Who is your Saint?

• Thread starter Thread starter punisherthunder
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ST. MICHAEL THE ARC ANGEL!!!

He has protected me!!

I also love Mother Mary. Since becoming a mom, I prayfor to the Blessed Mother’s intercession.

My patron saint is Saint Cecilia, whose feast day is tomorrow! Sadly, my son and I are sick and won’t be able to go to Mass tomorrow :crying: I’ve been looking forward to November 22 for months!!

St. Nicholas. I was supposed to be born on that day. Oh, yes and St. Pius X, Our Lady. That’s all I can think of right now.

Saint Thomas Aquinas, since reading his works showed me that the Church has held its teaches in a very sophisticated form for much longer than my protestant upbringing would have be beleive.

Don’t know for sure. Timothy was used as my confirmation name, but I feel for St. Michael The Arch Angel and St. Paul. I’m looking to get a medal, not sure which one to get. Tim

Besides our Blessed Mother (of course), I love St. Martha; she knew the Lord on a day-to-day basis and received his gentle correction (which I also need day-to-day!) The homemaking aspect of our relationship is very important. 😃

I am also interested in the parents of the Little Flower, St. Therese of Lisieux, Zelie and Pierre Martin. I think it’s wonderful that this married couple are being considered for beatification. They had a practical faith that led their 5 surviving daughters to take the veil. Having 2 daughters of our own, I ask their intercession on our behalf; they’ve lived what I’m living now.

I love St. Joseph, and ask his intercession for my wonderful husband. I consider St. Joseph a true father to my beloved Gene, 🙂 and granddad to my girls, whose earthly grandpas are both in heaven. 😦

Being over 50, I ask St. Anthony’s intercession on a regular basis for lost objects. I joke that he and I are on a “first name basis” lol.

I have known and loved St. (oops, Blessed) Kateri since I was a small child and visited the shrine of the North American Martyrs at Auriesville NY with my Nana and my mom. She is a beautiful model of total commitment to Jesus despite an impossible situation. What a role model! 👍

Well, I have a few patron saints.
St. Francis of Assisi is my confirmation saint. I also love St. Maria Goretti, St. Pio, and St. Germaine Cousin.

My current favorite saint is St. Athanasius. He was amazing. He really defended the divinity of Christ against the Arian heresy. He was the bishop of Alexandria, and he was exiled from his diocese five times for his heroic defense of this teaching. I looked online, and he’s not the patron saint of anything, so I’ve adopted him as my patron. It seems to me like he adopted me first, though.
http://www.traditioninaction.org/SOD/SODimages2/062_athanasius.jpg

Grace and Glory:
Well, I have a few patron saints.
St. Francis of Assisi is my confirmation saint. I also love St. Maria Goretti, St. Pio, and St. Germaine Cousin.

My current favorite saint is St. Athanasius. He was amazing. He really defended the divinity of Christ against the Arian heresy. He was the bishop of Alexandria, and he was exiled from his diocese five times for his heroic defense of this teaching. I looked online, and he’s not the patron saint of anything, so I’ve adopted him as my patron. It seems to me like he adopted me first, though.
http://www.traditioninaction.org/SOD/SODimages2/062_athanasius.jpg
I think that “adopting” St. Athanasius is special. The icon you posted really drew me in; his wisdom and confidence are definitely qualities that I could use in my spiritual life! :amen:

St. Joseph for his amazing chastity, and as a teenager I need all the help I can get there. 😉

And St. Sebastion because I run cross country and track. I often find myself asking him for prayer. 😃

St. Raymond of Penafort (my wife’s father was named Ray and in a large measure he is responsible for me joining the CC)

also St Augustine and St Ignatius of Antioch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back