What left-wing PBS bias? (Coulter)

  • Thread starter Thread starter stumbler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stumbler

Guest
Posted: May 25, 2005
© 2005 Ann Coulter

Bill Moyers, the lamented, demented former host of the PBS program “Now With Bill Moyers,” referred to the American-led war in Iraq as doing “to the people of Baghdad what bin Laden did to us.”

He called American flag pins “a little metallic icon of patriotism” comparable to Mao’s Little Red Book being displayed on every Communist Party official’s desk in China. This is silly. The metallic icons of patriotism that Mao used to keep the masses in line were considerably longer and sharper, and were usually applied to the back by a fellow “comrade.”

Moyers denounced Condoleezza Rice for her ineptness in not preventing the 9-11 attack, despite a clearly worded memo stating: “Bin Laden determined to attack the United States.” In other breaking news: Waitress in L.A. Determined to Become Actress. As Condi said, “I don’t think you, frankly, had to have that report to know that bin Laden would like to attack the United States.”

In his lengthy diatribe against Rice, Moyers said she had cried wolf, intentionally misleading “America and the world about the case for invading Iraq.” Apparently Rice had said Iraq was “a part of the war on terror” on the grounds that Saddam was: (1) supporting terrorists, (2) a weapons of mass destruction threat and (3) “a tremendous barrier to change in the Middle East.”

But as regular viewers of PBS know, in fact, we invaded Iraq for oil.

Yes, precisely. That’s why U.S. forces seized Iraq’s oil fields right after Baghdad fell, confiscated their vast oil reserves, and now we can buy all the gasoline we want here at home for just pennies a gallon any time we want. Sorry, we what? Folks, my switchboard is completely lit up and this isn’t even a radio show.

Moyers responded to the 2002 midterm elections in which Republicans bucked history by gaining seats in both the House and the Senate by warning Americans of the coming Rapture: “*f you like God in government, get ready for the Rapture.” As Moyers described the horror that was to come: “That agenda includes the power of the state to force pregnant women to surrender control over their own lives.”

I’m pretty sure even the harshest anti-abortion laws would only prevent a woman from killing her baby, not send her to a slave labor camp. But with his broadcast career crashing down around him, Moyers took a brave stand against the internment of pregnant women.

Full riff*
 
Wow, more wit and wisdom from Ann Coulter. That would be she that The National Review and USA Today (bleeding heart liberal, tree-hugging, commie, left-wing propaganda rags), among others, deemed unworthy as a columnist because of, …oh, I don’t know… perhaps her frothingly :whacky: views? I’ll retire to Bedlam (and while I’m there, I’ll say “hello” to Annie for all her fans).

Peace.
 
40.png
CanonAlberic:
Wow, more wit and wisdom from Ann Coulter. That would be she that The National Review and USA Today (bleeding heart liberal, tree-hugging, commie, left-wing propaganda rags), among others, deemed unworthy as a columnist because of, …oh, I don’t know… perhaps her frothingly :whacky: views? I’ll retire to Bedlam (and while I’m there, I’ll say “hello” to Annie for all her fans).

Peace.
Looks like you cannot defend your hero Bill Moyers’ vitriolic hatred of patriotism and religion. I guess the next best thing to do is attack Ann Coulter.
 
40.png
KBarn:
Looks like you cannot defend your hero Bill Moyers’ vitriolic hatred of patriotism and religion. I guess the next best thing to do is attack Ann Coulter.
Why is it that when anyone dares to question the direction of GW Bush and Co., it is immediately branded as “hatred of patriotism” and “hatred of religion”? Funny how just a few short years ago, slamming our then president was considered “patriotic”. Can you indeed have it both ways? As a thoughtful person who is willing to listen to more than one side of things, I find this attitide truly puzzling. What I cannot defend is Coulter’s vitriolic hatred of anything that doesn’t fit her extraordinarily narrow worldview.

Peace.

BTW, Bill Moyers isn’t my hero, H.P. Lovecraft is!
 
40.png
ybeayf:
Ia! Ia! Chteney fhtagn!
“Chteney”??? Sounds WAY too much like “Cheney” too me. Personally, I’ll stick with good old Cthulhu (and I kinda like Yog - Sothoth, too!)

Peace.
 
