I was looking at the poster in you thread. I believe they are priests that are shown there, and they are to protect the RCC from false doctrine,etc. My question to you is, who is going to protect the people from the so called “protectors”. In my area here, in the last few years there were at least ten priest taken to court and charged with being pedifiles. These men were up in age, and they were finally caught. I say finally, because these men committed these offenses a few years back but were not disciplined by the hierarchy, in fact they were shifted to another “parish” and allowed to serve there, I believe there is another word for this, it is called “coverup”. I blame this situation on the lack of the RCC to follow scripture regarding these priests. In 1 Tim 4:1-3, it talks about this situation. What a terrible life for these kids to go through because the word of God was not followed. Not far from where I live here, there is an RC parish, who at the moment has to muster up 13.5 million dollars to pay a fine for abuse done over the years to people of different ages. The parishioners are asked to pay this cost. I will guess that there are about 3000 people who will be paying for this problem. As the saying goes, “be sure your sins will find you out”. Sounds like a lousy track record to me. Who will protect you from the “protectors”. Ralph