Heart Foam #7
Catholics do not read Scripture to learn their faith. To do so would be to cease being a Catholic at heart.
To be Catholic, Scripture says what the magisterium tells you it says, and Tradition is whatever the magisterium tells you is Tradition. Sola ecclesia.
This poster should attend carefully to Sacred Scripture to learn about Jesus, His Church and Her Scriptures, as Jesus wrote nothing, and no one would know anything about Jesus and His teaching without His Church and the fact that She gave us the Bible.
The first error is in disregarding the mandate of Jesus, the Son of God, in installing Peter as His Supreme Vicar as the N.T. shows clearly.
All four promises to Peter alone:
“You are Peter and on this rock I will build My Church.” (Mt 16:18)
“The gates of hell will not prevail against it.”(Mt 16:18)
“I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven." ( Mt 16:19)
“Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven.” (Mt 16:19) [Later to the Twelve]
Sole authority:
“Strengthen your brethren.” (Lk 22:32)
“Feed My sheep.”(Jn 21:17).
The second error is in disregarding history.
Christ Himself proclaimed: “I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:18). “The Advocate, the Holy Spirit that the Father will send in My name, He will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you.” (John 14:26) “But when He comes, the Spirit of truth, He will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming. He will glorify Me, because He will take from what is mine and declare it to you. Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that He will take from what is mine and declare it to you.” (John 16:13-15