What does the church teach about referring to transgender people?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Senyorico
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so simple if one looks at intersex conditions. That leaves a lot room for the brain not to match the body. We don’t understand it well enough to say it is a mental illness or how to treat it beyond transitioning.
We know its disordered. There is nothing normal about a man thinking he is a woman and insisting he is treated as a woman or vice versa.
Born a male always a male. Born a female always a female.
 
And? People with gender dysphoria can transition to ease the dysphoria and live full, productive lives.

I believe if they were supported in transitioning socially many would feel less of a need for surgery or hormones.
 
And? People with gender dysphoria can transition to ease the dysphoria and live full, productive lives.

I believe if they were supported in transitioning socially many would feel less of a need for surgery or hormones.
There should be no transitioning at all. Help should be given to understand that they are what they were born.
 
Not so simple if one looks at intersex conditions. That leaves a lot room for the brain not to match the body. We don’t understand it well enough to say it is a mental illness or how to treat it beyond transitioning.
I’ve seen reports that 98% of boys who are gender confused, if nothing is done, will eventually be satisfied with being male. And similarly for girls, 87% will be happy being girls.

The push right now is to immediately take children as young as 7 years old and transition them before they have a chance to change their minds. And after transition, approx. 40% attempt suicide.

And many localities are making it illegal to even offer to help this mental condition with mental therapy. Why the rush to do it? WHO is behind this?[Rhetorical question]. If the agenda is to mock God then this is about as bad as it can get.

God help us all. Our society and our civilization is collapsing in a tsunami of “unholy craziness.”
 
Last edited:
What help? The help that makes gay people straight? It was horribly abusive and all it did was make most feel asexual.
 
And after transition, approx. 40% attempt suicide.
That’s before they transition. The study cited most often was misinterpreted and the error repeated.

[Williams: Before I contacted you for this interview, were you aware of the way your work was being misrepresented?

Dhejne: Yes! It’s very frustrating! I’ve even seen professors use my work to support ridiculous claims. I’ve often had to respond myself by commenting on articles, speaking with journalists, and talking about this problem at conferences](Fact check: study shows transition makes trans people suicidal – TransAdvocate)
 
Well that’s good. They should feel welcomed. It’s not their fault that they were born with a particular immutable genetic makeup. That can’t be changed That’s much different than deluded people thinking they are someone they aren’t. The deluded should also be welcomed but also helped to overcome their delusions. We all shouldn’t be forced to deny reality because of activists with an agenda to push.
 
Mental retardation, Down’s, Fragilex - all genetic mutations (called “variances” now by the way). “Screwups” all. And so loved by their parents, families, friends, and most of all Jesus. Thank God for “screwups”.
 
And the intersex community feels a sense of belonging in the church and society.
The Church welcomes all, and loves them. Love the sinner but hate the sin.
Everybody has their own cross to bear, and some are much worse than others. Many of these crosses seem to be beyond the control of the person. Sometimes that means that God wants us to bear the cross longer, perhaps forever.
If you want prayers, the Church can do that.
If you want compassion, the Church can do that.
If you want therapy, the Church(es) can do that (unless it has become illegal).
If “feeling a sense of belonging” requires that the Church supports and endorses ones sins, then I suspect that you won’t get very far with that.

Maybe this is worth looking into:

 
Because many have regretted it and because it goes against reality, common sense and our God given identity. I’m not really interested in what psychologists or others who push for it have to say. It’s like in court cases where so called experts in human behavior can be found to support opposing theories. It’s all snake oil salesmen and smoke and mirrors. Anyone can be found to support anything. Again I’ll side with reality, common sense and our God given identity.
 
Last edited:
The Church welcomes all, and loves them. Love the sinner but hate the sin.
And what sin are intersex persons committing?
Sometimes that means that God wants us to bear the cross longer, perhaps forever.
There is little about about the church that is attractive to people who are trans. Read what you and others wrote about them on this thread and others. Why would they turn to the Catholic God? They are real people who read internet forums and stumble upon threads describing them as sinners and mentally ill for dealing with their dysphoria the best way they know how.
If you want therapy, the Church(es) can do that
What therapy is effective for gende dysphoria? Are you aware of the “success” rate of conversion therapy for people who are SSA? And how harmful it was to the peopl ed who went through it? How it harmed the parent-child relationship because they had to find fault with their parents or the relationship as the root of their ssa?
Since that was implemented with a faulty understanding of SSA I dont have confidence that anyone has a clue how to help people who are trans.
 
Because many have regretted it and because it goes against reality, common sense and our God given identity. I’m not really interested in what psychologists or others
You don’t know what you are talking about. You don’t even understand dysphoria. You think that people with gender dysphoria think they are a different gender. The majority of people who have surgery don’t regret it and most trans people don’t opt for surgery and when they do it’s mainly facial feminization surgery or top surgery, but still a minority.
 
If you are such an expert what is your point? My point is related to the thread topic about using pronouns. You can insult people and use all your fancy terms. My point is I will not go along with calling someone a pronoun different from their biological sex. I base this on reality, common sense and God given identity. All your insults and pseudo intellectual rubbish isn’t going to change my mind.
 
What insult? I started a fact. You don’t know what you are talking about on this subject. Your assertions betray that. My terms aren’t fancy, they are the terms used by the medical and/or the trans community. I know this because I read about trans and LGBT issues and I watch videos because I thinks it’s important; I think the trans community is important so I invest time in understanding their concerns. I’m not going to apologize for being a bit more fluent in speaking about trans persons and their lives.
 
All your insults and pseudo intellectual rubbish isn’t going to change my mind.
I’m not trying to. I’m not only speaking to you but to lurkers, especially LGBTQ lurkers who are looking for hope.
 
You can split hairs all you want over terms and act like you are God’s gift to us on the subject and act more compassionate and understanding but you still haven’t addressed the thread topic concerning pronouns. One issue being why should I call anyone a different pronoun other than the one based on their biology?
 
Last edited:
The pronoun issue is extremely oppressive. They want to control not just how you speak to them, which is not their call, but how you refer to them when talking to other people, which is really beyond the pale.
 
Last edited:
Because it helps mitigate the dysphoria. The dysphoria that can lead to depression, anxiety, and suicide.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top