Weirdest thing to ever happen to you

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luvz2travel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I still cannot explain to this day:

A number of years back (about 6-8 years, when I was in early high school), I was sitting in my bed getting ready to go to sleep. I lay down and pull the covers up, then go to turn off my nightstand light when I noticed something moving up by the ceiling. I thought it might be a fly or some kind of spider. I looked up at it and watched as it slowly came down, a white feather about 3-5 inches long, floated down from the ceiling. I caught it, and inspected it carefully, and looked up at the ceiling again confused as to where it came from because I did not have any feather bedding, and I’m almost sure that no one in my house did. I gave a little laugh, placed it on my night stand so I could check it out more in the morning. Turned off the light and went to sleep. In the morning it was gone and nowhere to be found. I checked on the floor, in my bed, even checked the ceiling again, but could not find it.

Then, almost exactly a year later, a similar experience occurred, except with a blue feather instead of white. And again, in the morning, it was gone.

Hasn’t happened since.
Very cool story! Things like this are just mind boggling.
 
The weirdest thing happened to me. I got baptized in the name of the Mother,Son,and the Holy Ghost and now I know that Our Lady is God,Christ is God,and the Holy Ghost is God just like in the picture that St Lucia described in Tuy Spain.
 
I have experienced a lot of weird things.

When I was in my pre-teens, my sister who worked at a bank gave me a piggy bank of sorts, which is in the form of the bank’s mascot which is a cat wearing the bank’s uniform. One time, I was trying to get something from my bookshelf, and the piggy bank crashed and broke into pieces. It was made of ceramic.

Later, this bank had many problems and went bankrupt. It was very distressing for us, as my parents had deposits there.

We found ourselves talking about the piggy bank incident. It broke and later on, the bank. They thought it was some kind of hint. I don’t know, but it indeed was eerie.

Another distressing thing in connection with this story is that the bank president, because of what happened, committed suicide.
 
The weirdest thing happened to me. I got baptized in the name of the Mother,Son,and the Holy Ghost and now I know that Our Lady is God,Christ is God,and the Holy Ghost is God just like in the picture that St Lucia described in Tuy Spain.
Jesus is God, not Mary. Talk to your local priest about this.
 
The weirdest thing happened to me. I got baptized in the name of the Mother,Son,and the Holy Ghost and now I know that Our Lady is God,Christ is God,and the Holy Ghost is God just like in the picture that St Lucia described in Tuy Spain.
Our Lady is NOT God. You are supposed to be baptized in the name of the FATHER, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I’m sorry if I sound harsh, but what you believe is heresy, and I care about your soul, so please talk to your priest.
 
I have no priest to go to they are all freemasons and I don’t want to serve them in hell
 
I used to work at a major retail store in the fine jewelry section right in front of the beauty section. Sometimes when there was no one scheduled in the beauty section they would have me keep an eye on the beauty section.

One day a black man with a blond wig and makeup came in and started looking at the makeup. A little uncommon to see, but it didn’t bother me. I then notice he was stuffing his pockets with make up. To try to deter his theft I called the manager and let them know what was going on and acted like I was cleaning in his area. (We weren’t allowed to directly confront shop-lifters). He went to the men’s section, so I warned the manager and went back to work.

He came back a second time, and had changed into a long black wig and had an empty grocery bag. He came back to the beauty section and dropping makeup into the bag. I called the manager again and they called the police. He then went back to the men’s section and I hoped the police would come soon.

He came a third time with a curly brown wig with sparkles in it and a second grocery bag. He was filling this bag up and then tried to leave, but was stopped by the cops on the way out. Did he think the wigs would somehow fool me? lol. I will never forget that.
 
When I was in high school, I had a bum ask me to run away with him.

One time I was staying over at a friend’s house and she told me she thought it was haunted. I blew it off as silly, but that night something kept poking me. I told my friend to knock off trying to scare me, but she didn’t answer–she was sound asleep with her hands tucked under her head.
 
After my father died, we were gathered at my sister’s house. She had bought a vase to give to her mother-in-law who was sick. She had set the vase in the middle of the room on a coffee table. For no reason that we could ascertain, the vase broke into pieces. My sister thought it might be our Dad who was upset that the attention was not on him. I doubt that. My dad was not the sort who craved attention. It was strange though.
After the call came from the hospital that my mother had passed away, a strong smell of her perfume permeated the room that was smelled by both myself and her cousin. I still believe it was my mother saying good-bye to us.
 
