What We've Done Wrong

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
gilliam:
read the other thread where you posted the same question and it was answered.
Provide me with a link and I will.

40.png
harveyc:
Your sarcasm is not necessary or helpful in this discussion. I don’t like the war but am undecided whether it was the wrong choice or not at the time. We will probably never know what President George W. Bush knew (or thought he knew) at the time of the invasion. Congress supported the decision so there were others that thought it was the right thing to do. I just don’t know, though. Glad it wasn’t my call.

Are you of the opinion that President George W. Bush knew there were no WMDs when war was declared? I have not seen any reliable reason to support this.
Actually, I personally think he thought that they really had weapons of mass destruction. The way we went about it however…

40.png
nike248:
Actually, I personally think he thought that they really had weapons of mass destruction. The way we went about it however…
The Army is looking for some more people, you can join up I suppose if you think you can go about it better. Seriously, unless you are in the shoes of those who have to make the decisions, it is very easy to criticise. Especially after the fact.

We are a Republic so you can always elect your folks into office. Just remember, most of those leading the military today, came in and were trained under Clinton’s administration.

40.png
nike248:
So what’s your answer? Yes or no? And if so, how many casualties did your unit suffer?
Regardless of the answer, it appears your sole point is to attack gilliam’s credibility. How is the answer going to logically diminish his credibility or raise yours? His answer is not relevant to the discussion and your apparent strategy seems fallacious.

A nation goes to war with the forces it has, not the forces it wants or the forces it needs (two different dreams).

Decisions are made based on the information (or disinformation) at hand and estimates of the known unknowns. The unknown unknowns will bite you on the rear every time. So what else is new?

40.png
nike248:
Personally, I think Saddam thought he actually had those WMD’s.
I can’t fault Bush for knowing less about Iraq’s real capabilities than Sadaam.

to nike248. i really like the signature. i, too, am somewhat old, and probably somewhat near death. if the world continues on its way, i too thank God that i don’t have to see or live it!

to the originator of thread:
who is “we”?

i didn’t do it and i deny any responsiblity.

I find that argument so tiresome and untrue. Many people predicted exactly what would happen and it did. As for the “inferior” Clinton military, who launches a preemptive and elective war KNOWING that they don’t have the right troop strength or the right equipment? That makes no sense.

40.png
Thekla:
I find that argument so tiresome and untrue. Many people predicted exactly what would happen and it did. As for the “inferior” Clinton military, who launches a preemptive and elective war KNOWING that they don’t have the right troop strength or the right equipment? That makes no sense.
The war went just fine, and it was quick. The aftermath was terrible. No one is doubting that. One reason for it being as bad as it was, and for not having as many boots on the ground, was that the 4th ID (that is a Division of the Army, consisting of thousands of men) were sitting on ships because Turkey would not let us enter from the north (thanks in no small part of France and Russia which were being bribed by Saddam at the time).

Another reason is that the military really did thing the Air Force could do most of the work.

The history of this time will be very interesting indeed.

Again, it is easy to sit wherever you are and complain. The question is how do you help out now? There are a lot of Iraqis depending on us.

One way you can help, is to support the American soldier trying to bring peace to that country.

Gilliam,

The war in Iraq, was, let’s face it, a disaster. Fought on entirely fake grounds with improper equipment, this war was sold to the public by the administration. And the majority of the public bought it. In addition, anyone who doesn’t support the war is “unpatriotic” and “doesn’t support the troops” which is false. Bush cannot, apparently, discern between support the soldiers and the war itself.

40.png
Catholicvegan:
Gilliam,

The war in Iraq, was, let’s face it, a disaster. Fought on entirely fake grounds with improper equipment, this war was sold to the public by the administration. And the majority of the public bought it. In addition, anyone who doesn’t support the war is “unpatriotic” and “doesn’t support the troops” which is false. Bush cannot, apparently, discern between support the soldiers and the war itself.
Great, how do you support our troops? If you need ideas, go to: americasupportsyou.mil/

40.png
gilliam:
The Army is looking for some more people, you can join up I suppose if you think you can go about it better. Seriously, unless you are in the shoes of those who have to make the decisions, it is very easy to criticise. Especially after the fact.

We are a Republic so you can always elect your folks into office. Just remember, most of those leading the military today, came in and were trained under Clinton’s administration.
Why would I want to join the Army? I’m already in the Air Force. As a matter of fact, I recently got back from a 10 month tour in Iraq. Yes, it is easy to criticize. It is easy to criticize when your fellow airmen are being torn apart by IEDs. Since you haven’t answered my question, I guess you never served in Iraq and are nothing more than a civilian who’s easily manipulated by the media.

40.png
jjwilkman:
to nike248. i really like the signature. i, too, am somewhat old, and probably somewhat near death. if the world continues on its way, i too thank God that i don’t have to see or live it!

to the originator of thread:
who is “we”?

i didn’t do it and i deny any responsiblity.
Thanks man! Yeah, I actually realized what Padre Pio talked about the filth in the world when I got back from the war. Iraqis (some) are awesome people who I would love to go back and help, while the majority of people in the US are so selfish! God help us.

40.png
nike248:
If you really want to help the troops, join us at optruth.org

Where ACTUAL people who served in the war tell the truth.
What a load of bull extrement. You actually believe this propaganda? If your desire is to run away from Iraq, I guess this site is for you.

Personally, I think that is a cowardly and unChristian thing to do. That people on this list continually advocate this is one of the most unCatholic things I have ever seen in my life.

What is going on here, are you folks trying to re-live your anti-Vietnam years?

ACTUAL people who served and are serving in the war, by hugh numbers are reenlisting. Why? Because they believe in what they are doing. If you don’t know this fact, you are simply ignorant. I’m sorry, I am loosing it here folks, there is only so much of this junk I can take.

If you are interested in what real Iraq vets and soldiers in Iraq think, real ones, not pretend ones, go here:
mudvillegazette.com/

That’s it for me tonight. I better log off.

Pax folks.

PROBLEM: some posts degrading into ad hominems

ACTION: thread closed.
Thanks to all who post facts and their opinions in the spirit of charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back