5
5Loaves
Guest
You say soon to be groom. Have you been talking about this with you priest or deacon or whomever is doing your pre Cana prep with you? I hope so. They have a lot of experience with the trials and tribulations of wedding plans and family problems.I hope this is the appropriate spot to be. It seems fitting for my problem since it concerns my family and my hopefully soon-to-be grooms family.
I really don’t want to have it (with a priest there) at my old Baptist Church because they know we are Catholic and what it means to be married in the Church. It wouldn’t feel right to do that at all, and it would be awkward. Are there other options? Is having two weddings weird? Any advice would be soooo welcomed.
Even though canon law does allow in some circumstances with proper permission etc. for a Catholic wedding to take place in “another suitable place” including in a Protestant church you clearly want it to be in a Catholic church where the Real Presence is there. I hope you can get help from your pastor or deacon etc in helping your families have a better understanding. The wedding is only the start of the need for that for the health of your marriage.
Prayers for you.