C
CJsmommy
Guest
Coming from a Protestant background when I’ve prayed only directly to God through the Name of Jesus, when do Catholics do that, and when do they ask Mary (or another saint) to pray for them instead?
…yes I agree and will follow as well…Have nothing to add at the moment but will follow the thread because this is a good topic.
ICXC NIKA.
John 19:25-27:Where in the scriptures does it say we should pray to mary?
When Catholics use the expression “pray to Mary” or “pray to the saints,” we are using the word “pray” in a sense that used to be common in English but isn’t anymore, “pray” meaning “to ask.” So when we “pray to Mary,” we are actually asking her for her prayers, the same way we ask our friends to pray for us. We know we can do this because when He died, Jesus gave all of us His mother.Therefore the soldiers did these things. But standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” From that hour the disciple took her into his own household.
John 2Where in the scriptures does it say we should pray to mary?
i am sorry sorry protestants have missed ship’s movement on how important a spiritual relationship with Mary is
i wouldn’t change my devotion to Mary for the world
Do you recall where Jesus was pressed into public ministry at the Wedding Feast of Cana? It was at His Mother’s behest.Where in the scriptures does it say we should pray to mary?
It’s hard to answer this question, because as Catholics, we believe that God continues to reveal himself to us throughout history.I’m not a Protestant but since they missed the ship, I’ll ask how would you help them get on that ship, how would you show one that from the Bible we are instructed to do that? I’m curious to learn and understand. Thanx
Where in scripture does it say not to pray to Mary?Where in the scriptures does it say we should pray to mary?
There is a difference between Inspiration and Revelation.But as a Catholic do you believe that God speaks to us through his word the Bible? I know christians should believe that the Bible is inspired from God… Since the Bible is the most wide spread book in the world I could believe that God’s word should go out to everyone… But when you say there are writings that comes after the Bible, what makes you believe that it is inspired by God?.. I think the Bible was writing to show us how to serve and worship God, you telling me theres another book out there that I’ve never heard about?