It’s also out of context, and not even relevant to the Virgin Mary. The verses are describing Ishtar, the goddess of fertility.

I don’t read these websites anymore. They give me a headache. :eek:

40.png
Apologia100:
I doubt it. But, if they do, it’s conveniently omitted.
Like the verses in Jeremiah 44 (16-19) concerning the “Queen of Heaven”.

That one is a fundy favorite. It’s also out of context, and not even relevant to the Virgin Mary. The verses are describing Ishtar, the goddess of fertility.

I don’t read these websites anymore. They give me a headache. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back