I could see an epic action movie being made about St. Moses the Black, gang leader turned saint. Even his name is pretty darn epic.
I love this story I read about him from EWTN:
Moses had a rather difficult time adjusting to regular monastic discipline. His flair for adventure remained with him. Attacked by a group of robbers in his desert cell, Moses fought back, overpowered the intruders, and dragged them to the chapel where the other monks were at prayer. He told the brothers that he didn’t think it Christian to hurt the robbers and asked what he should do with them. The overwhelmed robbers repented, were converted, and themselves joined the community.
This makes me laugh every time. I can just picture the monks absorbed in prayer in that dimly lit chapel, the peaceful melody of their chants filling the air, when suddenly the door bursts open and in strides Moses, dragging a group of thieves by their collars.
I mean, he was outnumbered, the robbers had the drop on him, and he still took them all down…with his bare hands! How could they not make a movie about this guy?