what is the REAL reason why protestants reject mary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 6glargento
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is NOT true. As a former Evangelical, I can tell you that Christ is spoken of more in the Catholic Church than any other Church I’ve attended. He is NEVER pushed to the rear. If you don’t believe me, come to a Catholic mass next Sunday. You will see first hand the importance we place on our Savior Jesus Christ.
Very true. In the liturgy, Mary is only named once and that’s in the Nicene Creed. Christ is mentioned throughout the ENTIRE thing multiple times. 🙂
 
Speaking as a Protestant, I can tell you that in my case, I don’t reject Mary at all. I don’t venerate her as Roman Catholics do and I prefer to go directly to my Lord and Saviour without any go-betweens. And that’s perfectly acceptable Christian practice.
Is this the opinion of most Protestants? The Protestants that I’ve met seem to share this viewpoint, as Mary is referenced in scripture many times and a few times by Christ Himself.
 
to reiterate:
“if Mary’s good enough for Jesus, then she’s good enough for me”

Remember when Jesus was 13?
Remember when Jesus was at Canna?

He listened and followed Mary’s will.

Tak
 
Was this thread merged? Why do I see “Settle Down People” on half the posts here and not REAL reason… ?:confused:
 
🙂

I don’t think, in respect, that you truly understand the history of Christendom…All Christians were Catholic Christians until the 16th century. The Bible was compiled before then, ergo: The Catholic Church gave us all the Bible!! Praise God for His provision!! Every time you take out your Bible, give thanks for all those many, many Catholics of yesteryear who worked through the night by the flickering light of a bit of burning oil, straining their eyes to the point of blindness, so that you & I might have the Bible…
And a Bible that was compiled under the watchful eye of those who loved & served God, not any random bunch of folks either…True believers in our Lord! What a blessing each & every one of them was. How great their:getholy: reward must be in Heaven!!!

God bless.
Whatever you want, or are told, to believe. I can’t share those beliefs.

bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm
 
Whatever you want, or are told, to believe. I can’t share those beliefs.

bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm
Wow. What a reliable source. One that contends that the Church in the 300s wasn’t the Catholic Church because it might not have had a crucifix. Protestant logic is astounding sometimes. :rolleyes:

I suggest you read a good history book. Any high school student (who pays attention in history class) should be able to tell you that the only Church that existed (and wasn’t heretical) before the reformation was the Catholic Church. And they should be able to tell you that protestants changed the Bible, not Catholics. I remember that from 10th grade.
 
Hey, whatever you want to believe. It’s a given that anything or anyone or any site that doesn’t agree with the CC is going to be considered not valid or whatever. I’ve been talking with Catholics for quite some time on the net and I’m familiar with the standard responses. So why I’m still here, I don’t know.
 
Wow. What a reliable source. One that contends that the Church in the 300s wasn’t the Catholic Church because it might not have had a crucifix. Protestant logic is astounding sometimes. :rolleyes:

I suggest you read a good history book. Any high school student (who pays attention in history class) should be able to tell you that the only Church that existed (and wasn’t heretical) before the reformation was the Catholic Church. And they should be able to tell you that protestants changed the Bible, not Catholics. I remember that from 10th grade.
CLICK ON THE “WHO WE ARE”!!!:rotfl:

They are the Church that the Bible speaks of? Come on.:rolleyes:
 
:hmmm: Indeed. Why are you?:rolleyes:

ITs not like you will get 56 different responses from Catholics! I bet I can outside of the Catholic Church on any topic.
40.png
ALLFORHIM:
Hi,
Probably not as many as you think;)
You are right, I did forget a few on that list!

Maybe 60.

