what is the REAL reason why protestants reject mary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 6glargento
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is through the intercession of the Holy Mother that the true Apostolic Church can be seen, proven and recognised. Because the true disciples of Jesus, us (Roman Catholic, Orthodox Catholic and Byzantine Catholic) are also disciples of Mary in the tradition of our ancestors- John, Peter, Paul, Ignatius, Cyprian etc…
I agree with accepting Mary as the Blessed Virgin and the Mother of God but what you just said seems to be over-reaching a bit. Maybe I’m wrong though.
 
I think Muslims may have a better shot since at least they dont belittle Mary.

What a dissapointment to JESUS CHRIST that MUSLIMS respect HIS MOM more than some christians.
Well here is a thought. See my post above for who are the true disciples of Christ? those who are also disciples of Mary.
May God spare the poor Muslim from the wrath of the protestants. Can you believe we must say that?
 
What things did the song mention that she can not do? Did you listen to it?
Did you see the words at the end? :confused:
Yes I listened and saw the words at the end but remember where I am coming from;) I do not believe Mary can do any of those things in the song. I believe all of those come only from Jesus Christ.😃
 
you have to accept the Catholic Church to fully accept Mary???

I think this idea is key … and wasn’t picked up on earlier.

i can’t accept anything relating to Mary that is not in the Bible because I do not accept the authority and teachings of the Catholic Church… so everything has to be proven outside of it.

i don’t understand how she can be without sin… but i’ve asked this elsewhere

i feel scared when people pray to her as i have a gut feeling that its somehow wrong to pray to a dead person

the idea of pergutory is important to me as it changes everything… how can she intercede if she’s dead… just dead, pergutory is not an idea i’ve met with til recently

i feel awkward at the idea that it’s almost father, son, holy ghost…and mary taking up the last arm of the cross…and i have seen crosses with four pictures and not three pictures of the trinity…plus one

These are the things I’m struggling with… because i don’t accept the CC authority… I have to base everything on the Bible and it’s just not there… I know its your boring answer 🙂
 
Yes I listened and saw the words at the end but remember where I am coming from;) I do not believe Mary can do any of those things in the song. I believe all of those come only from Jesus Christ.😃
So do I. You are very confused. She is not answering the prayers, she is listening always and giving them to her Son through HIM ALL things are DONE.

You never even cited what she can not do yet. So I cant rebutt you.

Dont make me read your mind, I cant.:confused:
 
you have to accept the Catholic Church to fully accept Mary???

I think this idea is key … and wasn’t picked up on earlier.

i can’t accept anything relating to Mary that is not in the Bible because I do not accept the authority and teachings of the Catholic Church… so everything has to be proven outside of it.

i don’t understand how she can be without sin… but i’ve asked this elsewhere

i feel scared when people pray to her as i have a gut feeling that its somehow wrong to pray to a dead person

the idea of pergutory is important to me as it changes everything… how can she intercede if she’s dead… just dead, pergutory is not an idea i’ve met with til recently

i feel awkward at the idea that it’s almost father, son, holy ghost…and mary taking up the last arm of the cross…and i have seen crosses with four pictures and not three pictures of the trinity…plus one

These are the things I’m struggling with… because i don’t accept the CC authority… I have to base everything on the Bible and it’s just not there… I know its your boring answer 🙂
DEAD PERSON???

Say AGAIN?

What do you think happens to people when they die may I be SO BOLD to ask?
 
I agree with accepting Mary as the Blessed Virgin and the Mother of God but what you just said seems to be over-reaching a bit. Maybe I’m wrong though.
Really :eek:

At least I’m not alone in “overreaching.”

339-397 Ambrose of Milan speaks of Mary as type of the Church

Shall we begin a new list of over reachers?
St. Louis de Montfort
St. Teresa of Avila
St. Ignatius
St. Therese of Lisieux
Justin Martyr
St. Simon Stock- oh my dear spiritual father whose scapular I claim - you sweet over reacher, you.

John Paul II:
“The Mother of Christ, who stands at the very center of this mystery, is given as mother to every single individual and all mankind.”

