Who's your favorite?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cephas
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
St. Augustine, from those on the list. If nothing else, his quote from the opening of the Confessions, 'Our hearts were made for Thee, O Lord, and they cannot rest until they rest in Thee!" puts him very high on my list.

Yes, Augustine!..“our hearts will not rest until we rest in Thee”.

St. Augustine is a great gift to me. He speaks the language of my heart…

“Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you. You were within me, but I was outside, and it was there that I searched for you. In my unloveliness I plunged into the lovely things which you created. You were with me, but I was not with you. Created things kept me from you; yet if they had not been in you they would have not been at all. You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness. You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness. You breathed your fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for you. I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more. You touched me, and I burned for your peace.”

from The Confessions of Saint Augustine

so far ( into my budding research of and growth in this Faith )

I admire St. Ignatius…

I’ve just started reading a book The Jesuits

he seemed to have an interesting life.

Too bad you can only put seven, there are so many like St. Irenaeus of Lyons, St. Basil the Great, etc. Oh well, St. Augustine is great!

40.png
dalonia:
so far ( into my budding research of and growth in this Faith )

I admire St. Ignatius…

I’ve just started reading a book The Jesuits

he seemed to have an interesting life.
With all due respect Dalonia, I think you may be thinking of St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuit order during the Counterreformation. St. Ignatius of Antioch was an early Church father, Bishop of Antioch living in the early 2nd century A.D. He wrote many letters on his way to Rome to be martyred. It’s an honest mistake though.
Hope that helps!

Ignatius of Antioch, for sure!

He’s significant to me because through him, I saw the truth of the Eucharist as something that is rooted in history. He wrote around 107 A.D. (as my signature notes), and he had a lot to do with my accepting the Eucharist for what it is.

40.png
Tanais:
With all due respect Dalonia, I think you may be thinking of St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuit order during the Counterreformation. St. Ignatius of Antioch was an early Church father, Bishop of Antioch living in the early 2nd century A.D. He wrote many letters on his way to Rome to be martyred. It’s an honest mistake though.
Hope that helps!
Thanks for clearing that up for me :rolleyes:

Sometimes the best way i learn
is by mistakes 😛
Peace to All!
Humbly,
“dalonia”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back