To vote or not to vote?
To be allowed into the military or not?
To be allowed to be a politician or not?
To have female priests/pastors or not?
To have a creed or not?
To use buttons or zippers on your clothes or not?
To get an abortion or not? And in what conditions?
To use ABC or not?
To have communion weekly or not?
To have communion at all?
To believe in the Real Presence or not?
To use bread or crackers?
To use wine or grape juice?
To pray with non christians or not?
To use aids to the bible or not?
To Celebrate Christmas in Church or at home?
To have priests or not?
To go door to door or not?
To be restricted to celebrate holidays or not and which ones?
To allow divorce or not?
To baptize infants or not?
To baptize a second time or not?
To handle snakes or not?
To be a member of the Masons or not?
To have punishments handed down or not? (getting kicked out- like an excommunication)
To have a tithe requirement or not?
To attend other faiths services or not? which ones yes and which ones no?And if so can it replace your sunday obligation?
To have a sunday obligation?
Recite the Our Father or not in worship service?
Repetitive prayers ok, or not?
Insence or not?
Candles or not?
Crucifix or Cross?
Baptize dead by proxy or not?
7 Sacraments or 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6? or just one? or none?
speaking in tongues or not?
interfaith marriage ok or not?
marriage outside of the Church ok or not?
fasting yes or no?
almsgiving- required?
evangelize or not?
Only one version of the Bible allowed or several?
Medical treatment or not?
Mary and related questions may be 20 questions right there and not all the same answers.
Personal interpretation of scripture allowed totally?
Is a rejection of the Trinity acceptable or required to believe in to be considered Christian?
I can come up with more… Maybe the number is even higher than I thought:(

Sorry ALL FOR HIM!

And you forgot:

Same sex marriage or not
Pray to saints or not
Wear a scapular or not
Have statues, icons or pictures or not
Have a blood transfusion or not
Have holy water or not
Have holy oil or not
Have anointing of the sick or not
Be a vegetarian or not
Have a home altar or not
Be baptised only in the river or not
Allow pierced ears or earrings on children or not
Actual exorcism in a church or done by any lay person in the Radisson Hotel
Celibacy or not
Have consecrated bread at home or not
Wheat, rice or tofu hosts or not
Miracles and apparitions or not
Holy shrines such as Fatima or not
Heaven is your own planet or not
Pope is infallible or not
Magesterium is infallible or not
Independent bishops or not
Polygamy, bigamy, monogamy or not

😃

ALCOHOL use or NOT?
Smoking oK?
Drug usage? Is it wrong?

Heaven on earth in paradise? or not?
Predestination or not?

Gambling? Or did I already put that one on?
Homeshooling required or no?
Mom can work or no?
Can women preach it? or teach it?
I think there are plenty more I am missing here.

Porn, nude modeling OK? Or not?

Why all the confusion? :rolleyes:
 
Hey, whatever you want to believe. It’s a given that anything or anyone or any site that doesn’t agree with the CC is going to be considered not valid or whatever. I’ve been talking with Catholics for quite some time on the net and I’m familiar with the standard responses. So what I’m still doing hanging around here I surely don’t know.
Because you love us:D
I think we all(Everyone on forums) need to remember that we cant change anyone that is God’s job. I think that is why we get so frustrated because we want people to believe our way. The truth is we need to believe God’s way. The problems we have are not with each other but with seeing God’s truth.😦 That is why we need to pray for each other.👍
 
:hmmm:

Indeed. Why are you?:rolleyes:

ITs not like you will get 56 different responses from Catholics! I bet I can outside of the Catholic Church on any topic.
Hi,
Probably not as many as you think;)
40.png
Damascus:
You are right, I did forget a few on that list!

Maybe 60.
HAHA Hey why dont you do the research. I wouldnt mind knowing myself how many differences there or arent.👍 😉
 
Because you love us:D
I think we all(Everyone on forums) need to remember that we cant change anyone that is God’s job. I think that is why we get so frustrated because we want people to believe our way. The truth is we need to believe God’s way. The problems we have are not with each other but with seeing God’s truth.😦 That is why we need to pray for each other.👍
Unfortunately, there are so many divisions among Christians itself - Does God really want this to happen?
  • It is us who wants to believe the way we want; thus, some of us can’t stand humility, obedience, sacred tradition, etc.
This is why one group got break off from the main one, and hundreds of groups created from this one group.

