E
Epistemes
Guest
I refuse to believe any woman is “out of my league,” but this doesn’t mean I’m not intimdated by some women who I find beautiful or more successful. But this also doesn’t mean I won’t talk to beautiful or successful women: whether or not that conversation ever ventures further than conversation though is another question, but I don’t know that it has anything to due with “leagues.” Or does it?
What is “my league”? Does it mean that I have the ability to ask a certain woman on a date without apprehension? Does it mean that I feel a certain dominance and control of the situation? Does it mean that I can be the breadwinner?
Having a league seems hierarchical, and when, at base, she is just a woman just as I am a man, and the only thing which might disqualify any relationship ought to be our compability, there oughtn’t to be anything hierarchical about sexuality - but this isn’t so, is it?
Men and women in positions of greater prestige enjoy be chased after, don’t they? It’s a power play. “If you really want me, come and get me, but you’ve got to try harder than that - you’ve got competition!” What nonsense! If you’re interested, then what’s with the games?
Maybe the only league is one of meaningless self-comparison.
What is “my league”? Does it mean that I have the ability to ask a certain woman on a date without apprehension? Does it mean that I feel a certain dominance and control of the situation? Does it mean that I can be the breadwinner?
Having a league seems hierarchical, and when, at base, she is just a woman just as I am a man, and the only thing which might disqualify any relationship ought to be our compability, there oughtn’t to be anything hierarchical about sexuality - but this isn’t so, is it?
Men and women in positions of greater prestige enjoy be chased after, don’t they? It’s a power play. “If you really want me, come and get me, but you’ve got to try harder than that - you’ve got competition!” What nonsense! If you’re interested, then what’s with the games?
Maybe the only league is one of meaningless self-comparison.