# Was Jesus deliberately ambiguous? #

  • Thread starter Thread starter Socrates4Jesus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This obviously is a private party but seeing as how it is at my favorite corner pub, I’ll interject one thing and leave you fellows be if that is appropriate. Other than Jesus assertion that we are to persevere; there is nothing in scripture that tells us it is even remotely acceptable to go forth and re-establish his church or any other in His name. Perhaps the intentions were well meaning for many of them but if referring to scripture, they were misdirected. God is far from handicapped or limited and has His ways of sifting the corrupt from the Church but has specifically warned us to be aware of such things, they would and will happen. Satan concentrates the most attention where the damage will bare the most fruits, Jesus Bride. A strategy familiar to any effective commander at war. Where else but the Catholic Church?

For what it’s worth (perhaps nothing at all), at an early age, I myself separated from the Church for a period of 25 years because of doubts and disbeliefs in some of her teachings. My life was a worldly one to put it politely with power, authority and means, never tolerant in deception from anyone.
When I was awakened (abruptly) to the life I had chosen I began utilizing (and continue to do so) every bit of my experience, professional contacts and resources as an investigative researcher to search for the Truth in Christianity, historically and through lineage of scriptural teachings from available ancient documents and the writings of the ECFs, archeological discoveries, even researching scholarly sources of all available backgrounds, relevancy of doctorates backward and forward. I had to know which Christian path to follow with no reservations against any but still maintaining my judgment against the CC until I learned shamefully of my own ignorance. What I realized was I abandoned the Bride of Christ that He vowed to guide and protect until His return, abandoning He who died so I and all may live. I didn’t give Him the faith and trust that He deserved nor did I give Him the credit that He could and would tend to the corruption that would result from man’s involvement. I insulted Him and hurt him for all He did for me.

So it was not the teachings of the Catholic Church that I adopted, but rather the written word of God and the guidance of the Holy Spirit that lead me to recognize through the lineage of scriptural teachings the truth is the teachings of the Catholic Church. Has there been corruption, absolutely. We knew there would be. Should it be tolerated? no. But some do not have the faith to trust the Head of the Body, Jesus Christ, has never abandoned His bride and by His word has not and will not allow any corrupt to bring her down. No other faith has the protection of the full faith Jesus gifted us with. Anything short of trusting in Him and His protection is saddening. If we remember who Jesus is and what He promised and asked in return, trust and the guidence of the Holy Spirit will lead us.
 
**If the demonic powers deceived the Catholic Church into becoming apostate, then you might as well give up. If Jesus can’t do what he promised then he can’t save you or me. If the CC failed, Jesus failed - period. Soc, did Jesus fail?
**
**Good luck Carl… **

**Good luck fighting it out Soc. At least you admitted that the Catholic church was built by Jesus Christ. If you can just convince your alter ego, Ed, then you are home sweet home. **
Joe, don’t go! You can sit in Carl’s corner, as his virtual boxing coach, so to speak, and give him pointers.

:idea:
 
This obviously is a private party but seeing as how it is at my favorite corner pub, I’ll interject one thing and leave you fellows be if that is appropriate. …
**
Hey, everybody, quiet down for a sec! Tom’s on the phone and i can’t hear a word!

**:okpeople:

Thank you.

OK, Tom, you were saying?
 
Other than Jesus assertion that we are to persevere; there is nothing in scripture that tells us it is even remotely acceptable to go forth and re-establish his church or any other in His name. Perhaps the intentions were well meaning for many of them but if referring to scripture, they were misdirected. God is far from handicapped or limited and has His ways of sifting the corrupt from the Church but has specifically warned us to be aware of such things, they would and will happen. Satan concentrates the most attention where the damage will bare the most fruits, Jesus Bride. A strategy familiar to any effective commander at war. Where else but the Catholic Church?
(Soc nods in agreement, while Ut asks what he’s saying.)

Just a minute, Tom, Ut is dying to know.

Tom says he’s got the fight all figured out. Carl is going to come out swinging with there’s no prophecy in the Bible about God resurrecting His church. It’s a lie from the pit of hell, and it smells like smoke!

