When you see an offensive image

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greenfields
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s because I don’t have kids, but I’ve never felt a need to be the world’s offensive image nanny.

If a shop has stuff up that I find truly offensive, which would generally have to be something beyond one girlie magazine or calendar and be more like a whole wall of stuff, I vote with my dollars and don’t shop there.
Ditto! 🌷
 
Worlds offensive image nanny 😀 my brothers, SIL’s,sisters and parents all do the same as me when they feel the need…it’s just part of who we are.
 
When I was the father of young children, back in the twentieth century, we didn’t often see that sort of thing, except in places where you would expect to see those magazines and even there they were always up on the top shelf, as @Cecilia_Dympna has pointed out. But then again, back in those days we didn’t have the internet either. Now that kids all have their own smartphones giving them access to whatever they want to look at, I would imagine the magazine question isn’t as important as it used to be, though as I said, since I no longer have young children of my own, I can’t speak from personal experience.
 
I can definitely understand asking someone to take a suggestive image down if you have kids. Kids don’t need to be exposed to that kind of stuff. If it were me, in theory I would wish to do it, but in reality I would probably ignore it.
 
I’d go to the nearest attendant and would ask him or her: would you put your child in that kind of clothing?

Then tell him or her to take it down because it is offensive
 
I think the idea was that the image was within eyesight of a child, not OF a child. But I think the OP was rather poorly phrased, which made it ambiguous between the two.
 
In the past, in checkout lines with my children, I have flipped inappropriate magazines over so that the back cover was now facing us as we stood in line.
 
Last edited:
One of my absolute hero’s was our little rural school’s teacher ,
from across the yard he recognised what was happening when a group of children saw
something on the ground and went to pick it up.My son said the teacher sprinted hard across
the yard and grabbed the magazine just in time.A truck drivers magazine that had blown into the school
ground.He knew images couldn’t be unseen, knew the danger.
We should always try to protect what our children see ,think ahead and be proactive.
 
If you are going to complain about sexually suggestive magazines maybe you ought to never go to the beach or pool either.

I doubt you’ll approach those women and tell them to change because little kids can see them

Be sure if you call out Pamela you should call Fabio too
 
Last edited:
Dear SHB 🙂 It’s not complaining,it’s discussing and trying to live out a good life standing up for what’s right.
God bless.
 
  1. Look away.
  2. Pray for the person(s) in the image and/or the one who made the image.
  3. Do not dwell on it.
 
Just look away. What someone has in their store is their business. If you don’t like it don’t shop there
 
Interesting 🙂 Why not do something?Why not make it a better place if it’s possible? Why not help people ?
Are people just more receptive where I live? I’m a happy optimist as are all my family and friends and people respond .
 
its a gas station. It isn’t a church. Gas stations are privately owned. The people who own it can put up whatever they like. If you don’t like it you’re free not to shop there but it’s wrong and rude to tell someone to take something down in their own place.

It’s not against the law to have what they have up. It’s not even pornography you said
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top