M
michaelsmth626
Guest
PC:
But consider the definition of the word:ambiguity
am·bi·gu·i·ty àmbi gy ətee ] (plural am·bi·gu·i·ties)
noun
Definition:
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/asshat-22713.jpg
- doubt about meaning: a situation in which something can be understood in more than one way and it is not clear which meaning is intended
- statement with more than one meaning: an expression or statement that has more than one meaning
I would like to point to a classic example.
Their is no punctuation in Greek until at least the 2nd century.
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
OR place the comma after today
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you today, you will be with Me in Paradise.”
Did Jesus and the Thief go to heaven that day or was the statement made that day.
You be the Judge, I will remind you that Jesus said to Mary, don’t "hang all over Me " I have not yet ascended to the Father. Three days after the cross John 20:17. I find it hard myself to believe that Jesus went to Heaven that day and the Father was not waiting for Him at the Gate.
ambiguity can be both intentional and unintentional.
Buy looking at other statement from the same author “the HS” and process of elimination we can make an intelligent decision. But this to depends on your understanding of the other verses and what you believe about them being accurate.
C/P
I heard a story of a farmer and his wife driving down a dirt road in the old pickup truck. The farmer’s wife let out a loud sigh. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “Well,” she said, “I was just thinking that we don’t sit as close together as we used to.” The farmer kept looking down the road and driving in silence. Then, as if a light came on, he said, “Well I’m sittin’ where I’ve always sat.”
I told that story to make a point. The point is that God is immutable, which means, He doesn’t change. In fact, God said in Malachi 3:6, “For I am the LORD, I change not.” Not only is God immutable, but His Word is immutable as well.
God doesn’t change and His Word will not change, so if there is a discrepancy between the church and the Word of God, it is because the church has moved away from the precepts of God’s Word. Jesus said, “Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”