OK, Tom, continue.
For what it’s worth, perhaps nothing at all, at an early age, I myself separated from the Church and for a period of 25 years because of doubts or disbeliefs in some of her teachings. My life was a worldly one to put it politely with power, authority and means, never tolerant in deception from anyone. When I was awakened (abruptly) to the life I had chosen I began utilizing (and continue to do so) every bit of my experience, professional contacts and resources as an investigative researcher to search for the Truth in Christianity, historically and through lineage of scriptural teachings from available ancient documents and the writings of the ECFs, archeological discoveries, even researching scholarly sources of all available backgrounds, relevancy of doctorates backward and forward. I had to know which Christian path to follow with no reservations against any but still maintaining my judgment against the CC until I learned shamefully of my own ignorance. What I realized was I abandoned the Bride of Christ that He vowed to guide and protect until His return, abandoning He who died so I and all may live. I didn’t give Him the faith and trust that He deserved nor did I give Him the credit that He could and would tend to the corruption that would result from man’s involvement. I insulted Him and hurt him for all He did for me.
(Soc covers the receiver and whispers.)

He’s telling me his life’s story. Hope he finishes before the commercials do!

😃
So it was not the teachings of the Catholic Church that I adopted, but rather the written word of God and the guidance of the Holy Spirit that lead me to recognize through the lineage of scriptural teachings the truth is the teachings of the Catholic Church. Has there been corruption, absolutely. We knew there would be. Should it be tolerated? no. But some do not have the faith to trust the Head of the Body, Jesus Christ, has never abandoned His bride and by His word has not and will not allow any corrupt to bring her down. No other faith has the protection of the full faith Jesus gifted us with. Anything short of trusting in Him and His protection is saddening.
Tom, i can see you’ve done your homework about this match. I’ll pass the word on to the guys. And hey, there’s a seat left for you next to the TV if you can get away long enough to join us. Thanks for calling!

👍
 
(Soc nods in agreement, while Ut asks what he’s saying.)

Just a minute, Tom, Ut is dying to know.

Tom says he’s got the fight all figured out. Carl is going to come out swinging with there’s no prophecy in the Bible about God resurrecting His church. It’s a lie from the pit of hell, and it smells like smoke!

OK, Tom, continue.

Ahhhhh, there is no need for scripture to assert Jesus would resurrect His church as there would be no need to resurrect what He promised in scripture would not fall and to guide and never abandone her in the first place. Its only occasional maintenance.😉

(Soc covers the receiver and whispers.)

He’s telling me his life’s story. Hope he finishes before the commercials do!

😃

I hope its not the Clydesdales commercials, I love them!🍿

Tom, i can see you’ve done your homework about this match. I’ll pass the word on to the guys. And hey, there’s a seat left for you next to the TV if you can get away long enough to join us. Thanks for calling!

👍
Thanks for the invite, I get a little misty when I have a few…😦
 
(Still on one knee praying the Rosary when the bell rings. Makes the sign of the cross, kisses the Rosary, passes it to his coach, stands and makes his way to the center of the ring.)
 
(Standing with boxing gloves raised to heaven praying in some unknown language. When he hears the bell, he approaches the center of the ring, gloves and head still reaching on high, as he shouts.)

**THANK YOU JESUS!

THANK YOU JESUS!

PRAISE YOUR HOLY NAME! **
 
**THANK YOU JESUS!

THANK YOU FOR THE VICTORY!**

Zachariah 4:6

“‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.”
 
What is Ed doing?

🤷
My actual purpose is to find out whether Christ was ***deliberately ***ambiguous, and if He was, then what purpose would be served by making the New Testament ambiguous by design. Such ambiguity seems counter productive to His purpose, for He prayed:
“Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.”

Guess what? Here’s another point of view for your issue. Had Christ stopped the disciples who refused to accept His proclamation that the bread and Wine was His Body and Blood by comforting them with suggesting He only meant “like” His body and blood, in comparison to those apostles who accepted His word without question, He would have diminished the depth of the trust and faith of the Apostles themselves. The question remains and retains the same significance; does one accept His proclamation as He professed it and accept Him through this means which shows full loyalty or does one make of it what offers the most comfort for acceptance? The more proof one has or verification or understanding one has, the less faith and trust is required.
 
I challenge you, Ed, to show me exactly where, in the Bible, it predicts defeat of the Church by Satan!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top