When I was around 10, we had a neighborhood family that had a little boy who was around 4-5 years old that had terminal cancer. His name was Jacob. My mother who was (and still is) a vey devout catholic and prayed to Saint Therese of Liseuix to help Jacob. She even continued to pray to her on his behalf after he died. A week after he died, our family began to notice that there was a very fragrant and strong smell of roses around our house, but no one had any idea from where it was coming from.

Eventually. My mother discovered the source. A tiny white flower had grown on our ancient and ugly office corn plant that always had gathered dust in the corner of the room. Never in the many years that we had the plant did it ever sprout a flower. My dad was so stunned that he even went to the florist from where he bought it to ask if this was normal. They responded that this was unheard of for that type of corn plant. It never sprouted any more flowers after that, and never has.

I believe, and continue to do so, that this was a miracle from “The little flower” telling us that Jacob was all right.
 
The weirdest or rather most amazing thing that happened to me was about a year ago.
At 3 am one morning I had just dropped off a friend after a late night movie and was getting back home which was approx. 55 kms away. I had taken the road with the Toll since it was a straight road and I could reach faster. I was very tired after the days work and the movie. My eyes were closing and I was very sleepy when driving. I put the A/C on high and the music loud so I wouldn’t fall asleep. But somewhere down the road I did fall asleep on the wheel. This happened when I was driving at 130kms per hour. I suddenly felt two hands over mine on the steering wheel (turning it to the right) and woke up to find I was heading towards the concrete divided (on the left which was the middle of the road). If the car wasn’t moved away I would have smashed the divider and not survived because of the speed I was at.
I still can’t explain who it was that held my hands that day, but I do like to believe it was an Angel since I always say the Psalm 91 when I start out anywhere.

Psalm 91
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
 
I’ve got a couple stories:

Friend C and I were visiting Friend J’s house, of which this was the first time I’d been there. We parked in the driveway but had to walk around through the snow to get to the front door. C was walking in front of me when he suddenly stops and tells me to go first. Wondering why he would do this, I argue with him and demand he tell me why it’s suddenly important I go first. I was wondering if there was something hidden in the snow that was going to jump out at me or something. Eventually I give in and go first. Nothing happened.

C later reveals to me that he was so afraid of J’s dad and what J’s dad would do if he saw “two kids sneaking around his house.” Although J’s dad is imposing-looking, I found this hilarious.

I used to work at a McDonald’s and saw my fair share of weird and/or grumpy customers. One time, a guy comes through and orders two burgers, one plain and the other no ketchup, extra mustard (NKEM for space from here on out). We give him the burgers, he looks them over, and hands back the NKEM saying it was supposed to be plain.

Now mistakes do happen at McD’s but to mess up two plain burgers with a more elaborate sandwich is a bit weird. Nevertheless I send the NKEM back and tell them to make a plain one. I hand the new plain sandwich to the guy. He then hands me the original plain sandwich and tells me this one was supposed to be NKEM.

To this day I don’t know what the problem was. My co-workers and I decided that he must have specifically requested that the plain sandwich be on the left side of the bag and that for whatever reason turning the bag around was unacceptable.
 
When my dad was alive, he used to feed the deer around my parent’s house. He gave them horse feed and put out a salt lick. He liked to take photos of them and the other wildlife. He died in the house in the wee hours of the morning (he had cancer and we knew it was a matter of time).

Minutes after he passed, we called hospice and I think the funeral home. I went to turn on the floodlights so they could find the house. When I turned on the lights, there was a light fog and surrounding the house, were tens upon tens of deer. I couldn’t count them all. Of course, when I turned on the light, they all looked up at the house–it was kind of eery, this large herd of deer, standing in a circle around the house, just in the fog like ghosts, looking at the house where their benefactor just passed away. It’s like they had been there all along. It was a bit awesome and spooky all at the same time. Then they melted back into the woods. I’ll never forget that.
 
When my dad was alive, he used to feed the deer around my parent’s house. He gave them horse feed and put out a salt lick. He liked to take photos of them and the other wildlife. He died in the house in the wee hours of the morning (he had cancer and we knew it was a matter of time).

