Whats the difference between Christians and Catholics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xplo1t
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also is interesting to note that of the 2 billion Christians in the world, 1.1 billion are Catholic.🙂
 
I believe the point of the question (what’s the difference between squares and rectangles) is that ALL squares (Catholics) are rectangles (Christian), but not all rectangles (Christians) are square (Catholic). Squares are by definition rectangles, just as Catholics are by definition Christian.
Thanks for pointing this out!! The old math junkie in me was jumping to state what you said!
I am a faithfull Catholic and a devoted Christian, but please, please don’t call me a square! 😃
Hey, you asked for it: It’s hip 2 b square! :dancing: :whistle: 😃
 
No offense.
But I’m sooo tired of certain Protestant groups spreading this myth that Catholics aren’t Christians (as if Christianity and Catholicism were two separate religions).
Catholics were Christians long, long, long before the first Protestant was a Christian.
It just makes me sick!
My girlfriend, who’s a Protestant, thought this when we first started dating.
Look…
It’s just as offensive to say that Catholics aren’t Christians as it is to say that Orthodox Jews aren’t real Jews because only Hasidic Jews are real Jews.
Or to say that Sunni Muslims aren’t real Muslims because only Shia Muslims are real Muslims.
If I hear one more person say that Catholisism and Christianity are two separate religions I’m seriously gonna flip out!
I can’t beleive how easy it is to spread a lie!
 
If I hear one more person say that Catholisism and Christianity are two separate religions I’m seriously gonna flip out!
Catholics and Christians are two… 😃

Just kidding

You made a great point here:
Catholics were Christians long, long, long before the first Protestant was a Christian.
If Catholics arn’t Christians are we to believe that Christianity died sometime after Jesus and then came about during the Reformation? Because before the Reformation there was only the Catholics.

I don’t get to bent out of shape if someone says I am not a Christian… Its not up for them to decide.
 
If Catholics arn’t Christians are we to believe that Christianity died sometime after Jesus and then came about during the Reformation? Because before the Reformation there was only the Catholics.
Many of the people who perpetuate this story believe that after the first couple of centuries, Christianity went underground and that the real Christians had to hide from the Catholics. I’m not really certain from where they get this history?
 
Many of the people who perpetuate this story believe that after the first couple of centuries, Christianity went underground and that the real Christians had to hide from the Catholics. I’m not really certain from where they get this history?
Actually I have heard this. This is odd though because didnt most of the reformers come out of the Church. Luther was a monk correct? Zwingli a preist? Calvin if I am not mistaken was educated for the priesthood before focusing on law. Were they hiding inside the Church? :rolleyes:
 
I believe the difference is far smaller than most of us have been accustomed to thinking.

Pope John XXIII stated and Pope John Paul II reaffirmed

“That which seperates us as believers in Christ is far less than that which unites us.”

Anyone who truly seeks God’s kingdom as Jesus taught is of one family with all who seek that kingdom.

Jim
 
I believe the difference is far smaller than most of us have been accustomed to thinking.

Pope John XXIII stated and Pope John Paul II reaffirmed

“That which seperates us as believers in Christ is far less than that which unites us.”

Anyone who truly seeks God’s kingdom as Jesus taught is of one family with all who seek that kingdom.

Jim
:yup: :clapping: :tiphat:
 
No offense.
But I’m sooo tired of certain Protestant groups spreading this myth that Catholics aren’t Christians (as if Christianity and Catholicism were two separate religions).
IMO, no religion in the world uses propaganda as does Protestantism. Especially anti-Catholic propaganda. Almost everything the typical Protestant knows about the Catholic Faith is spoon-fed propaganda.

This “Catholic vs Christian” thing is more propaganda, an attempted hijacking of the term “Christian” by some Protestants.

(I assume these Protestants don’t refer to themselves as Protestant…or Baptist or whatever…for then one could use Christian vs Protestant, Baptist, Lutheran, etc.)
 
Catholics were the first Christians.
Catholics are the first Christians. Always have. Always been. There was no Orthodox Church before 1054.

Remember St. Ignatius of Antioch, said in 110 A.D “Where there is Jesus Christ, there is the Catholic Church.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top