Where do I start?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nevaehniko
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
An update:

This morning I got up the nerve to call the local parish. I got the answering machine. I was really hoping to talk to a person. The machine message said that confessions are at 5 on Saturdays.

Can I just go to confession without being Catholic? Should I call again before confession time and ask?
 
An update:

This morning I got up the nerve to call the local parish. I got the answering machine. I was really hoping to talk to a person. The machine message said that confessions are at 5 on Saturdays.

Can I just go to confession without being Catholic? Should I call again before confession time and ask?
Since you couldn’t reach him by phone, just go into the confessional and tell him you couldn’t reach him by phone, but would like to arrange a time to talk to him about instructions on the cathoic faith. Then he will make some arrangement with you.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.
 
Hello!

I have not made it there yet, but I did drive by it today with my husband. 🙂

The Rosary was my first step on this journey. Somehow, I requested one online without really understanding what it was. I love the Rosary.

Here is the site I use to help me stay focused while doing the Rosary: fatima.org/essentials/requests/onlinerosary.asp . Click the picture to start. The music is so beautiful. Just click on the parts of the Rosary, starting at the cross and it will lead you step by step.

This page might also be helpful for you (it helps me): catholicity.com/prayer/rosary.html

👍
Very good websites; thanks for sharing.
I think Fred’s suggestion about going to the priest in the confessional is a very good one.
I hope your husband supports your interest in Catholicism. Will be praying for you.
 
Hello!

I have not made it there yet, but I did drive by it today with my husband. 🙂

The Rosary was my first step on this journey. Somehow, I requested one online without really understanding what it was. I love the Rosary.

Here is the site I use to help me stay focused while doing the Rosary: fatima.org/essentials/requests/onlinerosary.asp . Click the picture to start. The music is so beautiful. Just click on the parts of the Rosary, starting at the cross and it will lead you step by step.

This page might also be helpful for you (it helps me): catholicity.com/prayer/rosary.html

👍
God bless you! And WELCOME! 🙂 There are many, many resources for the amazing devotion of the Rosary and to Mary. One of my most favorite is the Laudate app for both iPhone and Android. It’s free, and has great options for audio or follow along Rosary, Divine Mercy, daily readings, reflections and sooooo much more. The Scriptural Rosary, prayed in audio by Melissa at Scriptural Rosary, is amazing; it has a scripture reading before every Hail Mary. Youtube has some amazing Rosaries as well.

If you would like to attend Mass…just go; sit in the back. Is there a larger city nearby, that would have a larger parish? Again, you could sit in the back.

Mary loves you. <3
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top