Damascus- you may continue. I have to go back to work.
 
Well here is a thought. See my post above for who are the true disciples of Christ? those who are also disciples of Mary.
May God spare the poor Muslim from the wrath of the protestants. Can you believe we must say that?
I am going to Invite MEEDO to this thread so some here can wake up!👍
 
Really :eek:

At least I’m not alone in “overreaching.”
I didn’t say you were. It just seemed, to me, like you were with your previous post. I’m not against Mary, remember that!
40.png
tequilamac:
John Paul II:
“The Mother of Christ, who stands at the very center of this mystery, is given as mother to every single individual and all mankind.”
I agree completely! That was never my dispute.
 
i don’t accept the CC authority…
Why not? Do you feel as though the Church strayed at some point in time? If so, when? Was it before She codified the Bible? If so, why then do you accept the Bible as it is,* the written Word of God*?
 
you have to accept the Catholic Church to fully accept Mary???

I think this idea is key … and wasn’t picked up on earlier.

i can’t accept anything relating to Mary that is not in the Bible because I do not accept the authority and teachings of the Catholic Church… so everything has to be proven outside of it.

i don’t understand how she can be without sin… but i’ve asked this elsewhere

i feel scared when people pray to her as i have a gut feeling that its somehow wrong to pray to a dead person

the idea of pergutory is important to me as it changes everything… how can she intercede if she’s dead… just dead, pergutory is not an idea i’ve met with til recently

i feel awkward at the idea that it’s almost father, son, holy ghost…and mary taking up the last arm of the cross…and i have seen crosses with four pictures and not three pictures of the trinity…plus one

These are the things I’m struggling with… because i don’t accept the CC authority… I have to base everything on the Bible and it’s just not there… I know its your boring answer 🙂
Well obviously you do not believe in the Bible. You believe in nothing. If you did, you would not call Mary dead. Have you read the New Testament? Mary is not dead. Mary is in Heaven. Jesus is not dead. He is in heaven.
Now if you believe Jesus is dead and Mary is dead and the disciples are dead, then you believe in nothing. Nothing at all. Go ahead and read the Bible. Read it some more. Then come back here and tell us Mary is dead.:rolleyes:
 
This is the MOST PAINFULL thread I have ever been on as I cant do this alone!!! WHERE ARE MY FELLOW CATHOLICS???

**Mary help! Your standing at the Cross and then holding his limp battered body means zip to these hardened hearts, and decieved souls…I ask you to please help them in their spiritual coma and touch them **
Really :eek:

At least I’m not alone in “overreaching.”

339-397 Ambrose of Milan speaks of Mary as type of the Church

Shall we begin a new list of over reachers?
St. Louis de Montfort
St. Teresa of Avila
St. Ignatius
St. Therese of Lisieux
Justin Martyr
St. Simon Stock- oh my dear spiritual father whose scapular I claim - you sweet over reacher, you.

John Paul II:
“The Mother of Christ, who stands at the very center of this mystery, is given as mother to every single individual and all mankind.”

Damascus- you may continue. I have to go back to work.
 
Yes I listened and saw the words at the end but remember where I am coming from;) I do not believe Mary can do any of those things in the song. I believe all of those come only from Jesus Christ.😃
Mary is in Heaven, and she is doing (or not doing) all of the things that we will do (or not do) when we get there.

She gets a crown because we will receive crowns. She is honoured and praised for her virtues because we will be honoured and praised for our virtues. (What kind of Heaven would it be, if there were nobody saying nice things to us? Even here on earth, we consider it a basic courtesy to praise people when they are doing well. Isn’t Heaven supposed to be better than earth?)

What kind of a Heaven is it, where the Blessed are bound and gagged, completely unable to do anything - not even the mundane and ordinary things that we did here on poor old broken earth, such as praying for others?

Is that the kind of Heaven that you hope for, in your own afterlife - to be bound, gagged, and helpless? Do you think that by (figuratively speaking) binding and gagging Mother Mary, by not asking for her prayers and not accepting her help, you are doing her Son (and your Saviour) Jesus Christ some kind of a favour?
 
