What's on your dashboard/hanging from your rearview mirror?

• Thread starter Thread starter Timidity
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Timidity

When I was growing up, my cousins had a St. Anthony (or was it St. Christopher?) medal on the dashboard.

My wife’s car has a little prayer bead/Crucifix thing hanging from the rearview mirror. My truck doesn’t have anything, but I want something.

What do you have?

What do you suggest?

We have a rosary on ours to remind us to pray. It also in kinda like a reminder of not to drive faster than you guardian angel can fly! I would just put something simple up. Something that reminds you of God’s love for you.

I have a St. Christopher medal hanging from the rearview, and a rosary in the console thing between the front seats.

I have two cards -

The immaculate heart of Mary
and
The Divine Mercy image of Christ

i have a rosary hanging from the rear view mirror, i have a crucifix on the dashboard & i had a st. christopher visor clip on the sunvisor but it broke & i plan on replacing it today. (st. christopher is back on the church calendar, he is on july 25th along with st. james–st. james is a feast day & st. christopher is on as a memorial or a minor saint)

just an expired parking tag. Anything bigger tends to distract my vision while driving

I have a crucifix that is going to be replaced with an a Auto Rosary. The crucifix will go in the wife’s car. I also have a full rosary in one of my cup holders, and a visor clip on celtic cross on one of my visors of course.

I also have a Palm Leaf folded into a rose,(small as not to distract).

I believe it is against the law to have anything dangling from your rear view mirror. :eek:

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
I believe it is against the law to have anything dangling from your rear view mirror.
It very well could be in your state.

Image of the Divine Mercy Holy Card on my visor and a Palm Cross from this past Palm Sunday on the passenger side visor.

From the rear view mirror…my sunglasses. But St. Christopher is on the sun visor…the medal.

I have a small crystal heart and a small crystal crescent moon hanging from my rearview mirror. Very pretty when they reflect the light.

Rosary on the Mirror and St. Christopher on the visor. I travel a lot and just recently was almost involved in a head-on collision. The other driver must have fell asleep as I was coming to the crest of the hill. With no time to react, he came across not only into my lane, but my shoulder lane as well. The only thing he hit was my mirror! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve alomst been hit or involved in an accident. I don’t chalk it up to good defensive driving, well maybe some of them, but there is a good many that are near miraculous! Thanks Mother Mary and St. Christopher for carring me on your shoulders!

:bowdown2: :amen:

rosary, not for prayer or piety, to remind me not to give into my worst impulses toward other drivers.

Well… seeing as it’s my mum’s car, I guess it’ll be “other”
it’s some random souviner thingie we got from Japan… supposed to be a little charm for safe driving or something~ :rolleyes:

BUT As soon as I get my own car… my answer would prob. be “all of the above” heheh 👍

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
I believe it is against the law to have anything dangling from your rear view mirror. :eek:
I believe it is here, too, but even if it isn’t I find it distracting to have dangling stuff – especially since it moves – which can grab a bit of my attention especially at low visibility or otherwise critical moments. If it is illegal here it isn’t enforced, for when I’m stopped at traffic signals I see lots of cars with stuff, sometimes huge amounts of stuff, hanging from their mirrors.

We had an old car with a little statue of Mary on the dashboard, but not now.

Alan

Rosary and work ID hanging from mirror. Saint Christopher medal affixed to my visor.

Oh, and it is not illegal in Michigan to have something hanging from one’s rear view mirror unless it impedes one’s view.

'thann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back