Where to find modest bridesmaid gowns?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kevinsgirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, David’s was very unsatisfactory and had a poor selection as well.

I am going to buy all matching dresses for the younger girls (flower girls, guest book helpers, junior bridesmaids) on eBay. Just search for pageant dresses. Awesome selection and most of the dresses are very formal and modest.

Then I am going with a basic color for all my bridesmaids. Such as black, red or brown.

Nothing has been committed to, but I emailed a seller on eBay and he is willing to make boleros or sell the fabric all from the same dye lot of the little girl’s dresses. So all the jackets for the bridesmaids will match the little girls.

This is also a simple idea if you decide to go with primary or basic colors. Just mix and match for coordinated style.

The one thing I would advise doing if you are using ebay: decide and purchase as early as possible!! Lots of unhappy customers on eBay suffered at the hands of slow shipping or postal confusion. Better to have it all sorted out ahead of time!
I bought my flower girls dresses off ebay. They made custom made dresses and were beautiful (and very economic). My colors were Burgundy/Wine and Platinum/Silver, so the dresses were Burgundy/Wine. They were made and sent to me from Eastern Europe and took about 2 months to arrive, but well worth the wait. All the local dresses that were similar were 3-5 times the price.
 
This is the dress I’m seriously considering now–it’s from JCPenny and is a whopping $69.99… 😃 Machine washable too… 😛

So what do you think? 🙂 Does it look formal enough for a wedding?

Oh, and guess what? It comes in pink! 😃
 
This is the dress I’m seriously considering now–it’s from JCPenny and is a whopping $69.99… 😃 Machine washable too… 😛

So what do you think? 🙂 Does it look formal enough for a wedding?

Oh, and guess what? It comes in pink! 😃
That is a lovely dress! It should be flattering on a variety of body types too. They could wear it to church later since it does not look like a stereotypical bridesmaid dress.
 
What about bridesmaid gifts? What did ya’ll choose/are going to choose?

I’m thinking along the lines of a tasteful piece of jewelry that they’ll be able to wear for the wedding and keep afterwards.

Actually, I picked out these three pieces and was going to let my bridesmaids choose which one they wanted…
 
kevinsgirl,

The jewelry is a very nice gift for the ladies. My daughter was married this past June and she bought necklaces for the gifts. The girls all wore them in the wedding.

The harder thing for us was what to get the guys…we ended up getting them all gift cards from Best Buy.
 
Kevinsgirl,

I like the dress you’re considering for the bridesmaids!

When you mentioned lots of feminine lace, I immediately thought of one of my fave designers, Martin McCrea. I know it’s a little over theprojected budget, but total lace eye-candy in my book!

Martin McCrea Couture

Best wishes,
Karen
 
Love the dress!
I like the jewelry too. My only observation is to make sure the pink pearls don’t clash with the pink in the dress, or go with white or ivory pearls.

I got each of my bridesmaids a very inexpensive silver tone cross with purple rhinestones that brought all the dresses together since everyone had a different style. Found them at autom.com. Not very high quality, but they looked pretty and served their purpose. Seriously, they were like 10 cents apiece.

I also bought nice crystal vases from Tuesday Morning or one of those other discount type stores. Probably $20-30 vases for $5-6. They can be used to hold their bouquets to form the centerpieces at the reserved tables, and then taken home.
 
My husband got each of his groomsmen a pocket knife engraved with their name. They were very distinguished-looking and under $10 apiece including engraving. Found the site online somewhere.
 
My husband got each of his groomsmen a pocket knife engraved with their name. They were very distinguished-looking and under $10 apiece including engraving. Found the site online somewhere.
I came across some of those when I was looking, and they seemed very nice…I’ll have to run it past my fiance. 🙂

Like newf said earlier–it’s harder to buy gifts for the guys than the girls. It’s probably that way so there’s a proper balance between time spent shopping: lots of time on dress + easy gift for girls while it’s easy outfit + lots of time on gift for the guys… 😉

And speaking of running things past my fiance, how involved was yours with the wedding planning? 🙂 Mine is content with me making the decisions because he says he wants me to have the wedding I want…he gets to plan the honeymoon (although he likes to ask me for (name removed by moderator)ut on it). Just wondered if that’s about how other couples are…
 
The pocket knife for the guys is a neat idea…we had a problem with that because all our guys flew in for the wedding and the airlines won’t let you fly with pocketknives…just something to keep in mind.

As for the wedding plans, my daughter and I did the planning. Future husband was wonderful about agreeing with everything and staying out of the way. He also planned and paid for the honeymoon.
 
I’d love it if my mom was planning the wedding with me, but she’s dealing with a lot of other things going on in her life, so it isn’t fair of me to ask her…

That’s another reason why it’s so great to have ya’ll’s (name removed by moderator)ut… 🙂
 
kevinsgirl, I’m sorry your mom is unavailable for you for the planning of your wedding. It’s very loving of you to understand she has other things on her mind right now. She has a very loving daughter.

I enjoy the threads on your wedding. Thank you for letting us share in your fun.
 
I may not have much to contribute, but I have been reading this thread and keeping up with it, and it is one of my favorities in a long time. Best wishes to you, kevinsgirl (and to kevin, too).
 
I bought pretty silver flower pendants (on chains) for my bridesmaids. They all wore them for the wedding. I also gave them little boxes of Godiva chocolates (I had three bridesmaids so not too expensive). The chocolates may have been a bigger hit than the jewelry.

My husband gave his groomsmen Best Buy gift cards. I think the general consensus was that the gift cards made up for the monkey suits. 😃
 
Hey everyone! 👋

I’m smack in the middle of planning my wedding next summer and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for where to find modest bridesmaid’s gowns? By modest, I’d like something with little cleavage and sleeves… Incidentally, have you ever walked into David’s Bridal and requested sleeves on a dress? It’s really funny…:rotfl:

So, anyway, any websites or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Thanks and God bless!

kevinsgirl :love:
A lingerie store. Just kidding. Modesty is important.
 
I love the train on the gown, it’s beautiful. You will be gorgeous in that.
 
Ooh, love the dress! You should get the gloves too, they look very elegant.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top