What should I do with anti-Catholic books?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PaperCrane
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to view some of the works AND they have historical value.

I have no special .va privileges.
There is a difference between the works of Martin Luther and modern anti-Catholic “literature”.
 
You could throw them in the trash.people don’t sift through garbage truck trash.If you recycle paper and books nobody is going to go through.
 
If you’re looking to establish a dollar value, you can do that by going to Amazon, and enter the name of the book, find the author, the volume or edition, details such as hard or soft cover.

For example, the book, “Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma” by Dr. Ludwig Ott, in paperback, new, is going for $27.50. Used can be had for 22.99. Someone has a used hardcover for 75, but of course, who knows if it will sell for that.
 
Do you have a dog? bundle several of the tracts together and give them to your dog to use as chew toys let your dog have the books also for making his teeth stonger by chewing the also.
 
To those who advocate bonfires, litter-boxes, shredders… etc.

Next time you hear of someone who destroyed a copy of the Bible… recall what you posted here today. And then stand in front of a mirror, collect a lot of saliva - and spit at the image you see there… maybe it will wash away the stigma of your hypocrisy!! And change your signature to something like: “I am a bookburner and proud of it”. That would be fitting. Shame on you!

To the ones who suggest to give them away - cheers!
I don’t mean to be disrespectful but:

False Equivalence!

There is a difference between disposing of your own property on the one hand, and destroying that of others against their will, on the other.

There is a difference between disposing of one copy of a book, and trying to forcibly prevent publication.
 
There is a difference between the works of Martin Luther and modern anti-Catholic “literature”.
Yes, the name-calling was worse in Luther’s time. Anyway, no more argument from me on such a minor point.
 
I would like to see the titles you are talking about, and if they are anything that I recognize, I’ll happily take 'em off your hands. I am one of those dudes who will fill the margins with notes of refutations. Heck, I’d even pay the postage. 🙂

(But hey…I’m kinda nuts like that…) 😃
 
I don’t mean to be disrespectful but:

False Equivalence!

There is a difference between disposing of your own property on the one hand, and destroying that of others against their will, on the other.

There is a difference between disposing of one copy of a book, and trying to forcibly prevent publication.
The phrase I used was: “…someone who destroyed a copy of the Bible…” which indicates nothing more than it says. I did not speak of destroying someone else’s property, nor forcibly prevent its publication. So you are barking up the wrong tree. I am speaking out against destroying books, no matter how much one disagrees with their content. Book burning is a barbaric practice, no matter who does it. And to scream out against someone who destroys a copy of the Bible (which is also a disgusting and barbaric action) and to advocate the burning of other books is the height of hypocrisy.
 
I say burn 'em. 😃

But like several people have said before, reading them would be a great idea. The next time you come across some rabid anti-Catholic person, you would have a better chance of refuting their arguments and of winning the debate or argument or whatever it might be. If it was me, I couldn’t read them. Too much anti-Catholic or atheistic hate-speak just makes me mad. And their logic confuses me and I know they won’t listen to me either. The best way to go would be read them (if you can handle them) then toss them.
 
The phrase I used was: “…someone who destroyed a copy of the Bible…” which indicates nothing more than it says. I did not speak of destroying someone else’s property, nor forcibly prevent its publication. So you are barking up the wrong tree. I am speaking out against destroying books, no matter how much one disagrees with their content. Book burning is a barbaric practice, no matter who does it. And to scream out against someone who destroys a copy of the Bible (which is also a disgusting and barbaric action) and to advocate the burning of other books is the height of hypocrisy.
I apologize if I misrepresented you, Keeler. I didn’t mean to.
 
Whilst cleaning my basement, I came across three of my grandfather’s very anti-Catholic books. I thought about just throwing them away or putting them in recycling, but did not want to take the chance of someone rummaging and finding them. What should I do with them?
Do you own a shotgun? 2 words…TARGET PRACTICE!

Honestly though, read them. You might get a deeper understanding of the “others” position, and you might even learn a little about your grandfather as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top