What book are you reading? #1

  • Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started “Second Glance” by Jodi Picoult. I love her books!

kathy
 
Decided to start on Purgatory Explained by Fr. F.X. Schouppe, SJ. It was written in 1893. Will be reading about 5 chapters a night since each chapter is only a couple pages long .
 
Started “Angels All Over Town”… Then I need to do some serious reading…something to make me think

Kathy
 
Catechism of the Catholic Church
Any science textbook i have(board exams next month)
The Old Man and The Sea(almost a monthly thing)
 
Titus Groan by Mervyn Peake (I am becoming more and more fond of Gothic novels)
 
I am reading Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict.xv1.It is a wonderful book, starting with a marvellous explaination of the Baptism of Jesus, The Temptation of Jesus, Sermon on the Mount, Beatudes, and much, much, more. It shows the great depth of thinking and thelogy of our Pope. Well worth a read!
 
The Eleventh Month, Eleventh Day, Eleventh Hour by Joseph Persico. The most readable history of WWI I’ve read of what may be the most unnecessary war.
 
Just finished ‘The Last Lecture’, just started ‘Martin Chuzzlewit’.
 
I just started " The Plain Reader"…Scott Savage…it is essays on making your life simpler.

Kathy
 
Two at once - ‘City of God’ by St Augustine (brilliant, brilliant, but EXTREMELY long!) and ‘War of the Worlds’ (HG Wells, brilliant in a different way).
 
I’ve got two on the go:

Patricia Cornwell’s “The FRONT”
Russell Wangersky’s “Burning Down the House – Fighting Fires and Losing Myself” (memoir of a former volunteer fireman)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top