A
alid35
Guest
Where in scripture does it state “to accept Christ as our personal Lord and Savior”?
I think that was sarcasm.i don’t see the problem with the title of the post (???)![]()
Is He all yours, personally? Or does He belong to the whole world?Where in scripture does it state “to accept Christ as our personal Lord and Savior”?
Eh, lets be careful when we get picky with stuff like that. I was in Washington DC recently with a few friends, and we passed a Catholic Church that had a sign outside. It said, “Eucharistic Adoration: Come spend time with our Lord!”. One of my friends, who is a protestant, said “Why is He just YOUR Lord? He’s everyone’s, not just YOURS”. It was a complaint that was backed by a pre-existing prejudice against Catholics, not a serious question.Is He all yours, personally? Or does He belong to the whole world?![]()
meaning??I think that was sarcasm.
As for me, I have accepted Christ as my **professional **Lord and Savior.![]()
not sure exactly what you mean but i (for one) am NOT going to water down my Catholicism just so as not to “offend” (Define that word) protestants…Eh, lets be careful when we get picky with stuff like that. I was in Washington DC recently with a few friends, and we passed a Catholic Church that had a sign outside. It said, “Eucharistic Adoration: Come spend time with our Lord!”. One of my friends, who is a protestant, said “Why is He just YOUR Lord? He’s everyone’s, not just YOURS”. It was a complaint that was backed by a pre-existing prejudice against Catholics, not a serious question.
As Catholics, lets try not to be guilty of that.![]()
I think you misunderstood me. Maybe you should re read my post. We shouldn’t water down our Catholicism at all! It was in response to the comment:not sure exactly what you mean but i (for one) am NOT going to water down my Catholicism just so as not to “offend” (Define that word) protestants…
When i am in the Real Presence I am with Jesus in a very unique and tangible way… and that’s what i tell non-Catholics… If they find that offensive… Who cares? I am to avoid offending GOD…
if the truth offends… something is wrong…
I meant that we should avoid comments like the quote above, because I had a protestant do that to me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to spend time with “Our Lord”, and there is nothing wrong with calling Him “our Lord”. It was wrong for my protestant friend for getting offended at calling Christ “our” Lord. Just as it is wrong for us Catholics to get upset when protestants call Jesus “their” Lord.Is He all yours, personally? Or does He belong to the whole world?![]()
Consider the substance of this to be in Scripture, but not the form. And I do not intend that to mean a defense of “Just say that you believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior and you go to Heaven!”.Where in scripture does it state “to accept Christ as our personal Lord and Savior”?
Galatians 4:6Where in scripture does it state “to accept Christ as our personal Lord and Savior”?
I totally agree with that - the Protestants (and I used to be one of them) continually talk about having “a personal relationship with Jesus”, but then scoff as Catholics receive Holy Communion - what is more personal than receiving the very Body and Blood of Jesus?i think its strange (ironic) that protestants are the ones using this phrasology…
when Cathlics possess the absolute Best and Highest way of having a personal relationship wtih Christ… It’s called
.
.
*** the Real Presence… ***
***the MASS ***
.
.
I think it strange that some Catholics get offended by the Protestant phrasology. Protestants have their Personal Relationship as the ‘gold standard’, while many Catholics profess/think only Communal Church Relational ties to Christ is bibical.i think its strange (ironic) that protestants are the ones using this phrasology…
.
i totally agree… but… i don’t know what denom you r from… but I have noticed, esp in the last sev yrs, that a lot of protestants live out Christianity (at least in some ways) better than (most?) Catholics do.I totally agree with that - the Protestants (and I used to be one of them) continually talk about having “a personal relationship with Jesus”, but then scoff as Catholics receive Holy Communion - what is more personal than receiving the very Body and Blood of Jesus?
As for them asking Catholics asking repeatedly “where’s that in the Bible?” - that question, when turned on its head and asked of themselves on a multitude of issues they hold dear, leaves them without any answers - but until the grace is given for them to see the very irony of that question, and how it points to the glaring fatal flaw in their whole system, they will never admit they are wrong
—todd
catholicsojourner.blogspot.com
First off, if you say aloud these words: “Our Lord”, you are including yourself, right?I think it strange that some Catholics get offended by the Protestant phrasology. Protestants have their Personal Relationship as the ‘gold standard’, while many Catholics profess/think only Communal Church Relational ties to Christ is bibical.
Each Tribe needs to explore the other’s spiritual reality … and discover that BOTH type bondings to Christ are scriptural and necessary.