Weirdest thing to ever happen to you

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luvz2travel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luvz2travel

Guest
Just thought we needed to lighten things up.

While on vacation I had an elderly lady on a bus try to draft me into the “Take back Chicago” Movement and the same day another lady at the park with no teeth and dressed in a Sari asked me politely for my camera.
 
I once had a group of people approach me about signing a petition protesting the U.S. military while I was IN uniform.
 
I once had a group of people approach me about signing a petition protesting the U.S. military while I was IN uniform.
LOL! Oh my… :eek:

I am sorry that happened…the military deserves our respect! They certainly have mine.
 
Years ago I was working in a major tire store. The store had a giant car tire hanging outside the front of it. The inside of the store had tires all over the wall and on the floor. While I was literally sitting on a pile of tires a customer walked into the store and up to me and asked, “do you sell tires?” :eek:: Okay, not the “weirdest” but the stupidest.:takeoff:
 
I once “dated” a guy who ended up being a pathological liar/scam artist/complete psycho.

Yeeahhhh, there were plenty of extremely bizarre experiences tied in to that whole thing.
 
I could probably start my own thread on this, whether it was being hit by lightning, receiving death threats, having an online friend turn into a stalker, etc. One pretty mild thing was the year I had a doppelganger. It was back in college and as I was walking to my car one day, someone came up and called me by name. I turned and saw a completely unfamiliar face. They talked to me for a few minutes about the party last weekend and I finally had to ask them who they were and what they were talking about. It took some convincing before they finally realized I wasn’t the Gordon they were looking for. Once would have been odd enough, but the same thing happened repeatedly throughout the entire school year. It happened frequently enough that I eventually started taking it in stride and would pretend to be the other guy just so I wouldn’t have to argue with the person when I said that I wasn’t.
 
When I was younger my good friend and I were once walking by a big tree in our neighborhood. It’s an evergreen, and the community uses it as a Christmas tree in winter, but leaves the lights on it year round since the tree is so large. I had a stick in my hand, and lightly touched one of the hanging lights with it. It burst into pieces. Not cracked, not shattered, but veritably exploded. :confused:
 
Not the weirdest, but short enough to share 🙂

I was at an attraction with my (then) boyfriend and asked a man sitting in front to take a picture for us. He looked confused, but said okay, and took my camera. He then took a picture OF HIMSELF before handing it back to me, lol. Lesson learned: always specify. 😃
 
Not the weirdest, but short enough to share 🙂

I was at an attraction with my (then) boyfriend and asked a man sitting in front to take a picture for us. He looked confused, but said okay, and took my camera. He then took a picture OF HIMSELF before handing it back to me, lol. Lesson learned: always specify. 😃
LOL! Awesome…😛
 
There was one time a friend and I were at a McAlister’s, and I was helping him study for one of his Latin tests. Out of nowhere, a lady came over and asked us to:
Please stop speaking Spanish. You’re scaring my children
And then, one of her children asked (rather loudly):
Why is that boy wearing a weird hat?
My friend was Jewish, and wore a kippah everywhere. Haha…
 
Years ago I was working in a major tire store. The store had a giant car tire hanging outside the front of it. The inside of the store had tires all over the wall and on the floor. While I was literally sitting on a pile of tires a customer walked into the store and up to me and asked, “do you sell tires?” :eek:: Okay, not the “weirdest” but the stupidest.:takeoff:
That’s when you look at him and say “nope, how’d you get that idea?” and grin. 😃
 
Not the weirdest, but short enough to share 🙂

I was at an attraction with my (then) boyfriend and asked a man sitting in front to take a picture for us. He looked confused, but said okay, and took my camera. He then took a picture OF HIMSELF before handing it back to me, lol. Lesson learned: always specify. 😃
LOL. I have to try that next time some one asks me to take their picture!! 😃
 
I don’t remember this, but my parents tell me that, once, when I was a child, there was a rather large storm in our area and, as I have a very large window, two spheres of “ball lightning” entered my room! :eek:

Apparently I was rather amused at their appearance.
 
