Washington Times

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sirach14

Guest
I don’t receive much flack on this board about reading the Washington Times as I do on Steve Rays board.
They tell me no Catholic should be reading the Washington times, because it is run by the Moonies.
Did not Karl keating run a Catholic Answeradd in the Washington Times.? Does this make Karl a dupe for the moonies?
 
40.png
Sirach14:
I don’t receive much flack on this board about reading the Washington Times as I do on Steve Rays board.
They tell me no Catholic should be reading the Washington times, because it is run by the Moonies.
Did not Karl keating run a Catholic Answeradd in the Washington Times.? Does this make Karl a dupe for the moonies?
Catholics IMO should be reading everything of interest to them, pro and con. The Times although owned by the Moonies has run some fine stuff and it appears that the church stays pretty much out of the paper’s reporting. I for one, read it quite regularly.
 
40.png
Sirach14:
I don’t receive much flack on this board about reading the Washington Times as I do on Steve Rays board.
They tell me no Catholic should be reading the Washington times, because it is run by the Moonies.
Did not Karl keating run a Catholic Answeradd in the Washington Times.? Does this make Karl a dupe for the moonies?
I find that the Wash Times is charitable to the Catholic Church. What newspaper does Steve Ray read? The NY Times?
 
40.png
Sirach14:
Does this make Karl a dupe for the moonies?
The Moonies and the Moonie Times have a lot of dupes; many are working in Congress. Read what you want, but I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable putting money into the “Reverand’s” coffers.
 
40.png
Thekla:
The Moonies and the Moonie Times have a lot of dupes; many are working in Congress. Read what you want, but I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable putting money into the “Reverand’s” coffers.
ahhh… 😃 I do see a sense of humor…Thekla 😃
 
40.png
SHEMP:
I find that the Wash Times is charitable to the Catholic Church. What newspaper does Steve Ray read? The NY Times?
Steve did not comment. it is the people on his board that are against the paper.
You will find a rather long post chastizing me for reading the WT on Steve Ray’s board.
 
40.png
SHEMP:
What newspaper does Steve Ray read? The NY Times?
I believe Steve keeps a hands-off approach to his forums. I.e., he does not endorse the opinions found on hs forums (but that is just my opinion far far (Very Far) removed from his activities.) 🙂

The essential point though: does reading the WT or running an ad therein constitute support for Rev. Moon’s church? I’d say no, no more than does reading Christianity Today constitute support for Protestantism. In both cases, a relatively benign product is being purchased.That’s all. In fact, the WT is more removed from Moon’s church than CT is from Protestantism.
 
40.png
Sirach14:
I don’t receive much flack on this board about reading the Washington Times as I do on Steve Rays board.
They tell me no Catholic should be reading the Washington times, because it is run by the Moonies.
Did not Karl keating run a Catholic Answeradd in the Washington Times.? Does this make Karl a dupe for the moonies?
The Moonies claim not to influence the newsroom of the Times. The people in the newsroom of the Times agree with the Moonies that they are not influenced. From what I can tell, it is true.
 
I subscribe to the weekly edition of The Washington Times. Overall, a very good newspaper. It not as liberal, by any means, as the Washington Post and the New York Times, and is a bit fairer in reporting.

I get Christianity Today, as well. I even read America, but that doesn’t mean I support its heterodox views at times. It’s important to know what the other side is doing and thinking.
 
40.png
gilliam:
The Moonies claim not to influence the newsroom of the Times. The people in the newsroom of the Times agree with the Moonies that they are not influenced. From what I can tell, it is true.
Je comprends…but it is still owned by a cult or cult leader therefore suspect. I don’t know .
 
40.png
aimee:
Je comprends…but it is still owned by a cult or cult leader therefore suspect. I don’t know .
Any more suspect than the Washington Post?

Or the Christian Science Monitor? 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top