What is Receiving Holy Communion Like?

  • Thread starter Thread starter theidler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful there friend. I understand what the Eucharist is… and it wasn’t a profound experience for me. It just wasn’t. ):

Honestly Confession touches me more deeply and profoundly then the Eucharist but this is something I’m working through.
Confession is awesome! 😃
 
Careful there friend. I understand what the Eucharist is… and it wasn’t a profound experience for me. It just wasn’t. ):

Honestly Confession touches me more deeply and profoundly then the Eucharist but this is something I’m working through.
Peace Nicky, I wasn’t trying to attack you or make you feel bad by saying that. Forgive me my over-enthusiasm as a convert. 😊
 
I receive OTT and standing (I can’t get up without holding onto something and in our church we take Communion away from anything to hold onto - but since noone in our church receives kneeling, I don’t know if I’d be brave enough to kneel anyway).
I can’t compare Communion to anything else since there is nothing that’s like it, but I have felt graced enough to feel strength and awe - as an emotion, that is.
 
Hi all,
I am being baptized this year during the Easter Vigil, and am trying to prepare myself for Holy Communion. What is it like??? I am so excited about it that I get little shots of adrenaline through my chest.
Also, I put up a poll on receiving communion, just to see what people prefer I suppose.
Not sure how to describe it but it’s wonderful, it’s union with Christ, you know that He is in you… it’s really beautiful if you receive with faith and love and trust in Him. And of course, only in a state of grace.

I prefer to receive Communion on the tongue and kneeling… if you ever get the chance to go to a Latin Mass (one that’s in communion with Rome, like FSSP or diocesan or Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest) - there people receive kneeling at an altar rail, and it’s very reverent and beautiful. At the Ordinary form, I have received standing but also I prefer to receive Communion on the tongue, and from the priest.

I highly recommend - on the tongue - it’s more reverent and the “normal” way to receive in the Church.

God bless! 🙂
 
With what joy do I read this post - my parish is trying to get communion rails back. I still to this day have not the faintest idea why on Earth it changed. If I am allowed, I will do so kneeling and on the tongue as well.
I read that Communion in the hand (along with not having altar rails) was not originally introduced by Vatican II or Rome… it’s a special permission (indult) that became popular. This is true for some other indults as well. Many are trying to make the traditional way more popular again, because of its reverence. The “normal” way is still on the tongue, and I hope the altar rails would be brought back eventually 🙂
 
It’s just weird for some of us who haven’t had such experiences. But it’s a nice thing to hear!
I have had some phenomenal experiences of the Lord. Sometimes my friend says" Why haven’t I had anything like that happen to me?" I respond to her “Maybe because I’m a little more hard headed and need it.”

“You believe because you have seen. Blest are those who have not seen but still believe”
I think the Lord might substitute easily “have seen” for "have had a profound experience
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top