Minutes after he passed, we called hospice and I think the funeral home. I went to turn on the floodlights so they could find the house. When I turned on the lights, there was a light fog and surrounding the house, were tens upon tens of deer. I couldn’t count them all. Of course, when I turned on the light, they all looked up at the house–it was kind of eery, this large herd of deer, standing in a circle around the house, just in the fog like ghosts, looking at the house where their benefactor just passed away. It’s like they had been there all along. It was a bit awesome and spooky all at the same time. Then they melted back into the woods. I’ll never forget that.
That is just plain awesome! 🙂
 
I love this thread!

I thought of some more…

One time I opened a new box of cereal and poured it into a bowl. A huge black spider fell out with the cereal and into my bowl. I freaked and ended up tipping the bowl over so the spider crawled across the counter til I finally managed to smash it.

My mom used to work in a small town A&W. One day a lady came to the carhop: she was buck naked and her car was full of caged rats! That was back in the early 70’s, I believe.
 
Years ago I went through a time when, if I was reading a book, something would happen in real life which related to the book’s subject matter. For example, when I was reading Bram Stoker’s Dracula, a dead bat was found outside the employees’ entrance of the library where I was working. Then when I was reading a book about true detective stories, the library got broken into and we had the police come in and investigate. Odd coincidences like that kept happening.
 
Mine aren’t too bad, but then I’m young.They’re pretty much all school related. 😃

-At my junior year prom, a black cat crossed our path on Friday the 13th. I had an okay time at the prom, but the girl I went with and I had a serious falling out with each other and we haven’t talked unless necessary since. (Of course, I’m not even slightly superstitious, and this is definitely a case of fitting correlation to causation in retrospect, but whatever).

-I was on a field trip in Washington D.C. and we were basically given free range to wander around the National Mall, which was unbelievable. An apparently homeless went directly up to me and asked me for money. I, of course, had been taught to be very careful around such people in case they end up being dangerous, but my wallet was clearly visible due to a bulge in my pocket. I nervously gave the man five dollars and went on my way. My friends could not stop laughing.

-I asked a girl to my homecoming dance just this year; we had been pretty good friends for about a year. I meant to ask her just as friends. The girl told me she wanted to think about it and turned me down the next day. It wasn’t really too big of a deal and we remained friends.

It got awkward two days later. I was going up to the lunch line and I wanted to skip ahead to buy a 75 cent cookie. I tapped a guy on the shoulder and said, “Excuse me, is it okay if I come in just to buy a cookie?” He turned around and said “Sure,” then stopped. Apparently he saw my name tag and said, “Oh, hey, Marc Anthony!” [not my actual name, but whatever] and shook my hand. I looked at him and said slowly, “I’m sorry but…I don’t know you…?” He said, “Oh I’m the brother of the girl you asked to homecoming!” He was perfectly friendly and cheerful.

I was utterly nonplussed. All I could think of to say was, “Yeah, and she said no…” He just finished shaking my hand and said, “Nice meeting you!” and went back to buying lunch. I bought my cookie, (hey, I have priorities :cool: ), went back to my table, and told my friends the story. They were laughing for weeks. Meanwhile, I never saw that girl’s brother again…
 
-I asked a girl to my homecoming dance just this year; we had been pretty good friends for about a year. I meant to ask her just as friends. The girl told me she wanted to think about it and turned me down the next day. It wasn’t really too big of a deal and we remained friends.

It got awkward two days later. I was going up to the lunch line and I wanted to skip ahead to buy a 75 cent cookie. I tapped a guy on the shoulder and said, “Excuse me, is it okay if I come in just to buy a cookie?” He turned around and said “Sure,” then stopped. Apparently he saw my name tag and said, “Oh, hey, Marc Anthony!” [not my actual name, but whatever] and shook my hand. I looked at him and said slowly, “I’m sorry but…I don’t know you…?” He said, “Oh I’m the brother of the girl you asked to homecoming!” He was perfectly friendly and cheerful.

I was utterly nonplussed. All I could think of to say was, “Yeah, and she said no…” He just finished shaking my hand and said, “Nice meeting you!” and went back to buying lunch. I bought my cookie, (hey, I have priorities :cool: ), went back to my table, and told my friends the story. They were laughing for weeks. Meanwhile, I never saw that girl’s brother again…
Haha! Nice.
 
That would be my dreams. I have dreams like Godzilla attacking the storm cellar at the house I grew up in to making the St Louis Cardinals former shortstop Ozzie Smith cry by yelling at him for breaking my garage door. Sometimes I even wake up laughing because of them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top