Hey Soc…
If you think about it, how does one know with absolute certainty that truth regarding all that Jesus taught can be found at any one particular church? The holy bible codified by Jesus’ established church, provides the answer. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to that one church, in the world today (built by Jesus 2000 years ago, in Jerusalem) - and promised to be with her, as the bride of Christ, until the end of time, and empowered her (Acts 1) - to be Jesus’ witnesses starting in Jerusalem and eventually to the ends of the earth. Jesus commanded His one church, 2000 years ago (which is still in the world today) - to make disciples of of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and to teach said disciples all that He commanded, and that He would be with His established church circa 33 A.D, to the very end of the age.
Jesus said to this one church in the world today: *“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever, even the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you desolate; I will come to you.” *
Jesus said to this one church in the world today:* “These things I have spoken to you, while I am still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” *
Jesus said to this one church in the world today: *"But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of Truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me; and you also are witnesses, because you have been with me from the beginning…If I do not go away; the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. " *
Jesus clearly stated that the Holy spirit would/will be with His established church through thick and thin, guiding and teaching His church until His return. If the holy bible is the pillar and foundation of truth via individual interpretation…the authoritative be all and end all, then why the need for the perpetual guidance of the Holy Spirit, the spirit of truth, sent to Jesus’ one church? Jesus talks specifically to His established church built on the Apostles, as per Saint Paul, and promises that the Holy Spirit will guide and teach His church when he says he will not leave his church as orphans. The Holy spirit brings to mind all of what Jesus accomplished: his redemption and salvation; Only the Holy Spirit makes it possible for believers to grasp the inestimable truths of God and his salvation, through Jesus’ established church, as per sacred scripture. Jesus’ church derives her infallibility, regarding all that Jesus taught, from the spirit of truth! If the catholic church is not the church built by Jesus Christ, 2000 years ago, in Jerusalem, on Pentecost, then perhaps someone could point me in the direction of His church, in the world today, and I will gladly join that church in worship.
Only the Holy Spirit prevents Christians belonging to Jesus’ established church, from being orphans, and only the Holy spirit, the spirit of truth, can prevent Jesus’ established church, in Jerusalem, 2000 years ago, on Pentecost, from teaching erroneously. The revelation that Jesus’ church receives, goes back specifically to Jesus and his teachings, and there will be no new revelation. Despite this, Jesus’ promise to guide His church into all truth is put in a future tense, and it is through the Holy Spirit alone, that it is accomplished. As I have illustrated, it is only the Holy Spirit, (spirit of Truth) - Who makes this possible! Jesus has kept His promise to His established church, through the power/guidance of the Holy Spirit in perpetuity, and that alone is what makes the distinction between the ministers of the catholic church and the ministers of non-catholic churches, in the world today, and as I have said before: not to impugn their work, of course.
It’s not that priests are smarter or possess a greater skill set; far from it; they simply, by virtue of the Holy spirit, the spirit of truth, Who is guiding Jesus’ established church in perpetuity, possess the fullness of faith…possess the skills needed (handed down to them through every century, since the inception of Jesus’ one church) - to accomplish the will of Christ, again, through the power of the Holy spirit, Who will be with Jesus’ church, guiding and teaching her, until the end of time, as per sacred scripture.
As I have said often here at CAF, if the C.C. is not the church built by Jesus, perhaps someone could identify His church, in the world today; He only built one, as per sacred scripture, and again, not to impugn the work of any man-made church.