What is your favorite John Michael Talbot song(s)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter anon49823460
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anon49823460

Guest
My favorites currently are…
  1. Holy Is His Name
  2. Healer of My Soul
  3. Jesus Prayer
 
40.png
felra:
The Lover And The Beloved – “Pass Through My Will”
Thanks for the recommendation… I think I’ll order that CD
 
My favorite JMT songs are:
  1. I am the Bread of Life (my absolute favorite!!)
  2. One Faith - (makes you want to light up your bic lighter swaying back and forth - and be proud to be catholic!)
  3. For Zion’s Sake - among so many others
There are so many! I went to a JMT concert when I was an evangelical, and he really helped turn my heart toward the beauty of the catholic church. I love his spirit, and the music is exactly what my heart plays. Love JMT!
BTW… I always wonder why he has never been on EWTN. ? :confused:
 
Love_2B_an_EM:
My favorites currently are…
  1. Holy Is His Name
  2. Healer of My Soul
  3. Jesus Prayer
Out of the 37 albums listed on i-tunes for JMT, I have 9 of them. Most of the music I have is of his early work and I believe “The Quiet” is still my favorite album followed closely by the album with the praise session on it (i’ve fogotten the name). I thank God that I have (finally) got my system set-up so I can record Vinyl records and tapes directly into my computer and store them in MP-3 format in i-tunes for Windows. As I write this I am on my g-4 Mac (a superior machine) upon which I have over 7,500 pieces of music (sharing, anyone??), much of which is chant and Mass related.

Bottom line?..No one, two or three favorites on JMT. By the end of this year, I will have essentially everything he has recorded as part of my listening collection.

Richard
 
Has anyone attended a retreat given by JMT at his hermitage?
 
Love_2B_an_EM:
Has anyone attended a retreat given by JMT at his hermitage?
My parish women’s retreat is going to be at his hermitage next month. I don’t think JMT has anything to do with it, though, a nun from our area will be running it. I can’t wait to go, the pictures on line make the hermiage look beautiful.

My favorite songs of his right now have to be “One Faith” and “Table of Plenty.”
 
If you get a chance, I would love to hear how the retreat goes. Thanks.
 
My favorite song of JMT’s is “Peace Prayer” from the album Come to the Quiet. I listen to that CD every night while I drift off to sleep. Actually, that is probably my favorite song of all time at present.
 
Does his time with Mason Proffit count? If so, I have LOTS! One that comes to mind is called Johnny’s Tune where he shreds away on the banjo. I also love Hard Luck Woman (I think Kiss stole the title of their hit song from them), and their version of Old Joe Clark .
 
All of his eucharistic music.
One night years ago I was listening to a Christian radio station (non Catholic) as I was driving. The DJ said something about trying out something “from the opposition” and laughed. He said it was a by a catholic guy, John Michael Talbot and that it seemed to be ok since it was sung to Jesus. He played The Lord’s Supper album.
I had to pull off the road and sit until the whole thing was over. I was so moved.
Then the DJ started getting phone calls from listeners. The consensus seemed to be that the album couldn’t possibly be Catholic. But that it was a wonderful piece of Christian music. They played parts of it for sometime after.
It stills my heart when I hear it even now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top