What do you picture Heaven to be?

• Thread starter Thread starter kellie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Togethenness! A place were we are in communion with God, angles and all the “other” saints.

A place were the joy is so great that it is imposible to imagine. How can we imagine something better than over happiest moments on eart?. How can we find anything more beutiful, then the wold we know when it is at it’s best?

G.G.

I can’t remember where I heard this, but I heard that Mary said in one of her apparitions that in heaven, not everyone will be equally happy, but each person will be as happy as they are capable of being. This notion kind of bummed me out; it sounded kind of unfair. Then I thought, “So what? I’ll be as happy as I can be! Who cares!!” My personal theory about this (based on things I’ve read and learned) is that your happiness (or glory?) in heaven is relative to your holiness that you achieved here on earth. For example, we all will see God, but not all will gaze upon His face for eternity…that would be reserved for the holiest of saints and angels…Yet, we all would be with Him for eternity, nonetheless…
In a way, to try to imagine heaven is to try to second guess God. I don’t mean that in a bad way…just that what He has in store for those who are worthy is so far beyond our comprehension…we can’t even begin to imagine the pure bliss and ecstacy of being HOME with our Father… yet, in a nutshell, I look forward to being able to embrace Jesus and feel my sould absorb His loving divinity like a sponge…seeing my loved ones that have been there so long…never feeling sorrow, lonliness or regret ever again… Another point is to remember that hell is the complete absence of God. This is a good way to refocus on the goal of heaven, which is to be in union with God.

St. Augustine wrote:

There will true glory be, where no one will be praised by mistake or flattery; true honor will not be refused to the worthy, nor granted to the unworthy; likewise, no one unworthy will pretend to be worthy, where only those who are worthy will be admitted. There true peace will reign, where no one will experience opposition whether from self or others. God Himself will be virtue’s reward; He gives virtue and has promised to give Himself as the best and greatest reward that could exist…“I shall be their God and they will be My people…” This is also the meaning of the Apostle’s words: "So that God may be all in all.: God Himself will be the goal of our desires; we shall contemplate Him without weariness… This gift, this state, this act, like eternal life itself, will assuredly be common to all.

Try reading A Travel Guide to Heaven by Anthony DeStefano… its a quick read but gives you a lot to think about.

Remember when you were a child and had a bad dream? Then you woke up to find your father smiling and gathering you up in a big hug.
Remember the relief and love you felt? Well multiply that to nith power and you still won’t be close.

Heaven will be the full participation in all of creation. Those in heaven will be there when the angles are created. When we pro-create we participate in the creation of children. But in heaven we will create all things with our God. The joy of this will make any creative activity on earth minutiae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back