Which is worse or better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikew262
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Im glad to hear that you are not a hater.šŸ‘ However, your posts make you come across that way. It is probably the way you word things and the huge font makes it appear you are yelling. I sense a bit of sarcasm in your words. This is just a bit of constructive criticism coming from the other side of the Tiber.😃
That’s not a huge font…it’s one notch above that dinky bad joke that is standard here and it is Verdana font which makes for cleaner looking and more readable posts. Yelling is all caps, and often a whole lot bigger than anything that I use. I never yell.

I’m not sarcastic as that would be uncharitable and inhibit the refutations that I offer.

I word things the way I do because I have a brain and a measure of education and I am a Catholic who uses his every gift from God for the defense and explanation of our most holy faith.

I don’t get mad…it’s a waste of time and again…inhibits the task of rational debate on religious matters. I offer logical, biblical, and historical evidence to support the things that I say and all I expect in return is courtesy, respect, and honesty.

I have a very active sense of humor which allows me to laugh at myself and others and not take all this so seriously that I let it get me down.

That’s why I post like I do, but I also know very well what I believe and why and I know the Word of God at least as well as your average n-C preacher and better than most people. Though I reject Sola Scriptura, I generally begin my discussions/debates with that point since that is the primary common ground between Catholics & non-Catholic Christians.

Hopefully you now understand me a bit better.
Pax tecum,
 
Twenty years ago a catholic priest told me:ā€œThe catholic Church is like a club. It has a set of rules. If you want to be a member of the club, you have to follow the rules. if you don’t follow the rules, you are not in the clubā€
From that moment on, I did’t consider myself catholic.
I’m really sorry to hear that. Please keep in mind that priests are human, too, and they make mistakes. Obviously there is some truth in that priest’s comment (if your method of worship is to interrupt the homily to praise Thor, your membership won’t last very long), but there are limits to that kind of thinking. The fact that you have issues with some of the Church’s teachings doesn’t change the fact that it is the Church. And, obviously, there are very different levels of teaching. If you can’t accept the Trinity, or you think Jesus was just a very nice human being but nothing more, then you’re probably in the wrong place. If you’re struggling to understand the Church’s teaching on contraception, that’s no reason to leave.

There are lots of Catholics who struggle with the Church’s teachings. When people tell them to get out, they face the same problem the Apostles did: ā€œLord, to whom can we go?ā€

Which is why the Church is (and her priests are supposed to be) very slow to kick anyone out.
 
There are enough groups of Catholic ā€œsistersā€ who’s expressed purpose is to ā€œchange the church from the inside.ā€

Sometimes I wish they would just leave. šŸ˜‰
 
That’s not a huge font…it’s one notch above that dinky bad joke that is standard here and it is Verdana font which makes for cleaner looking and more readable posts. Yelling is all caps, and often a whole lot bigger than anything that I use. I never yell.

I’m not sarcastic as that would be uncharitable and inhibit the refutations that I offer.

I word things the way I do because I have a brain and a measure of education and I am a Catholic who uses his every gift from God for the defense and explanation of our most holy faith.

I don’t get mad…it’s a waste of time and again…inhibits the task of rational debate on religious matters. I offer logical, biblical, and historical evidence to support the things that I say and all I expect in return is courtesy, respect, and honesty.

I have a very active sense of humor which allows me to laugh at myself and others and not take all this so seriously that I let it get me down.

That’s why I post like I do, but I also know very well what I believe and why and I know the Word of God at least as well as your average n-C preacher and better than most people. Though I reject Sola Scriptura, I generally begin my discussions/debates with that point since that is the primary common ground between Catholics & non-Catholic Christians.

Hopefully you now understand me a bit better.
Pax tecum,
Now that’s what I call FUNNY!
You do have a sense of humor!
ā€œmeasure of educationā€ What a hoot!
All that and modesty to boot!
Bravo!
 
Now that’s what I call FUNNY!
You do have a sense of humor!
ā€œmeasure of educationā€ What a hoot!
All that and modesty to boot!
Bravo!
You sound like you are in need of some sleep…
 
Hopefully you now understand me a bit better.
What a breath of fresh air! šŸ‘ Thanks Church Militant for your clear, insightful, and inspiring posts. You at least have something to say, more than the Catholics who remain willfully confused about their faith and its teachings. Some Catholics just hate for a clear-headed, level, ā€œon-fireā€ fellow Catholic to have a say.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top