S
Socrates4Jesus
Guest
Voci:I agree wholeheartedly that God, through the scriptures, could have been completely and utterly clear and unambiguous. But I think we can all agree that this is not the case. We can all agree that the scriptures are not the most clear and unambiguous words ever written in the history of mankind. That leads us to think that perhaps being completely clear and unambiguous in scripture was not one of God’s primary goals. Scripture was never intended primarily as a catechism, as a handbook of faith.
I hear what you are saying, and i shudder! For doesn’tt the Catechism of the Catholic Church rely on the Sacred Scriptures you wholeheartedly agree are so unreliable?
I’m no scholar when it comes to the Sacred Scriptures, either. But i’m no dummy, either. It’s clear to me, at the moment, that if the Bible is a Tower of Babble, than it’s a source of confusion for anyone who relies on it to get himself closer to heaven. That is, it is a source of confusion not just for Protestants, but for the Church Fathers, and the Catholic Church, as well! Perhaps the Muslims were correct in saying that the Apostles have mislead the Christian world? Perhaps the Nazis of the 20th century were correct to call it the Book of Lies?Myself, I think it is deliberate on God’s part. I think it is a replaying of the Tower of Babel. God is condemning to confusion those who in their pride think that they can understand his revelations without the aid of, and submission to, his Church. I am convinced that the enormous array of different beliefs arrived at by “bible-believing” Christians throughout the centuries is a result of the prideful error of seeking to know God while rejecting his visible, authoritative Church.
I’m no expert in this question, but it seems to me that non-Catholic Christianity is vastly more fragmented than any other large religion. Is this just coincidence, or is it the result of divine action?
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)