Specifically, Adam and Eve were the first couple with a rational soul. Science has never had access to the coming of a new specie. We don’t know how it happens, that some group, genetically different, that can reproduce their kind, suddenly spontaneously appears, Male and Female… The most we have seen is micro-evolution. Like dogs, all the different breeds. Still able to interbreed but with a diversity of expression.
How did species move from one to another. A lot of speculation. No answers.
If Adam and Eve were the first humans with a rational soul, that means they spawned admist a larger selection of proto-humanoids without a Human Soul.
To achive this wider genetic diversity, this means Adam and Eve had to have interbred with these other creatures. Isn’t breeding with a non human bestiality? Why is Gods creation plan reliant upon both adultery and zoophilia, two mortal sins?
It’s here that the single pair source theory falls to pieces again.
Death that is referred to, may be death of the spirit, for before there was sin, nothing was condemned to Hell (spiritual death). But with sin, came death. Physical death, that is no big deal. It is God’s way of moving us to live with Him forever.
This may be possible, but to my knowledge the Catholic Church has long held a literal interpretation of Death entering the world and a spiritual death is a (relatively) more recent development. A case of “the God of the Gaps” if you like.
I highlighted the case of physical death here but we can replace it with any one of the ills said or have been said to have been a result of the fall. Ilness, Aging, Pain; these have been said to be the consequence of sin where science has clearly defined that they are a requirement for the world to function. Without Illness or Aging there would be overpopulation (Darkmatter2525’s first critique of Genesis on youtube explains this far better than I do), and without a full emotional spectrum humans are not fully sentient.
Why are the results of sin a requirement for the world to function and human sentience?
I don’t see a problem here. Since the fall, man is subject to concupicence, disordered desire. One of them is homosexual desire. Similar to heterosexual desire outside marriage. We, being intellegent, can resist, but often fall into sin. In addition to Lust, we are also attracted to Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Wrath, and Envy. It’s natural, just as you wrote, we are fallen man.
I actually don’t think we are
nods to religion box and I really don’t want to tackle the morality of the act itself since it’s not relevant here, the origin is. You state yourself that Homosexual impulses are a disordered desire when modern psychiatric medicine is certain that it is to be expected of a percentage the of the population of every species of mammal. It is so clearly embedded within development while it may be a recessive trait like red hair, it serves a purpose.
Many theories have been postulated as to why it occurs (I read one theory very recently that said because it occurs with such regularity, it is a way for providing a “carer” for the tribe/pack. When wolves who commit solely homosexual acts have been observed in the wild, they at the same time have more often than not been found to be caring for the offspring of the Alpha. Fascinating stuff, I’ll share the link when I’m at home on the PC).
Wait, science has proved something without evidence, without facts, without someone being there, see hearing or collecting information. Speculation is not proof. This ‘miticondrial eve’ may not be the Eve of the bible, but the eve of science. With whom did this science-adam mate? Humans? Apes? Biblical Eve? Who knows. We don’t have the birth records.
What kind of evidence would you like for this one? I cannot present you with a particle of gravity, but I’m sure you do not doubt it is a real, observable force.
Our grasp of how genetics “work” is solid enough now to say with a great deal of certainty that humanity cannot have all descended from a single pair. Yes, Mitochondrial Eve is probably not the biblical Eve (I’d be very surprised if she was), science does not claim this. What it does claim is there is a far wider source of todays genetic diversity, it could not have all descended from one couple. It is an genetic impossibility.
If Adam and Eve were white for instance, Oriental and Black people would not exist. It’s a gross oversimplification, but I hope you get what I’m trying to express.