What book are you reading? #1

  • Thread starter Thread starter buzzcut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pursued Guy Crouchback of Evelyn Waugh’s Sword of Honor trilogy through his knightly global odyssey and pilgrimage along the ipurgatorial maze of World War II: Catholic everyman in the modernist ordeal. Just ordered Heath’s Picturesque Prison–thank you NPS.
 
Just finished reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyers and have moved on to New Moon, the second book of the quartet. I also just read the second in the Polyglot & Spleen comic book series.
 
I’m reading M.M.Kaye Shadow of the Moon
A great story set in the time of the Great Indian Mutiny of 1857. I highly recommend it it.
i just finished Trade Wind by the same author and I cannot recommend highly enough her most famous work The Far Pavillions.
i’m also still working on The Proper Care And Feeding Of Marriage
by Dr. Laura Schlessinger.
👍
 
Just finished reading the latest chapter of Air Gear. (someone told me comic books counted. 😛 ).
If you love comic books I highly recommend the graphic novels of Will Eisner. They are heartwarming stories of life In New York of the 1930s,40s and beyond.
 
If you love comic books I highly recommend the graphic novels of Will Eisner. They are heartwarming stories of life In New York of the 1930s,40s and beyond.
The Stuff of Thought: Language as a Window into Human Nature by Stephen Pinker
 
The Screwtape Letters by C.S Lewis
I’m reading that now too! Along with Titus Groan, The Children of Hurin, On Blues’s Waters, and The Scarlet Letter. Maybe I’ve too much on my plate.
 
About 2/3 of the way through Purgatory Explained by Fr. F.X. Schouppe, SJ. Excellent book on Purgatory and the souls contained within. If this book does not scare you back to the straight and narrow, nothing would.
 
Finished “The FRONT” and over the weekend read the first three volumes of the “Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants” and started the fourth.
 
I’m reading that now too! Along with Titus Groan, The Children of Hurin, On Blues’s Waters, and The Scarlet Letter. Maybe I’ve too much on my plate.
I actually started it and got through the first few letters, and I did something I don’t usually do and I decided to wait to read it until after I read Mere Christianity.
So I changed to a book I really have wanted to read for a while, “Crime and Punishment” by Fyodor Dostoevsky because “The Brothers Karamazov” is on my top 10 and I love his works.
 
I am reading Entre Nous by Debra Ollivier

A womans guide to finding her inner French Girl 😉
 
I just started “Healing Stones” by Nancy Rue & Stephen Arterburn

Kathy
 
almost done with Confessions by St. Augustine. next, i think i may start on Imitation of Christ since it seems so highly acclaimed… or Dark Knight of the Soul… or Star Wars or something… or perhaps read my first Encyclical by JP2 or B16…
 
I actually started it and got through the first few letters, and I did something I don’t usually do and I decided to wait to read it until after I read Mere Christianity.
So I changed to a book I really have wanted to read for a while, “Crime and Punishment” by Fyodor Dostoevsky because “The Brothers Karamazov” is on my top 10 and I love his works.
I loooooooove Crime and Punishment.😃 I’ve started, but not finished the Brothers Karamazov… I’m going to read it when I don’t have so many other books in my way. For the same reason you’re reading The Brothers Karamazov.
 
Just finished ‘The Last Lecture’, just started ‘Martin Chuzzlewit’.
What did you think of this? My sister read it, and really enjoyed it.

I think it’s on youtube…the entire thing. I still have not decided whether to read it or not.

I bought two books today…One is called ‘The New Yorkers’ it looks adorable…it’s about dogowners who get to know other dogowners, and they fall in love…develop friendships…and they owe it all to their dogs…aw. It is on the NY Times bestseller list, which doesn’t always mean anything, but I read a few pages, and it’s a fun read.

I also bought Farewell to Arms, by Hemingway…sigh. It doesn’t get better than him, if you ask me. I read that book back in high school, but it’s time for a refresher…then my kids are going to read it.

I need to jot down some of the hotter picks in this thread…I’m always a bit lost in Borders…on what’s a good recommendation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top