It is time for praying for union.
 
What an ill-informed remark: >>I’m guessing that when someone ask you to pray for them you tell them no they need to go directly to God<<

When someone asks me to pray for them, I do so immediately and I don’t argue with them about the correctness of their beliefs. I’m touched and pleased that they would feel that I’m the kind of person they can confide in and trust enough to ask for prayer…

…unlike some people in these forums who could fight over a free lunch.
 
Wow. What a reliable source. One that contends that the Church in the 300s wasn’t the Catholic Church because it might not have had a crucifix. Protestant logic is astounding sometimes. :rolleyes:

I suggest you read a good history book. Any high school student (who pays attention in history class) should be able to tell you that the only Church that existed (and wasn’t heretical) before the reformation was the Catholic Church. And they should be able to tell you that protestants changed the Bible, not Catholics. I remember that from 10th grade.
:amen: Preach it, brother!!
I learned that in public high school in the 1960’s from Miss Laura Waldron, one of the nicest Presbyterian Christians you would ever want to meet!!
Hey, whatever you want to believe. It’s a given that anything or anyone or any site that doesn’t agree with the CC is going to be considered not valid or whatever. I’ve been talking with Catholics for quite some time on the net and I’m familiar with the standard responses. So why I’m still here, I don’t know.
You’ve also been talking to a Methodist. I’m here because I enjoy talking to people who love the Lord without shutting their minds off as they enter the door…

And as to that site …:eek:

‹Ý\Ûre7¶}÷WÀ#_e>Ø?9á?¯Ç#u2ŸoÿïßO9èÚ¬2Yµ5¾ÎMO¾}3>~3>èUæcµ=¯ésÍuQšê™d±]–vŸìöÂVoF¯z¯Lf ]Ù¢³Ãë$*li§•zo‹Xýô#׌OÇgÇÃñܨSè¨J®Œz‘LR³§–Ëå—ƒH«ÑÄÖ•ZÎZ ¥ ópÛ-^9xlyª«.å‡{¿éì·ðMùeo1ˆmÅó·=e^¼=úU¾ùÛAï¿vðo:í©_üûgxÿl§§^¼:|{ööŸLåÖ?Ø?ÚüºHfóJ}áåsµ»³óTm¼’Úa¯/Ž_b‹(¬êu6H²©-ºJl¶¿= îoŸƒ´—¸ˆz9:äí’…)ûòW½1Kua:ãUY$½7Ü?y4:confused:

I dinna speak;) Unreformed Esculapius…
 
Whatever you want, or are told, to believe. I can’t share those beliefs.

bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm
Hey I clicked on your link. Here is one of the questions on your site:

“Contained in the pages of the New Testament is a complete record of the first century church. This is the church that Jesus Christ shed his blood for, the Apostles preached about and the early Christians were members of. Wouldn’t you like to learn more about this church that was established in 33 A.D.?”

Well sure- and any history book around covering world history or art history or music history or literature history or any kind of history at all will tell me that the Church in 33 AD was the :eek: Catholic Church. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Now I am not trying to be offensive here but just out of curiosity: do the people in your church go to school or high school or college or read? Have any of them ever studied world history? If so, how do you reconcile what any history book will tell you with what is on your website?
 
