J
jlw
Guest
What do you think?? Vote and then argue!! 
Sorry Philip. We want the UN to practice what is preaches re freedom and human rights, without imposing world their *law *onto sovereign nations. Pressure totalitarian regimes, encourage democratic ones. Be intolerent of those who squash free speech (political or religious) and be tolerant of all races (even Jews!). OPEN THE BOOKS and let us know where their money goes (25% of it comes from you and me). PROTECT the oppressed militarily, rather than exploit them. Any other ideas??Until we figure out exactly what we want out of the UN, āreformā is a dead letter. We have a schizophrenic attitude toward it - we hate it because itās too weak, but weāre scared of the black helicoptersā¦
Heavy-handed never works!What do you think?? Vote and then argue!!![]()
Yes, Adolph Hitler would definitely agree with you!Heavy-handed never works!
Diplomacy is the only answer.
Right-i-o. How many treaties (in the absense of war, or the threat of it) have led to lasting peace???Heavy-handed never works!
Diplomacy is the only answer.
Well, if I can add one more, āUN officials keep their hands out of the cookie jar and not get involved in crooked schems to make money off dictators like Saddam Hussain.āSorry Philip. We want the UN to practice what is preaches re freedom and human rights, without imposing world their *law *onto sovereign nations. Pressure totalitarian regimes, encourage democratic ones. Be intolerent of those who squash free speech (political or religious) and be tolerant of all races (even Jews!). OPEN THE BOOKS and let us know where their money goes (25% of it comes from you and me). PROTECT the oppressed militarily, rather than exploit them. Any other ideas??
AMEN to that!Bolton would be a bull in a china shop. The Un needs someone who will tell each andeverybody there that they had better straighten out or we will kick the UN out of the US.
I heard he doesnāt dress wellEverything I have heard about him says he is honest and direct. What other type of person would we want to send? He is qualified and I heard today on the news that he will be confirmed.
If not dressing well would disqualify someone from public office, then letās make a list of who should resign! If I werenāt being charitable I would start a list online here to blast the unfit due to poor wardrobe.I heard he doesnāt dress welland at times he <> puts his hands on his hips when heās disagreeable! :bigyikes:
Heavens to betsy, that is what the UN/eurofiles are up an arms about??
Well that mustache is QUITE suspicious! That might disqualify him on its ownIf not dressing well would disqualify someone from public office, then letās make a list of who should resign! If I werenāt being charitable I would start a list online here to blast the unfit due to poor wardrobe.![]()
I know⦠I heard FRENCH people wear mustaches!Well that mustache is QUITE suspicious! That might disqualify him on its own
Lisa N
Hate is such a strong word. But Do you hate corruption?? Hate appeasing ābad guysā, while easily criticizing the āgood guysā?? Hate waste and bureaucracy for bureaucracyās sake?? Hate all talk-no action?? Hate credit-taking bureaucrats who arrive after the work has been finished?? Hate anti-semitism?? Hate meetings to set up more meetings??? Hate conference calls designed to tell us what we already know??? Hate people telling you how to fix what aināt broke??but even among leaders such as the US there are factions who hate the UN, including within the Bush administration
If youāre wary of reform, then youāre stuck with repeats of the oil-for-food scandal, anti-semitism, and totalitiarian regimes.On the UN, though, I think everyone (everyone acting in good faith, that is) would like to see increased transparency and steps taken to make sure things like the oil-for-food scandal donāt happen anymore. A good question is who is acting in good faith, and who isnāt. Of course thereās the question of totalitarian regimes, but even among leaders such as the US there are factions who hate the UN, including within the Bush administration. For this reason Iām wary of claims that they want to reform it. Then again, some of it may just be talk for the domestic audience - talking the anti-UN talk while seriously working on reform. I guess weāll see.