N
Nikolaite
Guest
I’m not a fan of the .308 caliber, myself, but I don’t see the logic in restricting other people from buying any firearm capable of firing it.Nikolaite:![]()
You mean like these: LoginArmalite rifles are not assault rifles or assault-style weapons.
I would disagree.
Also, to my recollection, no one is using AR-10s to shoot up places…so is it just a red herring?
You seem to be trying to set up a straw man here.Nikolaite:![]()
I fail to see when the type of weapon came into existence is pertinent to the discussion at all. Gatling guns are what, 150 years old, so they must be ok in private hands?You’re railing against firearms designs that were set more than 100 years ago.
My point was directly relatable to your contention that there is something going on currently to drive designers to work on firearm designs now (versus 50 years ago) solely intended for killing people. John Moses Browning (the father of the modern firearm) has been dead for coming up on 100 years soon. Designs have not changed significantly since his death.