M
Markie_Boy
Guest
OK - I have just about found solid ground with Catholic doctrine, and agree it seems to be “complete”.
But one final question - Where is the Comfort in Catholicism? In much of the teaching I have taken in (especially Greg Laurie whom I still really like), Bible passages are quoted that assure salvation, if you believe and try to follow Christ. A VERY comforting message.
Does the Catholic church teach something similar? Every time I finish reading Catholic info it leaves me less comforted, and it seems to focus less on God’s grace and ultimate love, more on trying to dissect the little things.
The most comforting thing I have hear on the Catholic side, is the Pope saying the church has often got tied up in little things, and needs to get back to focusing on the bigger issue of the Good News of the Gospel (saw this on a youtube, Fr. Barron on Pope Francis interview).
But one final question - Where is the Comfort in Catholicism? In much of the teaching I have taken in (especially Greg Laurie whom I still really like), Bible passages are quoted that assure salvation, if you believe and try to follow Christ. A VERY comforting message.
Does the Catholic church teach something similar? Every time I finish reading Catholic info it leaves me less comforted, and it seems to focus less on God’s grace and ultimate love, more on trying to dissect the little things.
The most comforting thing I have hear on the Catholic side, is the Pope saying the church has often got tied up in little things, and needs to get back to focusing on the bigger issue of the Good News of the Gospel (saw this on a youtube, Fr. Barron on Pope Francis interview).