We Have to Remember That the Catholic Magisterium is Binding on all Catholics

• Thread starter Thread starter BlessedSacraments
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlessedSacraments

Opinions which contradict the Catholic Magesterium are not binding on anyone, no matter who says it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m completely disappointed in the recent news. Honestly it’s so inappropriate and undermines the dignity of that position in the Church.

And what is this recent news?
No need to beat around the bush guys.

The Pope fully endorsed Same Sex Civil Unions

Last edited:
Was that recent papal opinion Ex Cathedra? No. Was that recent papal opinion in line with the tradition of the Church so far? No. Was that recent papal opinion in line with the teaching of the Church so far? No. Was that recent papal opinion delivered with an Imprimatur? No. Therefore, it is NOT binding. Period. Everything else is a dodge. Beware the millstone reward for misleading the little ones, for that millstone is VERY heavy. JESUS IS LORD.

Last edited:
In my opinion it’s such an extreme disappointment. He was elected to lead the Magisterium and he went rogue

Thanks for the prayers, but I’m baffled as to how someone who is a member of arguably one of the most gay-friendly churches out there is more bothered by what the Pope allegedly said than I am.

My whole mindset is that “if you’re part of a club, you play by the rules” (which is why I left to a more relaxed denomination) it goes against the rules to endorse civil unions

Was that recent papal opinion Ex Cathedra? No. Was that recent papal opinion in line with the tradition of the Church so far? No. Was that recent papal opinion in line with the teaching of the Church so far? No. Was that recent papal opinion delivered with an Imprimatur? No. Therefore, it is NOT binding. Period. Everything else is a dodge. Beware the millstone reward for misleading the little ones, for that millstone is VERY heavy. JESUS IS LORD.
The fact is, if the pope truly believes this, then he has a personal belief contrary to church doctrine, which, by canonical definition, makes him a heretic. Granted, there are numerous levels that could be, material, formal, manifest, etc. If this is only a personal opinion, I’m not sure which level it is, but it saddens me to know we have a heretical pope. If he doesn’t truly believe it, he needs to come out and clarify his position.

Last edited:
The fact is, if the pope truly believes this, then he has a personal belief contrary to church doctrine, which, by canonical definition, makes him a heretic. Granted, there are numerous levels that could be, material, formal, manifest, etc. If this is only a personal opinion, I’m not sure which level it is, but it saddens me to know we have a heretical pope. If he doesn’t truly believe it, he needs to come out and clarify his position.
Unless a person is inclined to truly adopt the pastoral nature of Jesus so evident throughout the Gospels, they won’t understand the loving approach of Pope Francis. He is not contradicting Church teaching on sexual morality. He is showing us how to walk along side sinners as Jesus did. There’ve been loads of Saints who did the same thing. Critics of Mother St Teresa used to accuse her of the same supposed ‘heresy’ of ministering to heathens without condemning their sins and unbelief. But our favorite Saint of the power of osmosis is Saint Francis himself. God, Make Us Channels of Your Peace bringing love where there is hatred. Pardon where there is injury. Faith were there is doubt. Hope were there is despair. Light were there is darkness. Joy were there is sadness.

The millstone is for those who are bent of bringing doubt, hatred, despair and injury. That is definitely not Pope Francis.

He is not contradicting Church teaching on sexual morality.
how do we know that if he hasn’t clarified what the statement meant?

especially when he has changed things like the death penalty in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back