What are you thoughts?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeepmeade
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeepmeade

Right after I finished praying the Rosary I got an idea.
Perhaps it is already happening but if not then it should be.

What if there was a website designed towards teenagers and young adults who feel called towards the Priesthood or the life of a Nun? Information about the different orders and stuff like that for people that age to connect. It might be a little easier to help them work through some of the things like what I am working through right now if they were in contact with people their age who are working through the same things.

I am looking for your thoughts and ideas, and I don’t know if this will ever start, I am not web masterly gifted… if it doesn’t have a engine I can’t do much with it.

Thanks in advance for all your thoughts! God Bless!!!

Tyler

thats a really good idea, I haven’t heard of anything like that.

That is a really good idea… I’m trying to use the resources listed in the sticky on here, but I find them hard to find information that I’m looking for from…

I’d like something more straightforward, like here’s the info, here’s something to help discernment, here’s some questions for you to consider, here’s somewhere to ask questions, here’s how to find out more… I dunno… it all seems to complicated to research, I don’t know where to start!

Saoirse

now all we need is a web master and web site to start the process. Start praying :gopray2:

I thought that many orders have their own site to “show their wares” and describe what they offer.

Perhaps the idea of a new website would link to all those “Order” sites.

That was my thought but also have a brief description maybe of each about the things that make them distinct or their primary focus, etc.

It does seem like there is a lot more interest again these days from people this age. It might be a really good thing. What about a myspace or facebook group to foster it?

Myspace and Facebook would make it hard to get the information out. It would be a good way to connect those whom are called but it wouldn’t do well to inform them.

Your diocese Vocation Office should have a website similar to what you’re describing. Have you contacted them to help with your discernment? Do you know your diocesan vocations webite?

Your diocese Vocation Office should have a website similar to what you’re describing. Have you contacted them to help with your discernment? Do you know your diocesan vocations webite?
Yes I know their site, but this would be more for Teens and Young adults specifically who are called or who feel called to gather with others their age to work through their discernment.

Perhaps the most important part for me would be the forum part- talking with other young men and women considering vocations. The information is mostly out there, but not the discussion. And such a forum would need vocations directors as members too.

I think I am going to try and start and build this site.

Does anyone have any idea for a name? URL name and site name?
Any support would be appreciated.
Do you think Catholic Answers would be willing to help out with things?
How do I contact them?

I would be very happy to help. Just PM me. As for CAF, I would hope they would advise etc. but they are all busy, so don’t expect everything.
As for a name, perhaps ‘Seekers’? That is the name of the Vocations meetings in my diocese, so maybe we wouldn’t be able to use it. If you like it, I could ask?

As a teen myself, actully discerning a vocation currently this would be verry helpful. One thing I would suggest too, is try to get ahold of some priests, and see if they would be willing to talk to us/teens online. I’ve found alot of help from a good friend of mine, as well on here, Fr. Leo. Some teens are to scared to take such probelms face to face to a actul priest, talking over the internet helps alot as well cause they don’t know your identity.

Just my 2 cents:cool:

As a teen myself, actully discerning a vocation currently this would be verry helpful. One thing I would suggest too, is try to get ahold of some priests, and see if they would be willing to talk to us/teens online. I’ve found alot of help from a good friend of mine, as well on here, Fr. Leo. Some teens are to scared to take such probelms face to face to a actul priest, talking over the internet helps alot as well cause they don’t know your identity.

I absolutely agree, and for my part know 2 priests who might be interested.

Thank you for the kind words 🙂

I am more than open to trying to answer any questions that people have. I don’t bounce over here a lot to see the discussions, but I am pretty good about answering PM’s or chatting on MSN or AOL when I am not driving around my parish or the diocese. That being said, I probably will not be around much Mon-Wed this week since we have our winter priest gathering for the diocese

Thank you for the kind words 🙂

I am more than open to trying to answer any questions that people have. I don’t bounce over here a lot to see the discussions, but I am pretty good about answering PM’s or chatting on MSN or AOL when I am not driving around my parish or the diocese. That being said, I probably will not be around much Mon-Wed this week since we have our winter priest gathering for the diocese
So perhaps Father, you would be willing to check such a site from time to time and answer questions?

Alright I will get things started for the site as soon as it has a name. I am going to e-mail as many Catholic orders as I can to get information and permission to link to their main sites.

So what should it be called? Its for all of you out there so you guys can choose.

So perhaps Father, you would be willing to check such a site from time to time and answer questions?
If you have forum software that lets me know whenever a new post is posted I would make it part of my routine to check in there. Some things to keep in mind if you are trying to start another website. You will need a domain name for about $$0 and probably will need to pay $20/month to host the name.

You may be able to get the webpage setup with a name that is linked to another domain. (vocation.XYZ.com)

You will need someone to design the website, which I am sure you are capible of doing. You may need forum software if you are going to include a forum

You might check out forum.emems.org. The software that we are using there is free 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back