C
Crumpy
Guest
I don’t usually pop in to a long thread like this, but I have some – maybe dumb – thoughts about Hahn.
One is, I’m just not on the same wavelength as theologians. I hear him say things in theology and I get a headache, because I don’t understand them.
Second, I sort of liked his books, but he’s really got a lot of them. Sure, a lot of people have written a lot of books, but I’m miffed that I cannot keep up with them, just for the money and – perhaps – for the value of them. you know? And, he’s advertising his books on EWTN, too. I don’t like that, can’t explain why.
His book about Mary seemed to skip over the explanation of the Assumption (was that it?)
Between you and me, I don’t like that he “skated” over that subject. The book seems incomplete on that point alone.
Third, in some of his books, there is a thin layer of humor, and some of his remarks sound like a punchline. I just don’t care for that style.
I have and read The Lamb’s Supper, but it doesn’t seem to cover the entire book of Revelation, does it?
Overall: I don’t know anything about RCIA. That may not be the best place to go so deeply into things, like books from Scott Hahn. There may be a better place to discuss Hahn’s books. But, RCIA may not be the best place, because it disadvantages people who have not read the book. I think the teacher, too, should not make disparaging comments for the same reason.
Anytime there is a discussion of RCIA around this website, it always seems to be that it is lacking in some aspect. I don’t know who teaches it, to begin with, and how they got the “job” of teaching RCIA. I don’t think RCIA is essentially a class in apologetics or is intended to be. Maybe I’m wrong.
One is, I’m just not on the same wavelength as theologians. I hear him say things in theology and I get a headache, because I don’t understand them.
Second, I sort of liked his books, but he’s really got a lot of them. Sure, a lot of people have written a lot of books, but I’m miffed that I cannot keep up with them, just for the money and – perhaps – for the value of them. you know? And, he’s advertising his books on EWTN, too. I don’t like that, can’t explain why.
His book about Mary seemed to skip over the explanation of the Assumption (was that it?)
Between you and me, I don’t like that he “skated” over that subject. The book seems incomplete on that point alone.
Third, in some of his books, there is a thin layer of humor, and some of his remarks sound like a punchline. I just don’t care for that style.
I have and read The Lamb’s Supper, but it doesn’t seem to cover the entire book of Revelation, does it?
Overall: I don’t know anything about RCIA. That may not be the best place to go so deeply into things, like books from Scott Hahn. There may be a better place to discuss Hahn’s books. But, RCIA may not be the best place, because it disadvantages people who have not read the book. I think the teacher, too, should not make disparaging comments for the same reason.
Anytime there is a discussion of RCIA around this website, it always seems to be that it is lacking in some aspect. I don’t know who teaches it, to begin with, and how they got the “job” of teaching RCIA. I don’t think RCIA is essentially a class in apologetics or is intended to be. Maybe I’m wrong.
