N
nickybr38
Guest
From an Apologetics standpoint. If you’re discussing the faith with someone and they continually get upset over things that really one shouldn’t be getting upset over (calm conversations, hard but true points, respectful manners)… do you continue the conersations or do you back down?
I have been discussing the faith with a lady who continually becomes offended when I point out certain historical facts and/or certain points. I try very hard to be super respectful and patient but she continually finds offense in things that aren’t said in an offensive manner. She has even become very upset to the point of tears while debating some issues.
She is the one who initiates these conversations but I almost feel like I should stop taking them up and should refuse to pick up what she puts down.
What would you do?
I don’t want to give up on her but on the same hand I’m not convinced I’m doing any good.
There have been points where I’ve been able to disprove her theories only to have her change the subject by snapping: WELL THE CHURCH BURNED HERETICS.
Instead of taking offense I just explained what a heretic is and encouraged her to study her history a bit more but I kind of feel like she doesn’t know as much as she thinks and it frustrates her to be challenged. And yet she keeps starting these conversations!!! It’s confusing.
I have been discussing the faith with a lady who continually becomes offended when I point out certain historical facts and/or certain points. I try very hard to be super respectful and patient but she continually finds offense in things that aren’t said in an offensive manner. She has even become very upset to the point of tears while debating some issues.
She is the one who initiates these conversations but I almost feel like I should stop taking them up and should refuse to pick up what she puts down.
What would you do?
I don’t want to give up on her but on the same hand I’m not convinced I’m doing any good.
There have been points where I’ve been able to disprove her theories only to have her change the subject by snapping: WELL THE CHURCH BURNED HERETICS.
Instead of taking offense I just explained what a heretic is and encouraged her to study her history a bit more but I kind of feel like she doesn’t know as much as she thinks and it frustrates her to be challenged. And yet she keeps starting these conversations!!! It’s confusing.