What an ill-informed remark: >>I’m guessing that when someone ask you to pray for them you tell them no they need to go directly to God<<
Nay, lassie, dinna fash yourself. You have missed the point entirely…
Read on:
When someone asks me to pray for them, I do so immediately and I don’t argue with them about the correctness of their beliefs. I’m touched and pleased that they would feel that I’m the kind of person they can confide in and trust enough to ask for prayer…
And a great thing that is, to be sure; not having your telephone number handy, however, I ask my friends to pray for me…No need of a phone line; I speak to the Blessed Virgin Mary, to St Teresa of Avila, to St Gertrude of Nivelles. I have every faith, you see, that if even you, an ordinary Christian believer, will stop in the middle of your day to pray for others, how much more then, will Jesus’ own beloved mother stop & pray for me???
…unlike some people in these forums who could fight over a free lunch.
:eek: Now, now…we were asked to be charitable here.:tsktsk: This kind of behaviour does :nope:not become you, :nope:yean. :tsktsk:
 
Was this thread merged? Why do I see “Settle Down People” on half the posts here and not REAL reason… ?:confused:
The thread wasn’t merged. Those are responses to the Mod’s post telling everyone to settle down and post charitably.

As to why n-Cs reject the Blessed Virgin…who knows? There are so many different groups and as with most groups you get different reasons depending on who you talk to.

They also tend to ignore the responses of Catholics when we make good our case from the original languages (while expecting us to cave to them when they do something similar). The Greek for “full of grace” is pretty conclusive IMO, but it is often dismissed out of hand.

One thing that I find both offensive and disturbing is when Catholic sources are dismissed out of hand as unreliable, untruthful, when the fact is that the scholarship on there has been around for millenia. I find the usual “conspiracy theory” a-Cs to be funny (if they weren’t serious) because they make assertions and allegations that have no substantiation and when you challenge them and ask for citations of source for verification, they cannot provide them and just ignore that and act like you’re supposed to as well. I think they must have watched way too much X-files.

Sometimes I decide that some a-Cs are not worth answering for that very reason.

Concerning the Blessed Virgin, I have yet to see a viable case against the properly understood Catholic Marian beliefs, (which also overlaps the Communion of Saints) and most of the things cited on this thread, which I have read through, are just restatements of the same contentions, which is one reason that I haven’t posted on it until now.

My philosophy is that if you can’t state your disagreements with lucidity, respect, and Christian charity then it’s better not to even bother.
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
 
Unfortunately, there are so many divisions among Christians itself - Does God really want this to happen?

-Hi, Obviously I cant speak for God but all He does or allows is for the good. We might not get that because of our finite minds but He is above us and our ways are not His ways.
It is us who wants to believe the way we want; thus, some of us can’t stand humility, obedience, sacred tradition, etc.
AMEN!!😃
 
Hey, whatever you want to believe.
It’s a given that anything or anyone or any site that doesn’t agree with the CC is going to be considered not valid or whatever. I’ve been talking with Catholics for quite some time on the net and I’m familiar with the standard responses. So why I’m still here, I don’t know.Which is exactly what Catholics say to such as you. You try to hold us to a standard that you cannot conform to yourself. Isn’t it true that you take the very same position concerning our sites? The truth is that you have not really examined these things because you’re afraid that you might find it convincing enough to “shake your faith”. I think that’s just lacking in the courage of your convictions. I can read or study anything (regardless of how boring I may find it) that disagrees with Catholic teaching and I have no problems. Every time I overcome one of those errors and misrepresentations it just makes my faith that much stronger…and then I usually find that God led me through that because another brother or sister will post on it and I have the refutation fresh in my mind. Amazing God!

So it’s okay for you to reject Catholic websites out of hand but we have to accept yours as gospel truth when we can sit right here behind the keyboard and refute every last one of them? C’mon now, that’s silly.

If you Protestants/non-Catholics/anti-Catholics/(whatever) haven’t brought the Catholic faith crashing down in the 500 years of your apologetics then I’d say that your case is not nearly as convincing as you believe it to be. That is precisely why I am Catholic and involved in apologetics. It was my research into the a-C allegations about the Blessed Virgin that I knew were bunk, (“You Catholics worship Mary.”) that got me digging into Catholic teaching and brought me back to the faith.
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top