It is not spiritually healthy to ask for or to desire visions and visitations.
Angels only do God’s will, not ours. They are to rule and guide us, not to serve us.
Demons (who are also angels, albeit fallen ones) do not have such scruples. If allowed, they will respond to a man’s desires for visions and other mystical phenomena, disguised as angels of light. Great mystics, like John of the Cross, for instance, discourage not just from desiring and seeking such experiences, but even encourage to actively despise them and, if they were to take place, to entirely ignore them and report them calmly to a confessor.
It is reported in the lives of the saints that the devil tried to deceive them by visions himself disguised as an angel of light, as a great saint, as Our Lady, and yes, even as Our Lord. Because pure spirits can affect our senses appearing in any way. Fortunately, the Lord does not allow this to happen except when it is His will, for the sanctification of a soul.
So don’t play with fire

Seek the Kingdom first, and in the night of the senses, for only by crucifying the flesh and the senses we can strive to be united with Christ in a more perfect partaking of the Divine Nature.
(I have been there…before my conversion, for years I prayed to see and even to embrace my guardian angel…I had such great love for him, even as I barely prayed to God, because in him I saw God’s providence at work…my first silly prayer after First Communion was to the Lord, to grant my angel to guard someone better than me, since I had so greatly burdened him during my life…also I had two distinct dreams I recall…in one, I saw someone in my living room with a serene countenance and now I have a Bible there and I pray every night…in another I was going through a very difficult emotional situation and kept having nightmares concerning a loved one whom I had lost telling me distressing things, and I saw the same figure standing behind me and staring at that person…I never had that recurring nightmare again…so I understand what you are saying, and it is a beautiful desire, very natural. And the Lord may even grant a glimpse of fulfillment of your desire, although we must be patient to meet our angel in heaven - probably the first one we get to see

)
St. Padre Pio, a great mystic, did say that we are free to ask Christ to make himself be felt sensibly after receiving Holy Communion. This by loving Him and desiring to be loved back, not out of curiosity. Christ remained silent when the teachers of the law and king Herod asked to see miracles, but He transfigured before the apostles, and allowed John to rest his head upon His Sacred Heart.
Try instead to be attentive to the direction and guidance of your guardian angel, by praying in times of doubt, need, and temptation, that He may lift your cry to the Father as a loving sacrifice, and bring down His light and grace in return.