What's a clear, charitable "come-back" for protestants?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AllforJesus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may very well be time to perform an exorcism or shake one’s dust from one’s sandals. The mentally incompetent
Let me get this straight: somebody who believes they can click a button on their computer and release people from the mythical place of Purgatory is calling me “mentally incompetent”? Now that’s irony!
 
Actually, we read them quite a bit. In fact, I spoke with my DCE just yesterday about one of the new classes we’re adding, where we’re going to be going into the writings of early Christians in great depth.what do you call early christains if these are same writings that the church calls the early fathers then let me be the first to welcome you all back into the true church in advance.

Actually, if you were to come to our church, you’d see that we have two classes available on church history. They are the same level and use the same textbooks as seminary classes on church history. the catholic seminary or one of the other christian ones?
 
The Protestants split from a corrupt and Unbiblical church, just as they should have.
The **Catholic Church **is more Biblical than you can imagine.
Frankly, I’m happy that the people who converted to Roman Catholicism did so.
Not about the going to Hell part, but about the fact that we are whittling the overall membership down to people who are serious about their doctrine, about evangelism, and that we have to worry about fewer false converts.
Has God given you a private revelation that everyone who is Catholic is going to hell?

I don’t** think it is fair for you to make such a proclamation that Catholics are going to hell **because you believe the Catholic Church teaches unbiblical practices.

The more I read your post. The more I see that you seek to polterize us Catholics to leave our faith. That’s very Anti-Catholic..

I also like to add that those who go to hell are those who break the commandments of God. They don’t go to hell because they join the Catholic Church.
 
Frankly, I’m happy that the people who converted to Roman Catholicism did so.
And, I’ve never been happier or better educated about Christianity in my life. Thank God for the Roman Catholic Church.
 
Let me get this straight: somebody who believes they can click a button on their computer and release people from the mythical place of Purgatory is calling me “mentally incompetent”? Now that’s irony!
Your bringing that average up Fred… you now average more per day than I had in almost a year… I guess I need to get sick too… well not bronchitis because evidentely it has delusional effects…

SD
 
;Fred,What Denomination are you?

you won’t respond to my post.I guess I am on your ignore list since I am a convert
 
Let me get this straight: somebody who believes they can click a button on their computer and release people from the mythical place of Purgatory is calling me “mentally incompetent”? Now that’s irony!
Actually Fred I was speaking in generalities without specifically imparting a specific personal attribution to you, “Fred”. In that I also left an option (note the word “or” in the sentence) in the sentence construct describing a condition with a less severe state of faulty logic. But I see you elected to identify with it personally as well as choose which condition it was you best identified. Having named your own condition, unless there are a legion of you collectively operating under the moniker “Fred” I think we can rule out exorcism and just bring in a good High School level training on comprehensive reading skills. From there maybe we can get you to the truth and an understanding into the key factors of “salvation” that you clearly are not in possession of.

James
P.S. Good to hear that we have you believing in purgatory now!
 
The Protestants split from a corrupt and Unbiblical church, just as they should have.

Frankly, I’m happy that the people who converted to Roman Catholicism did so.

Not about the going to Hell part, but about the fact that we are whittling the overall membership down to people who are serious about their doctrine, about evangelism, and that we have to worry about fewer false converts.
Pardon me, but it seems as if you are saying that those who convert to Catholicism are automatically bound for eternal Hell? :confused:

I am very serious about doctrine and evangelism. That’s why I became Catholic. I don’t expect you to understand this, but God made it very clear to me that the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Jesus Christ, which began growing exponentially at Pentecost as people “continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.” (Acts 2:42, KJV). Timothy is told to teach “things which thou hast heard of me by many witnesses, the same commend to faithful men, who shall be fit to teach others also.” (2 Timothy 2:2) We see four generations of apostolic succession in just one passage of Scripture.

Did Jesus intend to have Christianity divided into so many differing and conflicting denominations, or did He found One Church?
 