I use to get a wrong number from a women trying to reach her grandmother. After while, we started talking before she hung up and called her grandmother again. I lived in a small community and eventually we met. By that time she had stopped calling me. When I asked what happened she told me her grandmother had died :(and she didn’t know my number to call me. It wasn’t a case of mis-dialing. The numbers were no way similar.
 
My friend’s father is a very imposing man, a sort of epitome of the ‘strong and silent type’. We were walking through a parking lot one day, and a car that was parked on the row we were walking in began to sound its alarm. My friend’s father turns to it, and holds his fingers like it’s a gun (like little kids do when they play cops & robbers). He pretends to shoot at the car, and the alarm immediately stops. Blows on his finger and keeps walking.
 
Something I still cannot explain to this day:

A number of years back (about 6-8 years, when I was in early high school), I was sitting in my bed getting ready to go to sleep. I lay down and pull the covers up, then go to turn off my nightstand light when I noticed something moving up by the ceiling. I thought it might be a fly or some kind of spider. I looked up at it and watched as it slowly came down, a white feather about 3-5 inches long, floated down from the ceiling. I caught it, and inspected it carefully, and looked up at the ceiling again confused as to where it came from because I did not have any feather bedding, and I’m almost sure that no one in my house did. I gave a little laugh, placed it on my night stand so I could check it out more in the morning. Turned off the light and went to sleep. In the morning it was gone and nowhere to be found. I checked on the floor, in my bed, even checked the ceiling again, but could not find it.

Then, almost exactly a year later, a similar experience occurred, except with a blue feather instead of white. And again, in the morning, it was gone.

Hasn’t happened since.
 
I has a seasonal job a Macy’s once and a lady came in, clearly very cranky and flustered. She told me she was looking for a gift for her son’s wedding which was in two days. (In the women’s apparal section no less!) The store was to close within an hour, so I asked her had her son registered at Macy’s. She didn’t know. 🤷 She couldn’t remember his phone number to ask him and she really didn’t want to go all the way upstairs to the bridal registry department just to be told he hadn’t registered there. So, I offered the only thing I could think of, a Macy’s giftcard. She tells me that her son lives out of town and doesn’t get to visit very often. I explain that there are Macy’s stores all over the country as well as Macys.com. She says she didn’t know if her son had the right kind of computer to get on that internet thing and she didn’t think they had Macy’s where he lived. I want to ask her if this was a son she’d given up at birth but instead I ask her where her son lives. I’ll look it up in the directory to see if there is a store nearby. She tells me he lives in New York City. :banghead:
 
My friend’s father is a very imposing man, a sort of epitome of the ‘strong and silent type’. We were walking through a parking lot one day, and a car that was parked on the row we were walking in began to sound its alarm. My friend’s father turns to it, and holds his fingers like it’s a gun (like little kids do when they play cops & robbers). He pretends to shoot at the car, and the alarm immediately stops. Blows on his finger and keeps walking.
Awesome!!
 
After my father died I was totally distraught. I asked him for a sign that he was ok, without popping up into any mirrors and scaring the heck out of me.

So, in the months after his death I had made a little shrine kind of thing, with a bunch of religious candles lined up at the back of this table, surrounding his picture.

I also had a small poster of the history of our surname and family crest in the bookcase next to the table…and it was between 2 heavy books.

One morning I woke up and the poster was on the floor in front of the shrine table. And one of the religious candles was pushed all the way forward…to the front of the table. While the others were still lined up at the back .

My cat could have been extremely bored in the middle of the night and done it. Or, it could have been my sign. I am still not positive, but it was definitely strange.
 
After my father died, we were gathered at my sister’s house. She had bought a vase to give to her mother-in-law who was sick. She had set the vase in the middle of the room on a coffee table. For no reason that we could ascertain, the vase broke into pieces. My sister thought it might be our Dad who was upset that the attention was not on him. I doubt that. My dad was not the sort who craved attention. It was strange though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top