Ann Coulter will be hounded decades after she passes because of one book: “Treason”

She brought up an issue the left thought it had won and the names of those the left wanted forgotten. By constant cries of Coulter being a “hater” and “shrill”, liberals hope people won’t pick up the book someday if they see it.
 
“Chteney”??? Sounds WAY too much like “Cheney” too me.
Oh, come on. We all know he’s really one of the Old Ones.
Personally, I’ll stick with good old Cthulhu (and I kinda like Yog - Sothoth, too!)
Nyarlathotep was the coolest, though.
 
40.png
ybeayf:
Oh, come on. We all know he’s really one of the Old Ones.

Nyarlathotep was the coolest, though.
Okay, I’ll give ya “Chteney”, since you put it that way (unfortunately, it sounds too much like something that Derleth would have come up with). And hey, let’s not forget "The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young… Ia Ia Shub-Niggurath!!

Peace.
 
40.png
CanonAlberic:
Why is it that when anyone dares to question the direction of GW Bush and Co., it is immediately branded as “hatred of patriotism” and “hatred of religion”? Funny how just a few short years ago, slamming our then president was considered “patriotic”. Can you indeed have it both ways? As a thoughtful person who is willing to listen to more than one side of things, I find this attitide truly puzzling. What I cannot defend is Coulter’s vitriolic hatred of anything that doesn’t fit her extraordinarily narrow worldview.
Read what Moyers said. He compares American Flag lapel pins to Communist propaganda symbology. If you consider that a reasonable position, then I consider you unreasonable. My position has NOTHING to do with Presidents Clinton or Bush but only Bill Moyers idiotic statements. As a thoughtful person myself, I find it truly puzzling that you automatically relate my criticism of Bill Moyers with an assumption that I must support G.W. Bush. I think that is an incredibly bigoted position, that I must be nothing more than a Republican hack if I criticize “Saint” Bill Moyers.
 
I love how Ann gets right to the heart of an issue and is just plain BLUNT. You always know where she stands, and she’s not afraid to say it. Too many of us hide our views because we’re afraid of what others will think. Agree with her or not, she’s braver than most of us. 🙂 And I love her books too !
 
The word hate is thrown around on these fora by the left, but applying it to Moyers words and beliefs would be accuate.

He really is the prototypical left wing moral relativist.
 
Just saw Globe Trekker where they went to Hawaii. A great program ruined by the hostess’s attendance at a gay wedding with comments such as “It’s so beautiful” and “I can tell by the way they kissed that they’re going to make it”. Luckily we were at least spared from that.

What’s next? A trip to Alaska including a visit to an abortion clinic where the hostess can say “Doesn’t she looks so much freer now!”?

Can you at least try to be a little more subtle in your propaganda?
 
Wow…one radical right wing nut bashing a radical left wing nut…at least common ground was found. 😛

Anne Coulter criticizing Billy Moyers (whom I dont like)

= Pot/Kettle/Black. 😃
 
40.png
ShroudMan:
Wow…one radical right wing nut bashing a radical left wing nut…at least common ground was found. 😛

Anne Coulter criticizing Billy Moyers (whom I dont like)

= Pot/Kettle/Black. 😃
The standard liberal dodge. Everybody does it. I’m a “moderate”. I don’t like either of them. They are both nuts. Aren’t I wonderful? Even if I do used trite phrases about a pot and a kettle being black cause I can’t think up anything orginal to say.

“Swing voters are more appropriately known as the ‘idiot voters’ because they have no set of philosophical principles. By the age of fourteen, you’re either a Conservative or a Liberal if you have an IQ above a toaster.”–Ann Coulter
 
David_Paul said:
“Swing voters are more appropriately known as the ‘idiot voters’ because they have no set of philosophical principles. By the age of fourteen, you’re either a Conservative or a Liberal if you have an IQ above a toaster.”–Ann Coulter

I guess I’m a kook because I really don’t find anything outrageous about this quote or anything else Coulter may say. She isn’t any worse than Ted Kennedy or Howard Dean. I do agree that sometimes her delivery may turn people off and detract from her point, but for some reason people LOVE their female liberals to be brash and “strong” (Boxer, Feinstein :eek: ) but the conservative equivalent seems to be a source of ridicule. Hmmm.
 
The difference between the two is that isn’t pretending to be something she isn’t. She’s a conservative, and she doesn’t hide it. Moyers is pretending to be an unbiased journalist, just giving us facts and not opinion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top