When God answers No and Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
When we pray for relief for the Holy souls in Purgatory, does God sometimes answer no and not yet before he gives them relief?

When we pray for the conversion of sinners, does God sometimes answer no and not yet before He pours grace on them?
 
Last edited:
Nelka, how can we know God’s answer for those in Purgatory? How can we know how the Holy Spirit is moving in a heart and soul? Pray and trust in God’s mercy
 
I, for one, am dying to find out.

My fervent hope is that, when I am called, I will say to God, “Lord, this is all very strange - just a moment ago I was praying…”
 
Last edited:
Did you intend the pun, our friend with the target on your back?
Made me smile anyway.

It’s a matter of trust in God’s merciful love, Nelka.
If you are troubled about any particular loved one, I’ll add to yours, my prayers for his or her soul.
God bless you and your loved ones.
 
Last edited:
It is up to God as to which soul in purgatory He applies our suffrages and prayers. We can ask they be applied for a specific soul, and most times they are I think, but it is up to God as he knows where these merits are needed to be applied the most.

To your second question - God does hear and grant our prayers for the conversion of sinners and wants to give them His grace - but it is up to the sinner to be open to these graces and respond accordingly. God wants all sinners to be converted to Him. God permits souls to reject Him and His graces. He never stops calling each soul to repentance /conversion. It is us who have stopped our ears and hardened our hearts.

Keep praying for the souls in purgatory and for the conversion of sinners and trust in God to apply these merits/graces where He Wills.
 
When we pray for the conversion of sinners, does God sometimes answer no and not yet before He pours grace on them?
Yes. St. Monica prayed for 20 years before St. Augstine converted.
 
Oh that should have been, “our-friend-with-the-target-on-the-back” in lieu of actually saying your name.
The perceived pun related the double meaning in “dying to”
Maybe it’s only an occasional Aussies colloquial to lightly say something like, “I’m dying for a coffee” or I’m dying for a swim” (on a hot day) or whatever they desperately want in that moment.
Seeing mirages, in the meaning of your dying reference is all.
The target bit I get! We all wear one on the forehead or back in some sense or other.

Sorry, my husband and I frequently play with language and make each other laugh, even when he look like death-warmed-up.

And on topic,
yes, it’s really hard when God answers “no” or “maybe” and even harder that He doesn’t often say it in an audible voice and we’re left to wonder painfully … left to rely on faith when the temptation is to bang our spoon louder on the table wanting instant results, like the child who is always within most of us
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top