I am very serious about doctrine and evangelism. That’s why I became Catholic. I don’t expect you to understand this, but God made it very clear to me that the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Jesus Christ
God contradicted His word to give you this special revelation?
Did Jesus intend to have Christianity divided into so many differing and conflicting denominations, or did He found One Church?
My parents had five children. We live in different houses, have different jobs, are married to different spouses, have different personalities, etc, yet we have the same mother and father.

Are we one family?
 
God contradicted His word to give you this special revelation?
No. God contradicted your wrong-headed interpretation of the Bible.
My parents had five children. We live in different houses, have different jobs, are married to different spouses, have different personalities, etc, yet we have the same mother and father.

Are we one family?
If you file for divorce and split to run off with another woman then probably not.
 
God contradicted His word to give you this special revelation?
God didn’t contradict his Word. The only Church in existence in the First Century was the Catholic Church. It bears the four marks; One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic. History proves it. There were no other Churches at the time but one.

It was not until the Schism that split the Eastern and Western Christianity as Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox Church in 1054 AD, and then the man-made religion of Protestantism came into being (your forefathers))
 
God didn’t contradict his Word. The first Century Christians was only One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. History proves it. There were no other Churches at the time but one.
Actually, there were other “Christianities” - a whole slew of them in fact - that were co-existant with the proto-orthodox (who became the Catholics).

But, I doubt Freddie would find any of those to his liking.
 
God contradicted His word to give you this special revelation?

My parents had five children. We live in different houses, have different jobs, are married to different spouses, have different personalities, etc, yet we have the same mother and father.

Are we one family?
That depends on their relationship with God. In general no, we only have one humanty but hardly one family.

Adam had a number of children. Two children, one named Cain and the other one named Able both believed in God. Able knew the proper forms of worship and God accepted his worship. Cain. however did not know how to please God and God rejected Cain’s worship (since it came from the accursed ground and he had an “attitude”). Cain became enraged and jealous of his brother Able and murdered Him. God punished Cain but put a sign on him that would make it forever impossible for others to try to punish him for his crim (God let him retain a semblance of his basic humanity). God restored the proper family lineage by letting Adam give birth to Seth to replace the just Able. And Cain went and founded a city in a distant land, dedicated to the rejection of God.

The same pattern exists today in protestantism - rejection of God’s truth, rebellion against their just brother and the continuation of unacceptable forms of worship.

Take heed.

James
 
God contradicted His word to give you this special revelation?
No, God showed me that the Bible is a Catholic book! 😃 Nothing in Scripture contradicts the Catholic faith. Which came first, the Church or the Bible? Every Christian who accepts the 27 New Testament books as canonical Scripture recognizes the authority of the Catholic Church to determine what is Scripture and what is spurious.

You didn’t answer my question: I was a Christian in a “Bible believing, Bible preaching” church for many years, and then God called me to become Catholic. Has my salvation been forfeited because of it?
My parents had five children. We live in different houses, have different jobs, are married to different spouses, have different personalities, etc, yet we have the same mother and father.
Are we one family?
That’s not even remotely the same thing.

I’m talking about Truth here, and where it can be found today. On one corner you have a church that believes baptism is salvific, but only for adults. One the next corner you have a church that believes baptism is a symbolic gesture. Go down the road three blocks and there’s a church that baptizes infants because they believe it’s the new circumcision and makes their children members of the New Covenant. Go around the corner and there’s a church that baptizes in the name of Jesus only. Down the road some more and you’ll find a church that doesn’t practice water baptism at all. Each church can open their Bibles and show you Scripture verses to persuasively defend their particular leanings. Each church will tell you that the Holy Spirit led them to the conclusions they’ve drawn from Scripture. But they can’t all be right, can they? 🤷
 
🙂 please do tell us you ar not serious in saying FredSmith attends services at a circus. i thought you are more charitable then that. you are giving him less reason to listen:(
 
🙂 please do tell us you ar not serious in saying FredSmith attends services at a circus. i thought you are more charitable then that. you are giving him less reason to listen:(
Yeah. I was just kidding.

I’ll try to remember to use the smileys from now on.
 
😃 i hoped so but it did sound like something i most likely would have said. two years ago. i am still fighting my human nature when it comes to my temper. guess that is why i am a farmer i the middle of no where,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top