Thank you Mary, for everything you do for us and most of all for hearing my petition to you now. Thank you for never leaving me and always being with me.🙂
 
She gets a crown because we will receive crowns. She is honoured and praised for her virtues because we will be honoured and praised for our virtues.
Actually, “because” is not a correct word. Mary is not praised because we will be praised. No. But if you would have said, “She gets a crown as will we also receive crowns. She is honoured and praised for her virtues as wil we also will be honoured and praised for our virtues…” then that would have been more acceptable. 😉
 
Thus the Blessed Virgin advanced in her pilgrimage of faith, and faithfully preserved in her union with her Son unto the Cross.There she stood, in keeping with the divine plan,

I cant go on… Its just unfathomable HOW MUCH MORE she must have LOVED HIM than ANY of us could ever CLAIM to…

:crying: :crying: :crying:
 
I cant go on… Its just unfathomable HOW MUCH MORE she must have LOVED HIM than ANY of us could ever CLAIM to…

:crying: :crying: :crying:
As a mother to a son myself, I have an idea how much she loved her Son. That love is unmeasurable and endless!!!
 
Hi,
I think I know what your getting at:confused: Referring to the OT Scriptures–those verses were all referring to earthly Queens not heavenly ones. I see no connection at all. In the NT Mary was never referred to as Queen mother. But I can see where catholics get this idea. Because you are taught that she is the Queen Mother you need to find it somewhere in Scripture, but the verses you quoted in the OT are a HUGE STRETCH. As for Genesis 3:15 not sure where you are going with this:confused: As far as Revelations: there was a thread on this and I believe most people agreed that was Israel not Mary.
In John 3 Jesus was rebuking Mary. John & not sure what your point is:confused:
Psalm 45:9 we will disagree Im sure We believe that to be Israel because this is OT and Mary and the Church are not yet in the picture.
Ok next:thumbsup:
Huge Stretch, shortened…Typology heard of it? Disagree that the OT prefigures the NT, foreshadowed, anticipated, and symbolized persons and events. Let’s see maybe Christs’ words will change your mind…
In Matthew 12:40, Jesus teaches that Johnah’s three days in the belly of the great fish foreshadowed Jesus’ three days in the tomb.
In John 3:14 Jesus says that the bronze serpent of Numbers 21:9 symbolized His crucifiction
In Corinthians 10:4, St. Paul calls the rock that followed the Israelites in the desert “Christ”. Notice he does not say the rock was like Christ; St. Paul says the rock was Christ. He uses the language to stress the relationship between a type and its NT fullfillment is more than a similarity.
In Romans 5:14 St. Paul specifically calls Adam atype of Christ.
Now Mary and sacred scripture…I think so.
 
Actually, “because” is not a correct word. Mary is not praised because we will be praised. No. But if you would have said, “She gets a crown as will we also receive crowns. She is honoured and praised for her virtues as wil we also will be honoured and praised for our virtues…” then that would have been more acceptable. 😉
Yes, that’s really what I meant - thanks!! 👍
 
I think maybe Mary seems kind of scary to some people. No Christian has an issue glorifying Jesus because we accept his divine nature. Mary is different because she was one of us. Yet through her the Light of the World and Word of God was made flesh. Mary as the first person to accept within herself Our Lord became the first Chrisitian.

Before there was theology, before there were Apostles, before there were the Church Fathers, before the completion of the Bible Mary was a Christian in full communion with our Lord. Her faith allowed Grace into the world. Her body gave Christ his Body and at one point she was the entire “Mystical” Body of Christ.

Mary gave from herself the elements that would be the first Eucharist: Our Lord Jesus Christ. Mary took in that Body of Our Lord and then released Him into world for all of us. This is why she is the greatest example for a Christian. We are not supposed to take Jesus into ourselves and horde him. We are supposed reveal and share his light with the world.

To walk the path of Christ is to walk a path that Mary forged for us first. Our Lord is the Way and Mary shows us how to walk that narrow way to the gate that is ever strait. How can anyone be unmoved by that???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top