what is the REAL reason why protestants reject mary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 6glargento
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a mother to a son myself, I have an idea how much she loved her Son. That love is unmeasurable and endless!!!
Indeed it is. Indeed it is. Holding his dead mutilated body, knowing he was the LORD.

WHY OH WHY is this such a hard thing to understand?

Jesus was not a cold fish (no pun intended) and dont you think he looked at her in those last moments??? Looked into her eyes??? The one who prayed the Psalms with him growing up??? the one you cry for in your heart when you feel alone???

Does anyone here understand Jesus and his divinity and his humanity?

He came here to share with us his HUMANITY so we could share in his DIVINITY…

How lost are you people???:confused:
 
I think maybe Mary seems kind of scary to some people. No Christian has an issue glorifying Jesus because we accept his divine nature. Mary is different because she was one of us. Yet through her the Light of the World and Word of God was made flesh. Mary as the first person to accept within herself Our Lord became the first Chrisitian

.

I LOVE YOU brother in Christ but you forgot — a bunch of Saints here, NAMELY my Favorite — St. JOHN THE BAPTIST!!!
Before there was theology, before there were Apostles, before there were the Church Fathers, before the completion of the Bible Mary was a Christian in full communion with our Lord. Her faith allowed Grace into the world. Her body gave Christ his Body and at one point she was the entire “Mystical” Body of Christ.
👍 👍 👍
 
Originally Posted by rtconstant
John the Baptist and Elizabeth didn’t even find out that Jesus was made flesh until Mary came and told them that she was pregnant with the Son of God. Just because He was still only a few cells at that time, even so, He was already Incarnate. 🙂

Mary was the very first Christian, and until she began to share the Good News with Joseph and Elizabeth, she was the only one - and not only was she the only living Christian, she was also a living Tabernacle, so it is really true that she was the Church. 😉

Joseph was (most likely) second, then Elizabeth and John the Baptist, and then the rest of them.
 
It really is amazing when you just sit back and think about Our Lord and His mother. You don’t even have to get heavy with the theology or the Bible. Just thinking about them and their relationship reveals so many truths in the Faith and the world around us.
 
ARE YOU PRO LIFE???

I have to ask here, since you seem to think that ST JOHN THE BAPTIST NEEDED TO BE BORN TO BE A CHRISTIAN…

DO YOU SEE THE FLAW IN YOUR ANALOGY NOW?:mad:
HOW ABOUT ANN AND … OH my! HIS PARENTS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS!!!
John the Baptist and Elizabeth didn’t even find out that Jesus was made flesh until Mary came and told them that she was pregnant with the Son of God. Just because He was still only a few cells at that time, even so, He was already Incarnate. 🙂

Mary was the very first Christian, and until she began to share the Good News with Joseph and Elizabeth, she was the only one - and not only was she the only living Christian, she was also a living Tabernacle, so it is really true that she was the Church. 😉

Joseph was (most likely) second, then Elizabeth and John the Baptist, and then the rest of them.
 
Mary is in Heaven, and she is doing (or not doing) all of the things that we will do (or not do) when we get there.

She gets a crown because we will receive crowns. She is honoured and praised for her virtues because we will be honoured and praised for our virtues. (What kind of Heaven would it be, if there were nobody saying nice things to us? Even here on earth, we consider it a basic courtesy to praise people when they are doing well. Isn’t Heaven supposed to be better than earth?)

What kind of a Heaven is it, where the Blessed are bound and gagged, completely unable to do anything - not even the mundane and ordinary things that we did here on poor old broken earth, such as praying for others?

Is that the kind of Heaven that you hope for, in your own afterlife - to be bound, gagged, and helpless? Do you think that by (figuratively speaking) binding and gagging Mother Mary, by not asking for her prayers and not accepting her help, you are doing her Son (and your Saviour) Jesus Christ some kind of a favour?
Hi,
Of course I believe she is in heaven and of course I believe she is not bound and gagged. But what you suggest she can do for us here on earth are things only Jesus can do for us. I do not believe the saints in heaven intercede for us. I think they are basking(for lack of a better word)in the Glory of JESUS CHRIST. I believe Mary is also basking in His Glory. As will we when we get to heaven. I believe the only one who knows what is going on here on earth is Jesus Christ and of course God.😃 That is my :twocents: That is my story and Im sticking to it:p 😉
 
ARE YOU PRO LIFE???
Yes - and I have the arrest record to prove it.
I have to ask here, since you seem to think that ST JOHN THE BAPTIST NEEDED TO BE BORN TO BE A CHRISTIAN.
What?? Where did I say that? Wasn’t John the Baptist still in Elizabeth’s womb at the time when Mary announced to Elizabeth and John the Baptist that she was carrying the Son of God.
DO YOU SEE THE FLAW IN YOUR ANALOGY NOW?:mad:
HOW ABOUT ANN AND … OH my! HIS PARENTS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS!!!
No. Mary was first.

At the time of the Annunciation, when Christ became flesh in her womb, Mary was the only one who knew that God the Son had become flesh in the world (the belief that God the Son became a human being is the belief that makes us “Christians”).

Those whom she told were next.

Nobody knew about Jesus before Mary did. It didn’t even happen until she said “Yes,” so it isn’t even possible for anyone else to have known about it before she did.
 
Yes I listened and saw the words at the end but remember where I am coming from;) I do not believe Mary can do any of those things in the song. I believe all of those come only from Jesus Christ.😃
YOU DONT?

