M
mcliffor
Guest
I was watching a show the other day about Mary Magdalen and the DaVinci code, and they were intereviewing McBrien at ND about Mary Magdalen. In the thirty seconds I saw, not only did he say there was NO evidence AT ALL that Mary Magdalen was a prostitute, but also that when she had demons cast out of her, that just meant she was sick and god better, since “demons” was how people like Jesus explained sickness before medecine!
My question is, why is such an errant theologian who interprets scripture like a modernist and contrary to 2000 years of Catholic teaching allowed 1) to hold such an important chair at a Catholic university and 2) to not have been excommunicated by our orthodox bishops for his errant teachings?
I mean, we’re not talking about your joe average priest preaching about tolerance in the pulpit…a lot of people listen to this man, and every news agency has his number on speed dial!
My question is, why is such an errant theologian who interprets scripture like a modernist and contrary to 2000 years of Catholic teaching allowed 1) to hold such an important chair at a Catholic university and 2) to not have been excommunicated by our orthodox bishops for his errant teachings?
I mean, we’re not talking about your joe average priest preaching about tolerance in the pulpit…a lot of people listen to this man, and every news agency has his number on speed dial!