Which type of crucifix do you have?

• Thread starter Thread starter huskerfan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several with the crucified Christ and one with the risen Christ. It was the one that came from my grandmother’s casket. I too prefer the crucified Christ, but I do love what the risen Christ represents, especially when used on a casket.

40.png
JKirkLVNV:
For those of you who wish to buy older crucifixes (I must say that the older ones are far more beautiful, plus they have a history to them, even if it is unkown…subjective opinion, however), you should try Ebay. You have to wade through a small amount of dreck, but it’s worth it.
I purchased a really nice one, embolized mahognany, on eBay.

I wear a silver cross copy of a cross found on the Spanish treasure ship Atocha. That cross is a risen Christ cross. This cross was bought for me by my wife. Yvonne is a Methodist and I have noticed that most Protestants seem to prefer crosses that are empty as opposed to crosses with Christ on them. As an Episcopalian I have had both kinds and my Rosary Cross has Christ on it. It seems to me that the empty cross represents the celebration that Christ has rissen in deed. It is good to celebrate that but if we forget the other side of the equation, the side where Christ was on the cross we run the danger of missing the point. So I suppose the point I would make is that both crosses are necessary to fully appreciate the saga. Does that make any sense?

Peace,

Peace,

40.png
shannin:
I have a large cruxifix of Jesus on the cross at the top of my stairway. Everytime I go upstairs I pass it.

Shannin
Me too! I have a smaller one in my bedroom too. I had one in the kitchen, but it somehow fell off and Jesus broke from the cross . . . :eek: I need to get it repaired.

I don’t think I’ve ever even seen a “risen” Christ . . . :confused: what does that look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back