Will you stop and consider that this song when it was writen was about an actual woman! Lets say it is a song about YOU assuming you are a woman. Can you do these thing that the song talks about? Of course you can, but you couldnt with out Jesus and neither could Mary. When you hear this song on the radio do you say hey that woman cant do that! only Jesus can? No but when it has something to do with Jesus mother God forbid it is WRONG. You believe this only because it is Catholic teaching if it wasnt you probably would not have such a problem with it. Mary can do all of it as well as anyone in heaven.

And I have not heard you yet prove that Jesus ever rebukes his mother. Can you please show me from scripture?
 
<<Jesus gets pushed aside because some Catholics are convinced that he’s harsh and stern and they need to go through Mary to reach Him.>>

This is totally false. Please do not repeat this untruth. We honor Mary because of her virtues and obedience to God. We believe she is special because HE made her so.
 
I think they are basking(for lack of a better word)in the Glory of JESUS CHRIST.
And what is the “glory of Jesus Christ?” Is it not love of God and love of neighbor? Why wouldn’t they be praying for their neighbors whom they love? (Us.)
I believe the only one who knows what is going on here on earth is Jesus Christ and of course God.😃 That is my :twocents: That is my story and Im sticking to it:p 😉
The Scriptures disagree with you. In the Book of Revelation, especially, we see that the angels and the Saints are perfectly well aware of what is going on in the world.
 
YOU DONT?

Will you stop and consider that this song when it was writen was about an actual woman! Lets say it is a song about YOU assuming you are a woman. Can you do these thing that the song talks about? Of course you can, but you couldnt with out Jesus and neither could Mary. When you hear this song on the radio do you say hey that woman cant do that! only Jesus can? No but when it has something to do with Jesus mother God forbid it is WRONG. You believe this only because it is Catholic teaching if it wasnt you probably would not have such a problem with it. Mary can do all of it as well as anyone in heaven.

And I have not heard you yet prove that Jesus ever rebukes his mother. Can you please show me from scripture?
Hi,
Im talking about people who are in heaven. I do not believe people in heaven, except Jesus can comfort us or pray for us or intercede for us. We are supposed to TRUST IN JESUS ALONe. Not Him and all the saints and Mary. Sorry I just dont see it biblically. Jesus never tells us to go to anyone but Him for EVERYTHING. I just see that leaves room for anyone else. Sorry this is just what I believe to be the biblical truth and I understand you dont believe the same.😦 I do believe in intercessary prayers by saints on earth(which would be all of us who are in Christ) We are told to pray for each other. I just believe that ends when we physically die.
 
QUOTE=jmcrae;1696358]And what is the “glory of Jesus Christ?” Is it not love of God and love of neighbor? Why wouldn’t they be praying for their neighbors whom they love? (Us.)
Indeed.
 
And what is the “glory of Jesus Christ?” Is it not love of God and love of neighbor? Why wouldn’t they be praying for their neighbors whom they love? (Us.)

The Scriptures disagree with you. In the Book of Revelation, especially, we see that the angels and the Saints are perfectly well aware of what is going on in the world.
Your right I satnd corrected. The angels are aware and of course let us not leave out Satan.:eek:
 
Hi,
Im talking about people who are in heaven. I do not believe people in heaven, except Jesus can comfort us or pray for us or intercede for us. We are supposed to TRUST IN JESUS ALONe. Not Him and all the saints and Mary. Sorry I just dont see it biblically. Jesus never tells us to go to anyone but Him for EVERYTHING. I just see that leaves room for anyone else. Sorry this is just what I believe to be the biblical truth and I understand you dont believe the same.😦 I do believe in intercessary prayers by saints on earth(which would be all of us who are in Christ) We are told to pray for each other. I just believe that ends when we physically die.
Saints on earth but none in Heaven?:confused:

Who is up there then? Propped up dead people?
 
And what is the “glory of Jesus Christ?” Is it not love of God and love of neighbor? Why wouldn’t they be praying for their neighbors whom they love? (Us.)

Because I believe intercessary prayer stops when you physically die. I dont see anything in the bible that says our loved ones are praying for us in heaven.😦 I know this sounds harsh but it is just not biblical to ask people who have died to pray for us. According to catholics you dont even now if they are in heaven.:eek:
 
Because I believe intercessary prayer stops when you physically die. I dont see anything in the bible that says our loved ones are praying for us in heaven.😦 I know this sounds harsh but it is just not biblical to ask people who have died to pray for us. According to catholics you dont even now if they are in heaven.:eek:
 
Your right I satnd corrected. The angels are aware and of course let us not leave out Satan.:eek:
The angels are aware of what is happening, so is Satan, but the poor slobs that get to heaven are soooo lossst and blind in their selfish heaven fest they dont give a dang what is going on with God’s creation…:confused:

Sounds like Hell to me.
 
Very true. In the liturgy, Mary is only named once and that’s in the Nicene Creed. Christ is mentioned throughout the ENTIRE thing multiple times. 🙂
I confess to almighty God . . . . .
I ask Blessed Mary ever virgin,all the angels and Saints, and you my brothers and sisters to pray for me to the Lord our God.
 
The angels are aware of what is happening, so is Satan, but the poor slobs that get to heaven are soooo lossst and blind in their selfish heaven fest they dont give a dang what is going on with God’s creation…:confused:

Sounds like Hell to me.
I agree with this completely.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top