What left-wing PBS bias? (Coulter)

  • Thread starter Thread starter stumbler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Swing voters are more appropriately known as the ‘idiot voters’ because they have no set of philosophical principles. By the age of fourteen, you’re either a Conservative or a Liberal if you have an IQ above a toaster.”–Ann Coulter
It’s perfectly possible to be a swing voter and have a set of firm principles. The fact is, there are plenty of people who don’t fit neatly into the conservative-liberal spectrum, and plenty of people who are fed up with both parties. How should I, for example, who am anti-war, anti-abortion, anti-tax, anti-big government, anti-death penalty, pro-business, and pro-drug legalization, vote? The Republicans want to take over the world, restrict what I can see and hear and ingest, and spend more than the Democrats did last time they were in power; the Democrats want to tax me to death, keep abortion around, and fund all sorts of programs that I don’t agree with and are black holes for money. Why should I vote for either set of chucklewits, when I disagree with both of them equally?
 
40.png
ybeayf:
It’s perfectly possible to be a swing voter and have a set of firm principles. The fact is, there are plenty of people who don’t fit neatly into the conservative-liberal spectrum, and plenty of people who are fed up with both parties. How should I, for example, who am anti-war, anti-abortion, anti-tax, anti-big government, anti-death penalty, pro-business, and pro-drug legalization, vote??
Pro drug legalization? You really think that would be a positive move? Gosh illegal drugs sure are a great boon to society. Legalized crack? Meth? Heroin? Why not…
40.png
ybeayf:
The Republicans want to take over the world, restrict what I can see and hear and ingest, and spend more than the Democrats did last time they were in power; the Democrats want to tax me to death, keep abortion around, and fund all sorts of programs that I don’t agree with and are black holes for money. Why should I vote for either set of chucklewits, when I disagree with both of them equally?
Because one of the two parties will win and you might as well decide which is the least of the worst because if you don’t some other ‘chucklewit’ will decide for you.

Lisa N
 
Pro drug legalization? You really think that would be a positive move? Gosh illegal drugs sure are a great boon to society. Legalized crack? Meth? Heroin? Why not.
If they could be bought freely in drugstores and pharmacies, it would put drug runners and gangsters out of business overnight.
Because one of the two parties will win and you might as well decide which is the least of the worst because if you don’t some other ‘chucklewit’ will decide for you.
Truly, I don’t like either one of them, but Clinton at least keep the budget balanced. I’m more likely to abstain from voting for either, to show my disgust for the limited viable choices offered me.
 
David

I am not a liberal.

and your end quote from ms Coulter, I hope in jest to her mentality, cause I’d hate to think you value that quote as sound judgement. 😉
 
40.png
ybeayf:
If they could be bought freely in drugstores and pharmacies, it would put drug runners and gangsters out of business overnight.

.
Right, drug runners and gangsters are the problem. Nope, drug USERS are the problem. Legal or not, people on meth tend not to be good employees, good parents or good citizens. Now if Mr Meth Head needs his stuff and since he can’t hold down a job he burgles a house or robs a 7/11. Right now in this state 80% of the PROPERTY crime is a result of drug users, mostly meth users. 70% of the children taken in by DHS are neglected due to their parents’ drug use.

And you want to make it EASY for people to get meth? It’s addictive, highly addictive. We don’t want more of it and when something is legal it increases in use.

There are many things that appeal to me about libertarian philosophy but the legal drug use is a deal killer.

Lisa N
 
40.png
ybeayf:
The Republicans want to take over the world, restrict what I can see and hear and ingest, and spend more than the Democrats did last time they were in power;
I suggest you first check out what Republicns really stand for (rather than rely on the straw man you have created above) and then you will have no problem deciding how to vote. However I suspect you wont do this as it is too easy to grow comfortable with stereotypes-the best alternative from the perspective of those of us who do take the time to explore issues in depth is for you not to vote at all.
 
40.png
ybeayf:
It’s perfectly possible to be a swing voter and have a set of firm principles. The fact is, there are plenty of people who don’t fit neatly into the conservative-liberal spectrum, and plenty of people who are fed up with both parties. How should I, for example, who am anti-war, anti-abortion, anti-tax, anti-big government, anti-death penalty, pro-business, and pro-drug legalization, vote? The Republicans want to take over the world, restrict what I can see and hear and ingest, and spend more than the Democrats did last time they were in power; the Democrats want to tax me to death, keep abortion around, and fund all sorts of programs that I don’t agree with and are black holes for money. Why should I vote for either set of chucklewits, when I disagree with both of them equally?
So, you a liberal who holds a couple of conservative views.
 
I, for example, who am anti-war, anti-abortion, anti-tax, anti-big government, anti-death penalty, pro-business, and pro-drug legalization, vote?
libertarian, but of course. The problem is that you screw the rest of us who are ALSO, anti-abortion, anti-tax anti-biggov’t, and pro business because you vote for someone who takes votes away from VIABLE pro-life pro -business candidates and give elections nicely and neatly to the pro-death, pro-nannystate candidates.

I am a small-l libertarian who votes republican. Better yet, am I a pragmatic conservative??
 
40.png
jlw:
libertarian, but of course. The problem is that you screw the rest of us who are ALSO, anti-abortion, anti-tax anti-biggov’t, and pro business because you vote for someone who takes votes away from VIABLE pro-life pro -business candidates and give elections nicely and neatly to the pro-death, pro-nannystate candidates.

I am a small-l libertarian who votes republican. Better yet, am I a pragmatic conservative??
I even hesitate to call myself a small-l libertarian, because of some of the whacked-out stances the big-Ls take.

Don’t go preaching pragmatism, or you’ll end up like me. :banghead:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top